'12 GA CB Geno Smith

I was just chattin up a UGA guy this weekend and he was like Swann's a dawg.

:lol:

wow @ Bama's secondary :no: disgusting
one of my Grady peeps says that if he doesn't head to Bama it would be a SHOCK. Even on a radio show in atlanta he said that he loves everything about Bama and they are tops. UGA fans are going to be shocked how many of their kids are leaving the state this year.

- VQ Article

Was here for the game.

"I see a great opportunity to come in and play early. Alabama, not really, but I see a great opportunity at Tennessee," Smith said of the potential for early playing time. "I know Bama has a couple of cornerbacks that are freshmen, but I see a great opportunity at Tennessee."

No kidding! After watching Art Evans get burned by Julio, he can see himself starting right away. :rock:

"I see a great opportunity to come in and play early. Alabama, not really, but I see a great opportunity at Tennessee," Smith said of the potential for early playing time. "I know Bama has a couple of cornerbacks that are freshmen, but I see a great opportunity at Tennessee."

No kidding! After watching Art Evans get burned by Julio, he can see himself starting right away. :rock:

Terrific.

Scout’s Take: It is hard to find better cover corners than Smith. He is long, he has a smooth back pedal, he breaks on the ball well, and he has shown the ability to make good tackles in space. He still can add some weight and work on his jams at the line of scrimmage, but he will be one of the best in the South in 2012. Overall, he is projected to be a guy on the next level that can really own one side of the field.

Recruiting: Auburn was first to offer Smith and they have been at or near the top since. Georgia is right there with Auburn early and it looks like it could come down to those two in the end. Florida, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, and others have also offered
- Scout

Even though they don't mention it Tennessee has offered & Smith has been here for a game.

"The schools showing the most attention are Florida, LSU, Auburn, Georgia and Alabama. LSU and Alabama have not offered I just get a lot of mail and talk often."

Smith had 44 tackles, eight interceptions and 14 pass breaks ups this season and ended the regular season 10-2.
- Scout

Picked up a offer from Clemson.

"I like Clemson. I like their defense, I like their team speed, and I feel like I could fit in up there. I have never been up there before, so I want to get up there to give them a look, but I know I have interest in them."
- Scout

Also, Smith has been invited to play in the UA All-American Game & The U.S. Army-All American Game for 2012

Picked up an offer from Clemson

“I don’t know much, really. I know last year, they played in the ACC Championship against Georgia Tech. That’s it, really. I’m not really familiar with them,” Smith said.

“I plan on breaking it down pretty soon, to a top five or a top seven, maybe,” he said.

Several areas will be kept in mind as he looks to whittle down a list.

“Relationship with the coaches, facilities, tradition and academics,” Smith said.
- Scout

He goes around his high school singing Rocky Top so I know UT will easily be in that Top 5
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Who told you that? Just curious
He did he said it was his song and he goes around singing it around school. I'm gonna do some coverage on him next year film his games and stuff for my 1 Dream page on Facebook

He did he said it was his song and he goes around singing it around school. I'm gonna do some coverage on him next year film his games and stuff for my 1 Dream page on Facebook

He could be the Patrick Peterson of this program. We haven't had a dominant CB in years.

He could be the Patrick Peterson of this program. We haven't had a dominant CB in years.
We need him he'll start from day one he should be around 185 by the time he gets to college his weight is the only thing that concerns me right now there's some very physical big receivers in the SEC and if he's at 185-190 that would be great

Their school is right around the corner from my office. The parents and coaches have told me that his top three are AU, UT, and UGA right now. This kid is a stud, will be great in the next level. I think this turns into a AU and UT battle.

Quote from Geno on Thursday from TSS. "We came up short Tennessee but its all good" and "Go Vols I'm singing Rocky Top all night long baby!! Lets goo!!

VN Store

Back