12 FL QB Tyler Cameron

those are designed roll outs...he isn't taking off running...he's moving the pocket

Think your right on that. His oline didnt look very sound and they had to get him on the run to protect him and buy time for his receivers.

yeah apparantly his team isn't very good which is why teams are wanting to see him in person before offering but he is tearing it up on the camp circuit.

gotta hope he loves us as much as he says and commits soon because it looks like he's about to take off.

His Jr stats kinda worry me.

He only played 7 or 8 games due to injury

Rushing
88 for 461 yards (5.2 per) and 5 TDs

Passing
87/185 for 1145 yards (47% comp) for 4 TDs and 7 Ints.

It looks like his Junior year was a little rough, but who knows who he is throwing to on that team. If the coaches like him more than the others and feel that he will have a hcance here then I am fine with it. They have made it clear that they want another QB. If not Cameron, we still have Morninghweg saying he wants to come in at some point this summer.

may camp at UF this weekend from the talk on GC. No sure if UF is recruiting him but he could get an offer with a good showing...only name I keep hearing for this class is Austin Appleby.

Last edited:
Just watched this guys film and he honestly reminds me of Tim Tebow. He is obviously not developed but he has a ton of potential.

3* 76 on ESPN. #60 overall. Eval:

Cameron is a left-handed pocket passer that is utilized in this scheme as a dual-threat although we would classify him as being a passer that is an adequate-to-good athlete and not a guy that could move to another position. He has very good size and some bulk, but still has somewhat of a late-bloomers frame with plenty of room to add size. He is a competent overall passer and for a left-handed prospect his release is pretty compact and smooth. The ball can get away from him at time and show a longer, ¾ delivery, but he has a smooth stroke. In our opinion he has good, not great arm strength and is at his best as a rhythm and timing passer throwing off his plant foot and getting the ball out. This scheme features making a lot of plays on the move: nakeds, bootlegs, play action and designed roll-outs. He is very effective in this area. Throws a catchable ball, leads receivers well, shows zip and confidence outside of the pocket. He has good feet and set up in the pocket. Feels the rush, subtly moves around and will buy time. He is a threat to take off and run, but he is more elusive and strong as a runner than he is smooth, fluid and sudden. What we like about Cameron is that he shows he can make a variety of throws with accuracy. He is not going to be a powerful deep ball passer and the further downfield he goes with the ball, the more the ball floats some and he loses power. He is fairly sharp fundamentally, but is still developing and can improve throwing with his feet set and driving the ball. Cameron missed some games as a junior and is a guy to track as a senior. Solid prospect.

"Coach (Darin) Hinshaw and I have been talking quiet a bit since they offered," Cameron said. "I was excited to get the offer and was really impressed with Tennessee."

"How I feel about the situation at quarterback is something that will be a part of the decision and how I feel about the coaches will be another key part of deciding on a school," Cameron offered.

"Tennessee is certainly right there at the top," Cameron said. "I am open to everyone at this point. Tennessee is an unbelievable school. I was really impressed with the school, the facilities and they have great quality coaches. Tennessee is an impressive place."

-VQ

The 6-3, 210-pound Cameron didn't arrive until the afternoon, but he was noticeable from the get-go.

In the evening session the Southpaw threw good ball after good ball, consistency leading his receiver and hitting him in stride.

Cameron has got good arm strength and seemed to see the field well in seven-on-seven work.
-Rivals, from the UNC Camp

He sounds ike he has really been working to improve his technique. Rave reviews from UNC camp is not too shabby.

VN Store

Back