1 word to describe this team:

Survivors! The pretties ugly W ever! But the right color of ORANGE moves on. It's March madness you win and play again or go home. Texas is going to Austin and the Vols to Detroit. Better them than us. Vols reset and play again, that's all that matters.

I was at the game. Aidoo just plays too weak. He doesn't take it strong to the basket. He is going to have trouble with Creighton center. Awaka goes up and gets the ball strong, I just wish he was taller. Knecht looked ordinary. Teams are starting to make him get rid of the ball. I do not know the right word for Vescovi. He does play hard and rebounds but his offense is nil. Without Ziegler they have no ballhandling, but he sure made some goofy passes. Mashack brings so much energy to the court. Such a good defender. Gainey is ??????

There were a lot of fouls by Texas that didn't get called. I had the feeling Teas was gonna win on a last second 3 pointer, due to fouls not being called. Under 10 minutes left in the game and Tennessee had been called for 7 fouls, Texas had 1. Thank goodness when Texas was trying to get the ball back with under 30 seconds, Tennessee inbounded to Knecht.

Some really good points in this thread but i really don't like "picking" on Aidoo. He is what he is at this point. He is not going to get stronger until he puts on some more weight. He does some really good things. He has great touch for a big man, hitting mid range shots and being pretty solid on foul shots. Not something all big men can do. Being a 90's Knicks fan, of course i love the way Awaka plays too!!

To the point of the thread, my word is a relatively new one referring to sports. I first started hearing it from DC Banks and thought it was more BS than anything but i think it has more to do with Basketball than Football,,,

Multiple

In Football I always thought,, DUH, we have to have DBs/LBs that can do multiple things but in Basketball it can be used to describe this team a few ways, as we can win in multiple ways:
1 When offense is clicking, we can just simply overwhelm and outscore teams .
2 If DK is off, we have multiple players that can help carry the team for stretches with ZZ and Aidoo.
3 If none of that is working, we can play a solid, tough defense that can shut down opponents and allow us time to get back in the offensive flow.

Those are things that were missing in past and has mainly been fixed by DK's incredible season.

I love watching this teams (even with the occasional heart attacks ;) ) and think they can actually win it all!!
Of course, just making a Final Four would make it the Best Tennessee basketball team accomplishment ever.

Go VOLS!!!

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
I was at the game. Aidoo just plays too weak. He doesn't take it strong to the basket. He is going to have trouble with Creighton center. Awaka goes up and gets the ball strong, I just wish he was taller. Knecht looked ordinary. Teams are starting to make him get rid of the ball. I do not know the right word for Vescovi. He does play hard and rebounds but his offense is nil. Without Ziegler they have no ballhandling, but he sure made some goofy passes. Mashack brings so much energy to the court. Such a good defender. Gainey is ??????
Agree, Aidoo plays too weak, and you are correct about Gainey

Inconsistent. They were butt ugly in the SRC champ round too, but lost then.

Awaka is the strongest dude on the floor no matter who TN is playing. I think the officials call fouls due to this. Every time he barely touches someone they call it. He went over the back on a rebound but didn’t touch the guy and they called it. Players try to bull past him but get knocked on their butt when they run into him. His development has been phenomenal.
From what I’ve read about him and seeing him on the court, seems like he doesn’t do anything but work out, study, read old Russian novels, and go to church. Young man is a rock out there.

T
never seen a team this bad and still win,, love all these guys for the effort
This year they seem to be bad once every 4-5 games or so. Hopefully that was the bad one and the next five will be the usual good ones that got them SEC championship

Truth. But be careful, some of these folks don't like the truth
No. The only truth is that we did what we had to do to win the game and move on in this crapshoot of a tournament. A few posters like you like to take personal shots at the players who are playing at level you've never done anything at in your life😉

Reactions: sami and ohhbother

And yet somehow, this ragtag, sloppy, mediocre bunch of flawed and underachieving players has made it to the Sweet 16. Amazing.

We won despite having a bunch of guys YOU think aren't very good. Astute analysis 🤭

And yet somehow, this ragtag, sloppy, mediocre bunch of flawed and underachieving players has made it to the Sweet 16. Amazing.
Yeah it’s pretty amazing. You’d think we went down to the community center and grabbed this bunch of slackers that we have out there. 🙄

VN Store

Back