'12 JUCO DE Darrington Sentimore (UT Signee 12/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
he has tremendous quickness and great size.

Sentimore, 6-3, 280, 4. 6 speed in the 40-yard dash, is considered one of the best in the nation at his position. He recorded 120 tackles, 31 for losses, and 16 sacks last year for the 15-0 Wildcats, who won the Class 5 A state championship last season.

“It’s not even something to debate,” Sentimore said. “I am going to be a Tiger. I am jumping on that offer like a wagon. LSU better get ready.”

Of course, Sentimore doesn’t want the entire spotlight.

In fact he would rather just pass it along, handing it to the player next to him on the defensive line for the Wildcats, his younger brother Jerome.

“We are both going to be starting,” Sentimore raved. “He’s 6’6”, 315, and he is only a sophomore. He is already doing the same things I am doing.”

Of course, Jerome hopes that his older brother gets the offer from the defending National Champions, for he hopes to one day suit up in purple and gold as well."

“My brother loves LSU just as much as me,” Sentimore said. “If things work out as planned we should be making Sentimore a household name at LSU in a few years."

He was going to LSU all along, was only waiting for an Offer....LSU was waiting on his grades, he has improved enough with his grades for LSU to Offer.

Scout $

8/14

From the LSU site. LSU will be in next week to check Sentimore's grades and he is expecting an offer. He says he will accept the offer on the spot when it comes.

"I might be going to Tennessee, too," he said. "I think I'll be doing that in two weeks. Other than those I have more that I'm looking at but I'm not sure which ones I'm really interested in. There are some like Auburn -- schools like that -- but I don't really know what I think (beyond Alabama and LSU) yet.

He said he is not talking to LSU. He said he likes Alabama a lot. Do you still think we have a chance? We need him

"I might be going to Tennessee, too," he said. "I think I'll be doing that in two weeks. Other than those I have more that I'm looking at but I'm not sure which ones I'm really interested in. There are some like Auburn -- schools like that -- but I don't really know what I think (beyond Alabama and LSU) yet.

He said he is not talking to LSU. He said he likes Alabama a lot. Do you still think we have a chance? We need him

No. LSU says they are still evaluating him. Probably because of his grades. Alabama is his leader but if LSU offers he's a Tiger. Otherwise Bama.

Alabama coach Nick Saban secured his team's 16th commitment when defensive tackle Darrington Sentimore said today he would sign with Alabama. Sentimore is a 6-foot-3, 265-pound native of Destrehan, La. He is rated as a four-star prospect by Rivals.com and Scout.com, but his name is five-star quality.

After UA hosted about 135 prospects this weekend, it was Sentimore who committed. A member of the Rivals250, he is ESPN.com's 18th-ranked defensive tackle in the country and Scout.com's 20th best. As a junior, he had 122 tackles with 16 sacks.

Sentimore chose Alabama over Arkansas, Miami, and Oklahoma. He said he's no longer holding out on an offer from LSU.

"(Alabama) has everything I need in a program," he told Rivals.com. "I got tired of waiting on LSU. If LSU did offer me later down the road, I wouldn't take it. This is a solid commitment to Alabama."

How about commitment No. 16 for Alabama? - The Rap Sheet - al.com

Although Sentimore has committed to the Tide, that hasn't stopped other schools from calling. A couple of weekends ago, Sentimore visited Arkansas for their game against Tulsa.

Does the visit mean that the Rivals250 member could be shopping around?

"Not at all. If I had to put a percentage on the chances that I would decommit from Alabama, it would be zero," said Sentimore. "My commitment to Alabama is as strong as it has ever been. I went up to Arkansas to see my old teammate Jerico Nelson. He loves it up there. He is trying to get me to join him in Arkansas but he knows I am happy with my decision to go to Alabama. Alabama recruited him too, and he knows I will be in good hands."

Sentimore is making strides towards academic eligibility - a step he started this summer when he passed three summer courses.

"To tell you the truth, I am doing great this school year. I think I will make the honor roll this go around," said Sentimore. "I made a 17 the first time I took the ACT and I took it again the last time they gave it but I am waiting on the score. If I keep my grades the way they are and come up a little bit on my test, maybe by just one point, I will be fine."

Sentimore only saw part of the Tide's big overtime win over LSU last weekend but liked what he was able to watch.

"I saw the last part of the fourth quarter and overtime because we had stuff going on at home," said Sentimore. "I loved seeing Alabama win. They are having a great, great season just like what we are experiencing here at Destrehan. I plan on coming to Alabama and to just keep up the winning."

Sentimore is the ninth-ranked prospect in Louisiana per Rivals for 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back