'12 GA RB Quenshaun Watson - (UT signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres alot more dynamic RB in GA for 2012 than Watson. Im thinking this is an alma mater thing here.

So you think that we're giving him his first SEC offer to help elevate his profile as a favor to the HS coaches? Doesn't seem like such a bad idea. A lot of talent comes through that school.

Watson is a really good player. I have not seen him play, but my brother has coached against him in Region 8AAAA. Lots of speed.

So if Waller has good test scores will we offer?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Article on govols24/7.....

They have him listed at 5'10 175 & running a 10.58 100M, his only other offer is from Indiana. He wants to OV to Tennessee after the season. He also said if the coaches would allow he would like to run track in college too. Also said Dooley is recruiting him as a pure RB.

Kid seems like a true speed guy. I wish we would check out Daniel Taylor from Lutcher HS. Frank Wilson at LSU apparently loves this kid and he is a burner.

Tn. is the only school that has offered so far. He isn't rated at all by Rivals. I hope this isn't a sign that Dooley feels he doesn't have much of a chance with some of the other elite talent.

"Right now it's Indiana and Tennessee," The 5-9, 180 pound Watson said. "It was big to get the offer from Tennessee this week. I wasn't looking forward to getting the offer because I wasn't trying to worry about it. It means a lot to me."

Watson's newest offer didn't catch him off guard. He was in Knoxville a few weeks ago and felt really comfortable with the Tennessee staff.

"I talk with coach Joseph," Watson said. "I was up for an un-official visit a few weeks ago. I talked to all the coaches. They were really happy to have me up there. They say that I'm a game changer and they like how I use my ability."

With the Vols pushing fast, do they lead for Watson?

"I really don't know who the leader is," Watson said. "I've not been to Indiana. I guess you could say that Tennessee is the leader, because I've been up there for a game and I like the program. I'm going to come back up for an official visit after the season. It reminds me a lot of Athens."

-vq

I wish there was some 2011 highlights of this kid. I would like to see his ability.

Last edited:
This seems to be a bit of a head scratcher. Of course alot of people were scratching their heads about Devrin and he was obviously a good choice.
We also didn't understand Sapp or Carson either and both of those guys have given us some minutes this year, so I'll trust them, but it is odd that his only offer (maybe Indiana-whoo-hoo) at this late stage is from us.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhpMYb7gYMg[/youtube]

With "boom goes the dynamite" style commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back