'11 FL DT Jordan Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Rivals list this kid as a DT?

If anyone has the frame to move up to DT it's Saulsberry not Williams...at this point Williams would have to put on 40-50+lbs to make that move...

I have to say...Rivals is really disappointing this year...I hope they step it up cause they're usually the only recruiting agency I pay attention to

Rivals is way behind the 8-ball since Newberg resigned/left. They have nobody covering Florida and they are way behind evaluating that state.

Looking at his offer list / position projection he'll probably end up rated around a 3* 5.6 when all is said and done.

Copeland went from around 240 to around 290 in no time last year and he was barely 6 foot, if that. When they figure out what position they will be asked to play in college they can adjust their workout to gain the right weight. Especially if they have the right frame like Williams.

That is awesome news!! We could use about 4 more DT's. We are going to need them. :rock:

rivals is sucking right now. They lost Jamie. It is really hard to label recruits this late in the game. I think UT has a g00d class this year so far. We will probably finish lower in the final standings, but I feel like we will get a bunch of OL/DL/TE types that tend to be lower on the ranking scale. GO VOLS!

I noticed that Rivals now lists Williams as a SDE and Saulsberry as a DT...that's definitely more accurate IMO...

It would appear Rivals got the 2 mixed up the first go around

Do we still feel good about landing Williams?

Almost committed earlier this month, but we are close to a lock here. He'll be in Bama weekend for an OV. Hopefully get a commitment then.

Seems as though he is liking Louisville also. Has visited the Cardinals and is going to next month as well.

"I almost committed with him ( Saulsberry ), but I decided to take my time," defensive end Jordan Williams said.

"Definitely the coaching staff, especially coach Smith. He's a great guy, good coach, just from talking to him got, to see how he coached at the camp. I like his philosophy and his mindset. I think he's going to have a great thing going this year," Williams added.

"More like a hybrid position, more like a d-end, slash, outside linebacker," Williams said of where he sees himself playing in college.

From VQ Article

In that same article he talks about how when he came up here he had no idea what Coach Dooley looked liked, while he was doings some drills he see's Dooley getting all hyped up in the middle of the drills & starts saying " lets go, lets go, let's go ". He said Dooley came up & talked to him & told him the staff knew who he was & Jordan thought "Alright?". Later CDD called Jordan over & told him who he was & Jordan said " Oh Snap "! He said that he went to camps at Arkansas, Georgia, & LSU & the whole time the Head Coach would sit up in a little skybox watching drills & not really into the the camp or anything.

In that same article he talks about how when he came up here he had no idea what Coach Dooley looked liked, while he was doings some drills he see's Dooley getting all hyped up in the middle of the drills & starts saying " lets go, lets go, let's go ". He said Dooley came up & talked to him & told him the staff knew who he was & Jordan thought "Alright?". Later CDD called Jordan over & told him who he was & Jordan said " Oh Snap "! He said that he went to camps at Arkansas, Georgia, & LSU & the whole time the Head Coach would sit up in a little skybox watching drills & not really into the the camp or anything.

Interesting.

When I went to Georgia's Camp years ago Mark Richt was actually into our WR vs DB drills. He coached me up quite a bit too. Was a pretty cool guy.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

"I almost committed with him ( Saulsberry ), but I decided to take my time," defensive end Jordan Williams said.

"Definitely the coaching staff, especially coach Smith. He's a great guy, good coach, just from talking to him got, to see how he coached at the camp. I like his philosophy and his mindset. I think he's going to have a great thing going this year," Williams added.

"More like a hybrid position, more like a d-end, slash, outside linebacker," Williams said of where he sees himself playing in college.

From VQ Article

Sounds like he and CCS are a perfect match as Smith wants guys who are hybrids. I can't see us losing this kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back