'12 JUCO WR Cordarrelle Patterson (UT signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't provide anything to them? I hope we at least give our GA's room and board

The article is right.. Package deals happen all the time. If a coaching staff thinks they can help the team by making such a deal, I don't have a problem with it.. As far as I know it's not illegal and I really don't see why folks get so upset over them (except when you're on the losing end)..

DaRick and Nance NOT a package deal?..... Come on man... Take the blinders off...

CP and his coach a package deal?.... I don't know but so what if it was...

Bottom line about Da'rick and Nash is that UT was extremely low on numbers at the time thanks to all the attrition of a 3rd head coach in 3 years. They could afford to offer Nash if it helped land the number one player in the state of Georgia. Nash signed his LOI papers like every other HS player that year. Call me a homer but I don't see anything wrong with that- with or without my orange shaded sunglasses on.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Bottom line about Da'rick and Nash is that UT was extremely low on numbers at the time thanks to all the attrition of a 3rd head coach in 3 years. They could afford to offer Nash if it helped land the number one player in the state of Georgia. Nash signed his LOI papers like every other HS player that year. Call me a homer but I don't see anything wrong with that- with or without my orange shaded sunglasses on.

No one is saying there's anything wrong with it, but it was definitely a package deal. It happens every where.

He's a Grad Assistant. But Arky hired Malzahn when they got Mustain at QB so I doubt it.

Yeah I knew he was brought in as a GA. But still my bama buddy is telling me it's not supposed to be allowed to hire someone based on a recruit. So just seeing if anyone knew the rule.

Yeah I knew he was brought in as a GA. But still my bama buddy is telling me it's not supposed to be allowed to hire someone based on a recruit. So just seeing if anyone knew the rule.

And you believe a Bama fan?? I thought you were smarter than that.

Below is an old bio of Brandon Staley when he was at Northern Illinois. Staley is 30-years old and had higher coaching aspirations than being a DC at the JUCO-level. Our coaches met Staley during CP's recruitment and were very impressed with him. After NSD, Staley reached out to Dooley regarding a GA job. Because we had an opening, Dooley interviewed him and believed he was a good fit (very intelligent and a coach on the rise). The whole package deal thing is a stretch. Sure it helps us with Toby Johnson, but Dooley is not going to hire a GA based on improving our chances to land a player.

Player Bio: Brandon Staley - Northern Illinois Official Athletic Site

Reactions: 5 people
Below is an old bio of Brandon Staley when he was at Northern Illinois. Staley is 30-years old and had higher coaching aspirations than being a DC at the JUCO-level. Our coaches met Staley during CP's recruitment and were very impressed with him. After NSD, Staley reached out to Dooley regarding a GA job. Because we had an opening, Dooley interviewed him and believed he was a good fit (very intelligent and a coach on the rise). The whole package deal thing is a stretch. Sure it helps us with Toby Johnson, but Dooley is not going to hire a GA based on improving our chances to land a player.

Player Bio: Brandon Staley - Northern Illinois Official Athletic Site

Good info, thanks OCI

Wasn't there a big fuss when the rumor about CP and his coach being a package deal to Ole Miss? Does anybody know if this is the same coach.

For the record, I have no problems with package deals.

I think CP was a UT lean the whole while he was getting the royal treatment from everyone else. I think he liked the prospects of receiving passes from Bray and having other quality WR's to keep teams from doubling him.

Reactions: 1 person
No big deal unless it's confirmed the deal went down prior. Nothing to see here....hopefully.

Anywho...I think GAs get paid 10g for the yr.

No big deal unless it's confirmed the deal went down prior. Nothing to see here....hopefully.

Anywho...I think GAs get paid 10g for the yr.

They also get room/board, just like players, and they attend class for free to get their Masters for free, just like players (undergrad for players, of course).

They also get room/board, just like players, and they attend class for free to get their Masters for free, just like players (undergrad for players, of course).

I'm with brandon on this not a bad deal at all. Honestly I thought the 10gs were for room and board, and they had to use savings or get a loan to support themselves. Would be worth the opportunity in my mind. Thanks for clearing it up jave.

I always figured that GAs were found the way Staley was. A young coach deals with a big program, sees an opportunity and throws it out there to the coach to see if it sticks. Sounds natural and no biggie. Good luck to him and hope he turns out to be a good one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back