'10 FL CB Cody Riggs

In the end, Riggs said it came down to three finalists - Florida, Georgia and Tennessee.

What separated the trio?

"As far as Tennessee, I got along with the coaching staff, but not as well as I got along with the coaching staff at Florida and then I feel like Florida's academics are better and I have a better chance of a good life after football, living in Florida, if I go to Florida.

I'm not doing the "we didn't want him anyway" thing.... but I watched Riggs play against Byrnes and he really didn't do anything great from what I remembered. Didn't look too impressive. Joyner was a lot better.

I agree. Thank goodness we didn't get this midget. With the larger receivers in the league a 5' 6" DB is not what we want.

Anyone notice how a while back, some of the Gator people were sayin that Riggs had tried to commit and they wouldn't accept it.............interesting developments with their DB situation.....
He's a little short for my taste but he's always been in the top five on our board after Watkins, Shaw, Fulton, Dorsey. With the talk of Haden and Black leaving, Josh Evans may have to stay at Safety this year and it's a REAL good chance that Dorsey doesn't get into any SEC schools and will end up at WVU or USF.

Last edited:
How so, it appeared that he wasn't near as high on our board as some other guys... I guess it stings a lot more if we don't get a commit from a Riley, Wright, Mitchell, ect....

Mitchell and the Volunteers have both moved on.
which is a shame.

He's a little short for my taste but he's always been in the top five on our board after Watkins, Shaw, Fulton, Dorsey. With the talk of Black leaving, Josh Evans may have to stay at Safety this year and it's a REAL good chance that Dorsey doesn't get into any SEC schools and will end up at WVU or USF.

What about Haden and Dunlap? Are they as good as gone inyour opinion? Just curious

IMO and what i've heard they are gone. Meyer met with Haden and Dunlap on wed so look for them to announce after the Sugar Bowl.

I am going to contradict you here Hialeah. I agree Haden is gone and will be a first round pick and whoever above you said UF can't develop corners is an idiot. Dunlap however is not as good as gone yet I am hearing. The DUI thing is definitely going to hurt his draft stock and himself and his father who seems to be advising him know that. I also have heard his father was very angry at Carlos and might want him to get his degree now. I think he still will leave early but I just don't think it's a done deal like Haden is yet.

I am going to contradict you here Hialeah. I agree Haden is gone and will be a first round pick and whoever above you said UF can't develop corners is an idiot. Dunlap however is not as good as gone yet I am hearing. The DUI thing is definitely going to hurt his draft stock and himself and his father who seems to be advising him know that. I also have heard his father was very angry at Carlos and might want him to get his degree now. I think he still will leave early but I just don't think it's a done deal like Haden is yet.

I think Haden would be dumb to stay another year. As much as I hate Florida, this dude can flat out play. He is a legit first round guy and needs to go make that cash.

Guys anyone who is not thinking that Ambles and Milton will do much worse to Riggs than Jazz did in the Byrnes game has not been watching CFB.

You can be that short and be a superstar CB, but you have to be a freaking lot stronger than Riggs.

I personally am hoping for a Wright or Cooper or Dixon or Riley type secondary. I love Inky Johnson, but I love Eric Berry even more.

+1 on that MHF

I don't want Riggs, sorry. I think he's way overrated simply because he played on the nations top HS football team.

He's 5'8 155lbs dripping wet and I saw what you saw in the Byrnes game.

3 of the 4 guys you listed though are more apt to play safety. I don't think we'll even take a true CB this year with where we are at LB and OL. I think we pretty much covered ourselves last year with all the DBs we got.

the fact that this is the last year before a rookie salary cap will impact a lot of people's decisions to come out. My guess is that Dunlap, being a top 10 pick, would be stupid not to go. Plus with all that money he will get he can hire a driver!!

Riggs and Joyner both got destroyed in STAs upset loss in the semi's of their play offs...apparently the secondary was domionated, and Joyner also had 3 fumbles.

VN Store

Back