10 year show cause/NCAA, Tyndall discussion (merged)

Giving out free degrees is pretty bad, too. UNC having their hearts ripped out in the championship game last week should be just a taste of what they deserve.

I think you will find more schools than you think have " interesting" classes

Not excusing unc but pay for play should be no tolerance IMO

I disagree . Paying for players is much worse IMO

Needs a lifetime ban IMO

Paying for players? He did a lot of dumb stuff..

Playing for players happens a lot of places.

Guess I should correct that and state my biggest quarrel here is with the ncaa. Should Tyndall be punished for his extremely dumb actions? Yes.
For 10 years??? No.

But shouldn't other high profile institutions be punished for extremely dumb actions? I think so.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I shouldn't had laughed at this....

@volstim85:Tyler Summitt will have a kid in 5th grade by the time Donnie Tyndall can coach again.

Reactions: 8 people
Did it to himself DB. Nice tweet to him though

Wait, I thought we were about to head how light Tyndall was going to get off, surely Bruin & SeniorDrill will be around to explain what happened?

The NCAA has hit Donnie Tyndall with a 10-year show-cause penalty for his role in the Southern Miss case, a source told @CBSSports.

What a joke. Yet Syracuse just rolls on as if nothing happened. Who even cares what goes on at Southern Miss. I agree the NCAA is worthless.

Reactions: 4 people
Wait, I thought we were about to head how light Tyndall was going to get off, surely Bruin & SeniorDrill will be around to explain what happened?

I know as of last week he thought he was getting off lightly

Certainly he was wrong. Also to add insult to injury ties have been severed at twc now. He apparently pissed them off their as well

I don't recall Bruin saying he'd get off, just that he heard Tyndall was feeling good about his chances.

Not fair to put him in the same category as SD/Buzz. He's never worshipped Tyndall like that guy did.

Reactions: 2 people
With all jokes aside, I'm not a huge Tyndall fan now, but this punishment is a little much. 3 years would have even been too much imo. Someone had to get the hammer by the big bad NCAA though with all of these blue bloods getting in trouble.

Pearl got three years for a hot dog and barbecue.....CDT had to have thrown in potato salad and baked beans.

Reactions: 8 people
I don't recall Bruin saying he'd get off, just that he heard Tyndall was feeling good about his chances.

Not fair to put him in the same category as SD/Buzz. He's never worshipped Tyndall like that guy did.

I really really like Tyndall on the court

I really really hate Tyndall off the court

Glad he isn't our coach Because you can't have one without the other which is sad

The man doesn't deserve to coach at the d1 level ever again IMO

I know as of last week he thought he was getting off lightly

Certainly he was wrong. Also to add insult to injury ties have been severed at twc now. He apparently pissed them off their as well

And as of a week before his firing at Tennessee he thought he was perfectly safe, obviously the guy is not too bright, as only evidenced by the second part of your post.

Tyndall may wanna keep that relationship with Basilio so he can keep appearing on TB's weekly tv show, gonna need all the help he can get.

Not only did he receive a show cause, but also a 10 year suspension, so where as other show cause coaches have been employed on occasion NCAA made sure that couldn't happen with Tyndall, unprecedented move.

I really really like Tyndall on the court

I really really hate Tyndall off the court

Glad he isn't our coach Because you can't have one without the other which is sad

The man doesn't deserve to coach at the d1 level ever again IMO

He won't.

He posted a few times that Tyndall was likely to get off light and that he was hearing he was headed to Memphis to coach with Pastner...maybe he meant GT?

NCAA says Donnie Tyndall directed 1 assistant coach & 2 GAs to complete online coursework for 7 recruits over 2 years.

He posted a few times that Tyndall was likely to get off light and that he was hearing he was headed to Memphis to coach with Pastner...maybe he meant GT?

Yes I did and that was coming from CDT

I didn't talk directly with him but a friend of mine talks with him regularly

Last edited:

VN Store

Back