'12 JUCO WR Cordarrelle Patterson (UT signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What in the hell are you arguing about?

Here's the basics:

1. We do not have 25-30 plays just for Hunter

2. We probably don't have 25-30 passing plays total (not counting tags, even then, it's probably 30 or less)

3. tvols75 seems to think that the oline has to know far more about offensive formations than the wr's do.

Here's the basics:

2. We probably don't have 25-30 passing plays total (not counting tags, even then, it's probably 30 or less)

3. tvols75 seems to think that the oline has to know far more about offensive formations than the wr's do.

Lulz

Here's the basics:

You do not have a sufficient basis to make statements #1 and #2. As for #3, who cares?

You do not have a sufficient basis to make statements #1 and #2. As for #3, who cares?

I don't know that 100%. I do know that if we had 25 passing plays for Hunter alone, there's noway we would have time to practice all of them. Most college teams have 10-15 passing concepts, and a few different tags, motions, and formations they use to make them appear more complex than they are.

But who cares about our argument, what do you know!!!!

Here's the basics:

1. Who knows

2. I played at a 1-aa school and we had way more then 25-30 and not talking same routes different formations.

3. I agree, olinement get a coverage and have a rule associated with that coveraged based on how the defense lines up.

I don't know that 100%. I do know that if we had 25 passing plays for Hunter alone, there's noway we would have time to practice all of them. Most college teams have 10-15 passing concepts, and a few different tags, motions, and formations they use to make them appear more complex than they are.

But who cares about our argument, what do you know!!!!

So if there are 10-15 concepts and many variations of those concepts that exploit a different part of the d, you think that means there are only 10-15 plays?

Cordarrelle needs to get here on campus, and get here soon.

And finally something everyone can agree to! Completely changes dynamic of offense especially with allowing Rogers to move around from the outside to the slot. Creates so many mismatches.

So if there are 10-15 concepts and many variations of those concepts that exploit a different part of the d, you think that means there are only 10-15 plays?

If you run 4 verticals, but this time tell your running back to run a swing route instead of an option route, that is not a new play. It is a tag. It means you run the exact same play, but you make a very minor change to it.

try approaching it with the idea that playcalling is its own language. different teams use their own language, but they're based on similar principles. the purpose of language is to communicate; and, when you're playing an intense, complex, and competitive game of SEC D1 College Football with millions of dollars invested, you build a complex playbook by using simple language. it is layered. if you're intending to say that there are only 30 routes that jh11 runs, then you would making a more accurate statement... idk if thats what you meant, but i didn't get that impression

Last edited:
try approaching it with the idea that playcalling is its own language. different teams use their own language, but they're based on similar principles. the purpose of language is to communicate; and, when you're playing an intense, complex, and competitive game of SEC D1 College Football with millions of dollars invested, you build a complex playbook by using simple language. it is layered. if you're intending to say that there is only 30 routes that jh11 runs, then you would making a more accurate statement... idk if thats what you mean, but i didn't get that impression

Exactly.

If you run 4 verticals, but this time tell your running back to run a swing route instead of an option route, that is not a new play. It is a tag. It means you run the exact same play, but you make a very minor change to it.

So in a play that is the same except Da'Rick runs a different route from the slot to force the safety shadowing Hunter to cover him, you view that as a same play? Like the previous poster said, if you want to argue the number of routes then you would be accurate. However each route ran by each wr completely changes the concept and goal of a play.

So in a play that is the same except Da'Rick runs a different route from the slot to force the safety shadowing Hunter to cover him, you view that as a same play? Like the previous poster said, if you want to argue the number of routes then you would be accurate. However each route ran by each wr completely changes the concept and goal of a play.

Yes, I'm arguing that, that is one play. Idk how they call plays, but lets assume they use a numbering concept.

You may call 99 one play. The first 9 may tell the oline what blocking scheme to use, we'll say here that 9 means they are using a full zone pass blocking scheme. The second 9 is the passing concept, here we will say that the second 9 means the concept is 4 verticals.

On the next play, maybe I saw something I want to exploit as an OC. Maybe their MLB was matched up on our RB. So I may call 99 F shoot. This would be the exact same play, except now F back is running a shoot route.

If I call 89, I would be running the same play, except with a different pass blocking scheme. 89 may be their half zone pass blocking scheme, or anything else.

Yes, I'm arguing that, that is one play. Idk how they call plays, but lets assume they use a numbering concept.

You may call 99 one play. The first 9 may tell the oline what blocking scheme to use, well say here that 9 means they are using a full zone pass blocking scheme. The second 9 is the passing concept, here we will say that the second 9 means the concept is 4 verticals.

On the next play, maybe I saw something I want to exploit as an OC. Maybe their MLB was matched up on our RB. So I may call 99 F shoot. This would be the exact same play, except now F back is running a shoot route.

If I call 89, I would be running the same play, except with a different pass blocking scheme.

In a simplistic chain of events I can see your point but never is that done. Those are three separate plays that each have a different variation that completely changed the entire play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back