'12 IL OT Jordan Diamond

Playing in the SEC is the only thing someone could argue, but IMO there isn't really a difference. My point was that Michigan fans seem to think that they are instantly going to be back to where they want to be after the Rich Rod disaster.

They hired a hell of a coach.

They hired a hell of a coach.

He also assembled a hell of a recruiting staff.

If I were a Michigan fan, the issue I have at this point is that I dont think they are being selective enough right now from a recruiting standpoint.

They are taking commitments at rapid speed up there and I think some of the guys they have been taking are marginal takes at best.

If I were a Michigan fan, the issue I have at this point is that I dont think they are being selective enough right now from a recruiting standpoint.

They are taking commitments at rapid speed up there and I think some of the guys they have been taking are marginal takes at best.

They are thin in a lot of spots on defense. Most of the commits are on the D side, and what makes you think they are marginal? With Mattison there they have one of the better evaluators in college football.

"Coach Hiestand was at the school," Diamond said. "He and I have been talking a good bit this spring. The thing about coach Hiestand is that it's not what he says, but it's what he does. He really down to earth and he means what he says. He doesn't always tell you want you want to hear, but it's always honest."

"I don't have any dates set up or anything, but during the summer I plan on going back down there and I will see Tennesse," Diamond explained.

"This summer my focus on my speed and conditioning so that I will be better prepared for the quickness and the grind of the next level."

I have to feel comfortable there and have to have a good vibe with the players and the coaches," Diamond said. "And I want to go somewhere that I will be given a chance to play early if I earn my way. That's really important to me."

-VQ article.

Just curious, but how can Michigan already have four 4* (according to scout) linebackers committed and we can't even sniff one? Is it because we are just holding out or what?

Just curious, but how can Michigan already have four 4* (according to scout) linebackers committed and we can't even sniff one? Is it because we are just holding out or what?

I have absolutely no clue. Not trying to be critical of this staff as LB recruiting at Tennessee has been bad for years, but I think this staff moves at a snails pace compared to other staffs when it comes to trying to get guys in the fold early. I guess it could have its benefits but it also has its negatives as well IMO. It doesn't allow them to ever really be a factor for some of the guys that make very early decisions.

Diamond is still continuing to reseach more into the Vols and he said he was going to do more evaluating of the Vols on Thursday.

"I told coach Hiestand that I was going to call coach Dooley Thursday to catch up with him and ask a few questions," Diamond offered.
- Rivals

I have absolutely no clue. Not trying to be critical of this staff as LB recruiting at Tennessee has been bad for years, but I think this staff moves at a snails pace compared to other staffs when it comes to trying to get guys in the fold early. I guess it could have its benefits but it also has its negatives as well IMO. It doesn't allow them to ever really be a factor for some of the guys that make very early decisions.
I think they are doing what they have to though in the situation they are in and it will pay off in the end.

I would rather them do their due diligence on a guy and get it right then get a flashy player that you have to babysit all year and may end up as a bust. We will have a lot less misses than most because of this.

His favorites are Wisc, ND, and tOSU. Those are the three that have showed him the most love by the number of times they've visited his school this spring.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The 6-foot-6, 290-pound Diamond broke down his top five of Auburn, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio State and Wisconsin. He has taken at least one trip to each school

I think its safe to say this kid will stay in the Big 10.

With Baggett and Chaney on the staff Illi,Ind and Mich should be good recruiting grounds for UT for years. UT should get a fewfrom West with all the success Wilcox had bringing players from Ariz and Cali to Boise.

Came across the article, but I haven't heard anything else to confirm. Opening sentence says he committed.

My bad I mis-read the article. He was in Wisconsin for the 4th. That's what he was committed to.

Jeez, how many UT-Michigan recruiting battles are we going to see?

Not many more. Michigan is about to fill its recruiting class. Great job being done by Coach Hoke.

FWIW, I just happened to go to H.S. with Brady and his brother, Jondy (Jon). We also lived in the same neighborhood. I have to wish him the best of luck.

VN Store

Back