'12 GA WR Keithon Redding

Basically, a WR that is almost 6'3", runs a 4.5 flat 40, will easily get over 200lbs, has great physical attributes, and he has a great upside (very coachable). I'll take it.

Mine was disappointment, not disbelief
Posted via VolNation Mobile

At first, I was a little disappointed in both Blanc and Redding, because we were hoping for other names. But after I watched some vids and read a bit and thought about it, I'm good with both those guys.

At first, I was a little disappointed in both Blanc and Redding, because we were hoping for other names. But after I watched some vids and read a bit and thought about it, I'm good with both those guys.

No I meant that Drae might end up at DB. I am disappoint

No I meant that Drae might end up at DB. I am disappoint

I am all for putting a kid where he will help this team win. All I want to see is our coaching staff be honest with them and tell them they will play DB, or WR, or whatever up front. I feel that will cause alot less problems and kids wanting to transfer when they are being moved from where they thought they would be playing.

Croom did apparently say that it would be a breaking point, but maybe our staff sold him on the way we like to use our TEs. They have always been very important to the offense. Could you imagine Croom and Clear lining up in 2 TE sets? Sick.

I sure can't. No seriously I can't, because I've never seen either take a live snap :biggrin:

4.86 really? Wow.

Hard to believe 4.86. Check the link and tell me it's wrong. Scout shows his 40 as 4.5. And I read that he clocked a 4.5 on grass, which is fast for a guy that size. So who knows? Our coaches.

Last edited:
He is a very raw wide receiver that still has a lot to work on and a lot of room for improvement.

He really attacks the ball well, he is a physical player, and he is someone that does not mind blocking for his teammates.

He needs to work on the little things - sticking his routes, getting off the line quicker, and learning to use his big frame to his advantage against tight coverage.

He is not going to be a real vertical threat, but he can be someone who goes across the middle, someone who can line up inside or outside in different sets, and someone who can make catches in traffic.

Overall, this is a solid get for UT. Is he a no. 1 type of wide receiver, no, but he is someone who will contribute. He loves to compete, he is a hard worker, and he will improve once he gets on campus as he looks to become a better all around wideout. I like his size, he will get over 200 pounds quickly, and he will be a physical kid in the SEC.

- Simmons

VN Store

Back