'12 GA RB Mike Davis (USCe commit)

I agree that this isn't over w/ Davis...I am by no means saying that we get him either. Something just isn't adding up w/ him...his recruitment has been very fishy. He wants to be the go-to RB, but yet he's going to USCe where they have Lattimore, Wilds, and Miles (who I believe has decided not to transfer). Why go there? I think he had to commit somewhere so that he could make some noise when he flips on NSD...he likes the drama and attention. I have no idea where he ends up...just pondering his recruitment.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
He is suppose to visit Clemson on Thursday. At least that is what is being said on the Clemson scout site. Dabo just texted James and said he didn't want Mike to visit.

James Davis - "He sent me a text saying he did not want my brother to come on a visit for ect reasons. Thats **** when we need a running back at Clemson."

Mike just said the Clemson visit is off on twitter.

That leaves the weekend open if he wants to visit here. Not saying he will , but there is some serious drama going on here. Who knows where he will end up.

This is a reason to get angry at the school you played for on twitter. Even if Mike is playing a bunch of games. It's not like he is upset because some of his friends didn't get enough playing time. :glare:

Twitter

Would love for UT to get a visit from Mike Davis this last recruiting weekend. Would be huge. Anything can happen when you get a recruit on campus. Especially if it is this close to National Signing Day.

He is suppose to visit Clemson on Thursday. At least that is what is being said on the Clemson scout site. Dabo just texted James and said he didn't want Mike to visit.

James Davis - "He sent me a text saying he did not want my brother to come on a visit for ect reasons. Thats **** when we need a running back at Clemson."

Mike just said the Clemson visit is off on twitter.

That leaves the weekend open if he wants to visit here. Not saying he will , but there is some serious drama going on here. Who knows where he will end up.

Perhaps Dabo Swinney knows he's wasting his time trying to recruit someone that's never going to end up at Clemson. Or perhaps Swinney's calling MD's bluff i.e. don't bother visiting unless you're, at a minimum, open to listening to what we have to offer. Otherwise, go pound sand on someone else's dime.

Just a guess.

Perhaps Dabo Swinney knows he's wasting his time trying to recruit someone that's never going to end up at Clemson. Or perhaps Swinney's calling MD's bluff i.e. don't bother visiting unless you're, at a minimum, open to listening to what we have to offer. Otherwise, go pound sand on someone else's dime.

Just a guess.

That is exactly why he did it. But to text his brother who played for Clemson and tell him not to come? If we did this with Eric Berry , Dooley would have to wear a bullet proof vest. I just don't think you do this to a former players brother.

This is a reason to get angry at the school you played for on twitter. Even if Mike is playing a bunch of games. It's not like he is upset because some of his friends didn't get enough playing time. :glare:

Twitter

I realize you're referring to the EB tweets of a couple weeks ago, but I just don't get why James Davis is upset. If JD thinks Clemson had a chance in hell of getting MD, he's fooling himself, and that's his own damn fault. Why he assumes that it's Clemson that doesn't want MD (rather than the other way around) is beyond me.

MD's been quite pissy lately, complaining about members of his "family" not having his "best interest" at heart. For example: JD says something about UT coaches having just visited their house, and MD gets pissy about JD saying that. JD starts talking Clemson, and MD starts waxing poetic about members of his family not getting the message.

Maybe Dabo just wanted out of the family saga.

I realize you're referring to the EB tweets of a couple weeks ago, but I just don't get why James Davis is upset. If JD thinks Clemson had a chance in hell of getting MD, he's fooling himself, and that's his own damn fault. Why he assumes that it's Clemson that doesn't want MD (rather than the other way around) is beyond me.

MD's been quite pissy lately, complaining about members of his "family" not having his "best interest" at heart. For example: JD says something about UT coaches having just visited their house, and MD gets pissy about JD saying that. JD starts talking Clemson, and MD starts waxing poetic about members of his family not getting the message.

Maybe Dabo just wanted out of the family saga.

I am realy joking about Berry's comments. I just thought they really weren't worth putting out there. He knew that neither player deserved playing time and saying Fleming got suspended for dreds wasn't even the truth.

I just can't see telling a former star player that he and his brother aren't welcome to visit. I agree Davis is acting as bad as Bryce Brown did when it comes to drama , but I think James feels disrespected. Who knows what Mike is going to do in the end , but Dabo didn't even call him to tell him not to come. He texted James. I think that pissed him off more than anything.

VN Store

Back