'10 GA DB Alec Ogletree

If we took a commitment (which if he told the staff he wanted to, I don't think they would second guess) that would probably mean we aren't getting a good vibe from Elam I would guess.

this would be a big deal. I looked over at the main board and didn't find anything.... can you post a link..

I hope so. I'd rather him go to another school besides UGA. His brother is very important in his recruiting.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Are we really going after this guy? Are the coaches visiting him? Or is this all just rumors?
I think he would be a great addition for UT b/c he looks like he could play safety or LB. We need both. Plus it's always good to steal one from the dawgs.

Good to hear. Thanks, B. It's gonna be really interesting to see how our class shapes out. We're in on so many top prospects.

So...Maybe I missed it, but is this the Dawg we're after right now?

I just assumed it was Robey.

Wow. I knew there were guys we weren't giving up on it...but I certainly didn't know we were really in it with some of these guys. Ogletree could be a HUGE get if this were to play out in our favor.

@LV: Is some of this just now surfacing or has it pretty much been common knowledge for a while?

It's just now starting to surface about making a move on them, but it has been assumed for a while that we are going to go after a ton of committed players...

And I'm not sure some of those guys will even give us a look, but we are definitely gonna go after them...

Thanks man. I'd be happy to walk away with just one of the bigger names currently committed.

Didnt an insider or rivals guy mention an UGA commit who would be apart of our class but he couldnt specify? Wondering if that was reliable

Personally living in Georgia and keeping up with all the high school games I think ogletree is the best in the state and far better than elam at safety jmo YouTube - Alec Ogletree Highlights Future Bulldawg

While I agree that Alec is a better prospect than Matt, I would not go so far as to say he is the better of the two in terms of playing safety at the next level. Ogletree reminds me a LOT of Thomas Davis and Devonta Bolden during their HS career. Great, very physical athletes whose size and range keep them from playing out of the box.

Orgeron and Thompson both visited with Alec Ogletree today and it looks like he will be visiting Knoxville soon...

Orgeron and Thompson both visited with Alec Ogletree today and it looks like he will be visiting Knoxville soon...

LV, everytime I see that you have posted something I get excited... This time you have not disappointed!!!! Ogletree and Dixon (with maybe a side of Menzie)!!!!!! :rock:

VN Store

Back