'10 FL ATH Matt Elam

Safety. He's listed at 6'0" 200 lbs and in the rivals article he talks alot about coming in an being the next Eric Berry.

He will end up as a linebacker. He's already over 200 lbs and he's 17 years old. He will easily grow to at least 215.

With that being said, Taylor Mays plays safety at 230, so who knows.

Elam stood a good portion of the game and was shaking his orange and white Tennessee shaker. When he wasn't making noise, he was watching Berry do his thing on the field.

"The atmosphere was awesome," Elam said. "I watched Eric Berry and see how he does things. I know I can do the same thing he's doing."

Elam was really impressed at all of the promotion that Berry got on the Jumbotron during the game, including a rap video that aired before kickoff.

"I was thinking that could be me," Elam said. "He's getting all that attention and fame and they promote him. He'll be leaving and someone has to come in and be better than him and make plays."

The crowd impressed Elam with their knowledge of the game. Several fans recognized the Sunshine state native and that really stood out.

"It makes me feel good about myself," Elam said. "It makes me feel blessed and lets me know that I have a bright future ahead of me. I just have to keep my head straight."
Rivals

Someone at the game said they asked him and he said that it was between WVU and UT. Idk if it is true he said that, but I want to believe it.

He came here not even taking it serious. The staff did great getting his attention while here but the longer he is away from campus and not a commitment to us the less likely we land him IMO. I just think the visit will wear off of him and he will end up at WVU since he was favoring them before.

He came here not even taking it serious. The staff did great getting his attention while here but the longer he is away from campus and not a commitment to us the less likely we land him IMO. I just think the visit will wear off of him and he will end up at WVU since he was favoring them before.

I think we have a good shot to pull him. We had to get on his radar. This visit accomplished that. Now, Gran, Orgeron, CLK, and Monte will get a chance to show why they are the best recruiting staff in the country...

If he really doesn't wanna go to UF and WVU is our main competition, I like our chances...

I think we have a good shot to pull him. We had to get on his radar. This visit accomplished that. Now, Gran, Orgeron, CLK, and Monte will get a chance to show why they are the best recruiting staff in the country...

If he really doesn't wanna go to UF and WVU is our main competition, I like our chances...

Agreed... He seemed to be really impressed with all of the exposure Berry gets...and made some bold statements about filling his shoes...I don't think he will get anywhere near the exposure at WVU that he could possibly get here...and it sounds like that could be a factor for him...

Not to be a downer, as I want to see him at UT as much as the next guy, but the article also states he has upcoming visits to Florida State and LSU. We need to get him back on campus again before I can see us having a legitimate shot. JMO though.

This dude wants to be the next EB so bad his mom feels its!

Yep. It is going to be whether or not he feels he is promised a starting spot at WVU. He wants to play and start from day 1 and that is what WVU was selling. If UT offers him that then I see him in your class....which is sort of ironic because he made fun of you guys earlier in the year.

Yep. It is going to be whether or not he feels he is promised a starting spot at WVU. He wants to play and start from day 1 and that is what WVU was selling. If UT offers him that then I see him in your class....which is sort of ironic because he made fun of you guys earlier in the year.

yep thats exactly what it is if we say hey look your gonna get some major playing time he is a Vol but yeah he did make fun of us we will see if he makes fun of us any longer lol. You guys have Jonathan Dowling i think is his name that kids a stud! I can tell your not worried about losing Elam.

I'm not sure Matt will be promised a starting spot, but he will be promised a fair shot to start as Berry's replacement. Talent wise, those who would be competing against him are not on his level. If he comes in and works hard, he will be starting as a true freshman just like Janzen Jackson is now. He will get the opportunity to learn from one of the greatest defensive minds in the history of football. And he will not find a fanbase in America that loves their team more than the Vols. If he did decides to put on the Orange, he won't regret it. Just ask Eric Berry. He's been here through the tough times, but he keeps saying he wouldn't change his decision. Elam will be here for the good times. This next decade is going to be special for UT football...

I'm not sure Matt will be promised a starting spot, but he will be promised a fair shot to start as Berry's replacement. Talent wise, those who would be competing against him are not on his level. If he comes in and works hard, he will be starting as a true freshman just like Janzen Jackson is now. He will get the opportunity to learn from one of the greatest defensive minds in the history of football. And he will not find a fanbase in America that loves their team more than the Vols. If he did decides to put on the Orange, he won't regret it. Just ask Eric Berry. He's been here through the tough times, but he keeps saying he wouldn't change his decision. Elam will be here for the good times. This next decade is going to be special for UT football...
Yeah i agree LV i think we may lead for this kid just by everything he has said im gonna travel down to florida this week and go watch him play and wear my orange just to let him know we need him :) except i wont say that lol

Good stuff, LV.

This kid is going to be a stud, hopefully we get to watch him play for Monte and the Big Orange.

why wouldn't you apply the same logic to WVU and UF by speculating that he would return to the Gators after his WVU visit wore off?

you are just making guesses.

VN Store

Back