'12 IL OT Jordan Diamond

So he was here 4 days ago and is coming back tomorrow to see "everything"? Sounds like good news :good!:

So he was here 4 days ago and is coming back tomorrow to see "everything"? Sounds like good news :good!:

Was unable to make the trip last weekend. This will be his first visit. I don't know if he is a "silent" to Michigan, but they have a pretty large lead at this point.

Michigan fans think because they have a new coach they're instantly going to have the allure to recruits that they once had.

Don't kid yourself. A Michigan offer carries MUCH WEIGHT. Don't take this the wrong way because I'm a DIE HARD UT FAN!!!! But what makes a UT offer more attractive than Michigan? Just curious....

Simeon is a good program. Are we not recruiting a 5* basketball recruit from Simeon as well? I think in the 13' class. Be sweet to open that pipeline in football and basketball.

Don't kid yourself. A Michigan offer carries MUCH WEIGHT. Don't take this the wrong way because I'm a DIE HARD UT FAN!!!! But what makes a UT offer more attractive than Michigan? Just curious....

Being able to wear shorts and a t-shirt in September, October, and April.

Sec, more national tv, elite conference that pretty much guarantees the winner of sec championship is in the NC if team has less than 2 losses. Not saying mich isn't attractive because it has a lot to offer.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Being able to wear shorts and a t-shirt in September, October, and April.

2 things that crack me up. 1)folks who say UT isn't a top program, meaning top 10-15. 2) Tennessee fans un willing to speak the truth about where their program stands against other elite programs. I can't stand Michigan, but I'm not gonna lie and make Tennessee out to be superior to Michigan. Especially just because you can wear shorts more down here. IMO UT and Michigan are about on equal grounds.

Sec, more national tv, elite conference that pretty much guarantees the winner of sec championship is in the NC if team has less than 2 losses. Not saying mich isn't attractive because it has a lot to offer.

More national TV??? Uh, I'm not sure bout that. I live 15 minutes north of downtown Knoxville and have to PPV 4 games per year for UT. And if you leave the state of Tennessee your chances of catching a UT game is even worse. The S.E.C. T.V. Contract has helped some with that, but I have the big ten channel and don't even pay for it. I'm not trying to stroke Michigan and down UT, just trying to be non-biased. I'm straight UT HANDS DOWN! But if my child were to get a Michigan offer, I would mess all in my britches, LOL! And I would look Very deeply into it as well. Michigan is a FANTASTIC program. Perhaps not better, but every bit as good as Tennessee IMO.

More national TV??? Uh, I'm not sure bout that. I live 15 minutes north of downtown Knoxville and have to PPV 4 games per year for UT. And if you leave the state of Tennessee your chances of catching a UT game is even worse. The S.E.C. T.V. Contract has helped some with that, but I have the big ten channel and don't even pay for it. I'm not trying to stroke Michigan and down UT, just trying to be non-biased. I'm straight UT HANDS DOWN! But if my child were to get a Michigan offer, I would mess all in my britches, LOL! And I would look Very deeply into it as well. Michigan is a FANTASTIC program. Perhaps not better, but every bit as good as Tennessee IMO.

So, who is your child? what position? class?

ya, unfortunately, you're right on. UT has something to prove to live up the the billing VolNation claims.

Let's hope he doesn't go to see "everything" at auburn

bin-big.jpg

Last edited:
what makes a UT offer more attractive than Michigan? Just curious....

Playing in the SEC is the only thing someone could argue, but IMO there isn't really a difference. My point was that Michigan fans seem to think that they are instantly going to be back to where they want to be after the Rich Rod disaster.

I live in jacksonville, Florida and saw all but one on my hd tv without paying for it. So i know youre either full of crap or it's called a regional blackout. Doesn't really grab what the rest of the nation sees. As a Floridian I had a whopping ONE game for Michigan. It was the OSU vs UM game on abc. That's it. So yes. More national tv.

Last edited:
Agreed. I know I'm not being a homer by saying the Vol program is in better condition currently than the michigan one. I'm confused by the posts above. That guy can't be a Vol fan. 2 games last year were on pay per view. That's it.

Agreed. I know I'm not being a homer by saying the Vol program is in better condition currently than the michigan one. I'm confused by the posts above. That guy can't be a Vol fan. 2 games last year were on pay per view. That's it.

I saw all but one. I did not pay for it. The pay per view i watched on jeep jeeps feed from my ps3.

I saw all but one. I did not pay for it. The pay per view i watched on jeep jeeps feed from my ps3.

I was thinking that too, but I remember there were two the year before. So one. ONE game on PPV. So why do we need our own network? We're on friggin' ESPN!

I don't know what he is talking about--I live in PA. I am a poor college student, so I only have basic cable. I got the Oregon, Florida, LSU, Georgia, Bama, and Ole Miss games on TV. Then I was able to watch the Vandy, Kentucky, Memphis, and South Carolina games on ESPN3.

247 Sports

He has been selected to the 2012 Army Game, and is a top 10 offensive tackle in the country, and the best prospect in Illinois.

I think this is Jim Chaney's area for recruiting, will be interesting to see how this plays out, I doubt he stays in-state.

Not Hiestand?

Good points but 2 things to add

1. U Michigan and UT are about equal in overall history and program power ... except for the one time we played them the game was very far from equal

2001 Citrus Bowl Tennessee 45 Michigan 17

the game wasn't even as close as the sco
re

2. about the PPV issue....All UT games not on "national TV" are on ESPN 360. Invest in projector to hook up to you computer for 100" VOL action on your den wall

"It was a really good visit, very impressed with the campus and the facilities and things," Diamond said of his take on the Tennessee program. "It's a really nice environment. I got a chance to sit down one-on-one with coach (Harry) Heistand for a good talk in his office. We had time to look around campus, it was all good.

"A lot of places have really nice facilities, but Tennessee kinds of stand out, especially with the addition they're putting on the football complex. That was all really nice."
- VQ

Diamond said he doesnt have to be close to home, he likes how the staff has played alot of young guys. He doesnt know his OV's yet.

VN Store

Back