'12 AL ATH Beniquez Brown

"I am taking a visit to Auburn this weekend," he said. "I haven't visited Auburn yet this year, so I am looking forward to the trip. Auburn has a slight lead, but Alabama really made a big impression on me. It's still wide open."

He won't leave the state.

You're calling the state Alabubba for what reason again? We produce talent plain and simple. Not going to start that debate again but respect the state not the program. Hahahahaha

~No Chaser~
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Why should we respect the state?:):):)

Because we produce better HS talent than the state of Tennessee. Hahahaha when we were real good the Vols used to come down to Alabama and cherry pick the best talent.

~No Chaser~

Sooo your proud to be from Alabama?:)

I'm proud of our HS football.

~No Chaser~

I had to give you a hard time. In all seriousness, we have pulled good players from Alabama. I believe Tee Martin and Jason Swaine are from Alabama if I remember correctly.

Yeah I like to give the state a hard time, but I don't question the football they play down there. It's a unique culture, and unquestionably the toughest state to pull good talent from. I don't recall us ever "cherry pickin" there. Even in our best years we couldn't pull more than a couple of studs, and even that was rare. It's frustrating to have so little success in a state that close and that deep with talent. And I don't see it changing any time soon.

I had to give you a hard time. In all seriousness, we have pulled good players from Alabama. I believe Tee Martin and Jason Swaine are from Alabama if I remember correctly.

Aaron Sears, Jason Allen, Joey Kent, Wes Brown, there have been many more. Those were a few I know off the top of my head. We cherry picked when Bama was down you can believe that. The year I graduated Jayson Swain and Chad Jackson were both coming out we got one and Florida got the other. And we pulled Aaron Sears the same exact year. We were on top and bama was sucking rocks then. Bama fans hated when players left the state and played good for other programs. I used to really rub it in.

~No Chaser~

Aaron Sears, Jason Allen, Joey Kent, Wes Brown, there have been many more. Those were a few I know off the top of my head. We cherry picked when Bama was down you can believe that. The year I graduated Jayson Swain and Chad Jackson were both coming out we got one and Florida got the other. And we pulled Aaron Sears the same exact year. We were on top and bama was sucking rocks then. Bama fans hated when players left the state and played good for other programs. I used to really rub it in.

~No Chaser~

Guess it depends on your definition of "cherry picked". Yeah we had some success for a few years, but it was never like what we routinely do in Georgia, even today. We would get one, maybe two good players from Alabama in our best years. And since our decline, it's dropped to zero. Who was the last big time player we pulled? Wes Brown in '05? And he was a 3-star I think, not a huge battle. Better question...who was the last big time player we signed from Alabama that both UA and AU wanted?

Guess it depends on your definition of "cherry picked". Yeah we had some success for a few years, but it was never like what we routinely do in Georgia, even today. We would get one, maybe two good players from Alabama in our best years. And since our decline, it's dropped to zero. Who was the last big time player we pulled? Wes Brown in '05? And he was a 3-star I think, not a huge battle. Better question...who was the last big time player we signed from Alabama that both UA and AU wanted?

Believe me I know. Saban realized quickly that if he kept all the talent here at his school that he'd win a National Championship. His arguably two best players were from Bama(Julio and McClain). Then you have Marcuel Dareus and Mark Barron. His whole secondary from this year is from the state. Auburn is starting to do the same thing. They just have the problem of having Trooper Taylor on staff. He'll have them on probation with his "Cherry Picking" ways of talent.

~No Chaser~

"Alabama and Auburn are recruiting me the hardest," said Brown. "At first Auburn was in the lead. They were the first to offer, and I grew up a fan. Alabama started recruiting me hard. I am calling them a lot. I would say Alabama has a slight lead over Auburn.

"At first I planned to make an early decision," he said. "I recently said I am going to wait it out. That is what I plan to do right now. Everything is kind of open right now. One week it's Alabama, the next it's Auburn, and then it's Tennessee. I am going to consider all of my options.
- Scout

Miss State has offered, he will be at UGA April 2nd, Miss State April 9th, Auburn 12th, & Alabama April 16th.

Alabama, Auburn, UGA, Vols. In that order.

I think the longer he waits the less likely he ends up at UA. We are filling up quickly and several spots will be left open for bigger names on our board.

I would not be surprised if CDD gets him.

"Brown said he still wants to play running back or safety in college."

"will visit Miss State and Bama in the next two weeks."

per Clmckee86

I think the longer he waits the less likely he ends up at UA. We are filling up quickly and several spots will be left open for bigger names on our board.

I would not be surprised if CDD gets him.

I sure hope so. I would take this guy over Mathers any day.

Tennessee stopped in to see him today, he said Florida wants him at LB. Has a top 3 of Alabama, UGA, & Miss State

VN Store

Back