'11 FL DT Jordan Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds pretty good for us
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I know I'm biased but it's hard to read that article and not think we're in the drivers seat...

I worried about his trip to Oregon...I thought they might blow him away with their campus, facilities and just how awesome they are right now...

If he wasn't blown away enough to call them his leader after that game then I think it's safe to say the distance might have been an issue for him...

I really think we'll get a commitment from him by the Bama game...along with Dallas and Tino Thomas

It was really shocking how he made Oregon sound at best average. I think you're right, thunder, the distance has to be a big factor

Again, I ask the question: Is he a take? Being that our remaining spots are limited.

I'd say so, considering how bad we need bodies on the DL

That definitely makes sense and that is what ultimately I was thinking, but isn't he projected to play defensive end? I like the fact that he is a D-Line prospect, but at some point you'd like to think we are going to land a couple more defensive tackles to accompany Allen Carson. I'm guessing that our hope is resting in Antonio Richardson and Cameron Clear. Possibly Mickey "I need to bring my grades up" Johnson as well. I'm not terribly excited about signing another sign and place Juco guy though. We need immediate help. Chances are that Mickey wouldn't make it through the clearing house.

That definitely makes sense and that is what ultimately I was thinking, but isn't he projected to play defensive end? I like the fact that he is a D-Line prospect, but at some point you'd like to think we are going to land a couple more defensive tackles to accompany Allen Carson. I'm guessing that our hope is resting in Antonio Richardson and Cameron Clear. Possibly Mickey "I need to bring my grades up" Johnson as well. I'm not terribly excited about signing another sign and place Juco guy though. We need immediate help. Chances are that Mickey wouldn't make it through the clearing house.

Williams will be a strongside DE for us...he'll likely top out at about 255-265...Hubbs thinks he's definitely a take because he's not convinced we'll hold on to Parker...

We are in very good with Wright and Johnson...it's a reall possibility that we pull both...those two along with Carson and Saulsberry would be a fantastic haul at DT...Mickey defintely needs to get his grades up though...

Richardson is being recruited for the OL and Clear will be given a shot at TE but in all likelihood will end up on the OL...all major recruiting services project him as an OL...

There is a chance those two get here and out of neccesity are moved to another position (like DT)...but they are definitely not being recruited as DT's

Again, I ask the question: Is he a take? Being that our remaining spots are limited.

id say yes.... we could use another DE, and this kid will grow into a fairly good sized one (hope he is able to keep his athletic ability when he adds weight, cause his frame could seriously get up to 270-275)...Hubbs also said that, though Parker says he is solid, you have to worry about a kid 5 time zones away

There's an article just posted on TOS about him...sounds very positive for us...

In a nutshell:

His trip to Oregon was "alright"...

His two biggest concerns are his position coach and his strength coach...

He already loves Smith and "respects" Wylie and all that he's hearing about Wylie...

He is going to visit USF probably this week because it's close....

He's down to UT and Oregon and he wants to visit UT for the Bama game...

He wants to make his decision within this month

Thanks for the info. CCS and Wylie may prove to be some of the best in the business in the next few years. I guess we'll see later this month if those relationships will pay off.

In addition to saying that position coach and strength coach were his most important factors, he said Tennessee leads as far as those positions go.

"My two most important things in school are my position coach and strength coach, and right now Tennessee is leading that," Williams said. "I love coach Smith, I love his philosophy, I love the way he coaches and I respect the strength coach. He's a great strength coach. Everybody is talking about him and I'd love to work with both of them."

"I enjoyed the city, I enjoyed coach Dooley, just the whole coaching staff showed me a lot of love when I went up there for camp and I'm still feeling it now. I'm in constant contact (with them). I love the facilities, everything about it, it was a great trip," Williams said.

"I'm taking a visit to USF this weekend because it's so close and I can get one quick evaluation before I make my decision," Williams offered.
- VQ Article

Also, said his visit to Oregon was "alright", will be making a decision within the next few weeks & he will be here for the Alabama game. By the way the article reads its a matter of time before he commits.

Had an opportunity to see Jordan this summer at a pair of camps. I like him as a defensive end. He has a nice frame, good strength at this point, and a decent first step. Very good head on his shoulders and according to some around him, a real solid work ethic. I haven't kept up with his recruitment but when we spoke this summer he was interested in playing college ball with Saulsberry.
- Chris Nee - Rivals.com State of Florida Recruiting Analyst

How awesome would it be for Saulsberry and Williams to explode in the college scene being that they both were overlooked by the Gators. It's always nice to pluck needed talent out of our rivals' back yard.

How awesome would it be for Saulsberry and Williams to explode in the college scene being that they both were overlooked by the Gators. It's always nice to pluck needed talent out of our rivals' back yard.

Wouldn't really classify it as plucking if the rivals don't offer. Otherwise I would be happy to sign both of them. You can never have enough depth on the OL and DL.

Wouldn't really classify it as plucking if the rivals don't offer. Otherwise I would be happy to sign both of them. You can never have enough depth on the OL and DL.

Might not be stealing them from the Gators, but hopefully they'll make UF wish they'd paid them more attention (think Cobb)

I was worried about his Oregon trip, but after that read I am a little bit more convinced we got a good staple of assistant coaches to lead us in the right direction.

i don't know how overlooked they were didn't florida sign the top dl class in the nation last year? they are probably being real picky with who they are taking on the dl this recruiting class

gat good first post.

UF needs to recruit next year some guys who will have a year of learning under their belt when the juniors UF recruited this last year end up being 3 DL in the top 25 picks in the NFL draft.

Florida got 4 5stars and 3 4stars on the DL last year.

They already have Pagan committed in this class who is the #2 WDE in the country.

Hubbs mentioned in the WR that Williams will be making a decision this week & he thinks he is all Vol.

What's this guy's current weight? 245 is very light for a DT...unless they are looking at him as a DE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back