'12 GA LB Khalid Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been here long enough to know the inevitable repsonses that are going to occur about Henderson's offer list and Rivals rating...

Those of you who feel inclined to say those things need to watch this video:

YouTube - ‪Khalid Henderson (Recruiting Video)‬‏

Big, athletic, versatile...can rush the QB, cover, and play the run game sideline to sideline...

I implore anyone who wants to focus on his rating and offer list to watch this video and form their own opinion...I've got a feeling the offer list thing won't be an issue for long

You can downplay the offer list all you want, but what it is what it is.

I know he had a solid camp but it's also well known that there wasn't a whole lot of talent that showed up this year either at camp.

Hopefully he's another big-time diamond in the rough for Tennessee, but the lack of interest from the rest of the conference and South has to make you wonder if they are continuing to bring in the same level of talent at LB that is currently on campus.

His offer list will pick up once he starts camping more. Assuming he does go to some more.

I would love it to blow up but hopefully not be a Michael Taylor? The LB that we offered that had no offers, then switched to Florida I think. :ermm:

This guy either has one of the best high school defensive coordinators or he is one of the smartest linebackers I have seen. Great instincts.

I do not know if his size is comparable but he reminds me of that Alabama LB that broke TRob's leg.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I don't care if it was Jed Clampett, we need some recruits to commit in the wake of our NCAA investigations. We have to show that we can continue to move forward and that we are a force to be reckoned with.

I would love it to blow up but hopefully not be a Michael Taylor? The LB that we offered that had no offers, then switched to Florida I think. :ermm:

This is factually not true at all. Michael Taylor had a bunch of BCS offers when he committed to Tennessee. He just didn't have a Florida offer. Go back and read the articles on him when he committed to Tennessee.

Here is his commitment article to Tennessee from Rivals on 8/8/2009:

"The 6-1, 205 pound three star linebacker has offers from all over the country including Stanford, LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia and Georgia Tech. Minnis and Taylor have spent most of the summer looking for the right school and Minnis feels his standout has found that in Tennessee."

Last edited:
I agree. Uconn is turrible...when was the last time they went to a BCS game? Are coaches need to get a clue...

LOLLL You can't be serious.

UCONN offer? Dude they play in the Big East. Do you realize the difference in the level of talent you need to compete in that conference compared to the SEC?

They made a BCS bowl with 4 losses because they won a conference that was beyond pathetic last year.

Im no expert, actually far from it, the kid does have good tape.
Only time will tell if he blows up and becomes a standout.

This is factually not true at all. Michael Taylor had a bunch of BCS offers when he committed to Tennessee. He just didn't have a Florida offer. Go back and read the articles on him when he committed to Tennessee.

Here is his commitment article to Tennessee from Rivals on 8/8/2009:

"The 6-1, 205 pound three star linebacker has offers from all over the country including Stanford, LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia and Georgia Tech. Minnis and Taylor have spent most of the summer looking for the right school and Minnis feels his standout has found that in Tennessee."

Wow Montrell, excellent work. I had forgot about that. Keep up the good work!

The staff evaluated the kid in person. Thoroughly.

Have they given any of you a single reason to doubt their ability to spot talent??

Instincts are top notch, I'll give hime that. Lots of arm tackling and helmet hugging in his tape, though. He looks big and athletic against that competition, but he will have about average at best size and athleticism at the next level. From what was shown, he's a horrible form tackler...great instincts. Thats what I saw. This is the kind of kid Sirmon REALLY earns his paycheck on...got to coach him up.

Thanks. I actually just found that list. I haven't heard of really any of the guys that attended that camp/combine. I'm sure a few of them are D-1 prospects though.

It looks like Henderson was the LB MVP at the Combine, not the overall MVP. Some kid named John Silas won that.

Instincts are top notch, I'll give hime that. Lots of arm tackling and helmet hugging in his tape, though. He looks big and athletic against that competition, but he will have about average at best size and athleticism at the next level. From what was shown, he's a horrible form tackler...great instincts. Thats what I saw. This is the kind of kid Sirmon REALLY earns his paycheck on...got to coach him up.

often just signs of weak coaching as a kid and in HS. Very few coaches at those levels demand greatness of their stars. It's a shame. Coaches used to hammer their studs just like everyone else. Now they have to pander because a kid will take his wares elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back