'09 GA LB Dexter Moody

Here is his Rivals profile:

Dexter Moody - Football Recruiting

What's so great about this kid? I benched more then him when I was in HS and weighed about the same. His forty is nothing special as well. Why is everyone so convinced he's a major talent? Clips were pretty good, nothing spectacular.

You're right. Stop pursuing him. UGA doesn't know what they're doing. I am also sure Florida would offer a scrub LB like Moody.

You're right. Stop pursuing him. UGA doesn't know what they're doing. I am also sure Florida would offer a scrub LB like Moody.

I'm not saying he won't be good. I just want to know why everyone's so excited about him. When I checked out his Rivas profile, I was surprised to see him as a three star after hearing so much about him on these boards and from other people. Npt too mention he practically beat up one of his teachers. If we are gamble on a kid with an attitude problem, I'd at least want him to be up there with a D Morely type of talent.

Last edited:
Prob bc he's ranked #17 LB i believe, and hes got swagger with Goergia from were he was released. I think could be an impact if he sets his mind to it.

I'm not saying he won't be good. I just want to know why everyone's so excited about him. When I checked out his Rivas profile, I was surprised to see him as a three star after hearing so much about him on these boards and from other people. Npt too mention he practically beat up one of his teachers. If we are gamble on a kid with an attitude problem, I'd at least want him to be up there with a D Morely type of talent.

Don't listen to EB for heisman, he's just annoying. That's why I love the ignore. Moody's a tank. I'm on topic :)

All of these rankings for Dexter Moody come from Scout:
- 4 star
- #8 WLB
- #133 overall
- would be UTs 6th best recruit behind only Bryce, Nukeese, OKu, Askew, and Myles

I know alot of people think Scout sucks, but consider that Rivals had Toney Williams as a 3 star while Scout had him as a 4 star and in their top 250...

Last edited:
I know alot of people think Scout sucks, but consider that Rivals had Toney Williams as a 3 star while Scout had him as a very high 4 star and UTs second best recruit behind only Bryce Brown...

Really? That surprises me. Nice job evaluating Toney by scout. Thanks for pointing that out. I might have to start talking scout somewhat seriously for now on lol.

More concerned about Moody's discipline issues, I would guess. I think that is why they are not scrambling to take him

More concerned about Moody's discipline issues, I would guess. I think that is why they are not scrambling to take him

That seems to be the common belief, not sure what else it would be so. The staff will do whatever they think is right, in Lane I trust.

Ok, I had to edit my previous post. The way Scout has UTs prospects listed messed with my mind big time...:fool:

Toney Williams=UTs 10th best recruit, a 4 star, and #240 overall. Regardless, Scout still did a much better job evaluating TW than Rivals. Sorry guys...

Last edited:
Goes to show that you can't really trust the sites to be all that accurate. I trust our staffs ability to evaluate talent more so than the internet guru sites. You got to give Fulmer credit for spotting this guy and snagging Montori Hughes. Whether you liked Fulmer or not he could evaluate and recruit talent. Was slacking in the "coach em up" department, especially towards the end.

crompton was a 4 star if that tells you anything about the fabulous starring system. its hit or miss

So was Coleman, Ainge, Schaeffer, and Clausen... Brooks, O'Neal, Morley,.... all 5*.

OTOH, a ton of 3* have passed through without making a significant contribution too.

I really don't know why some consider it so en vogue to pick Crompton out of the crowd... it would make sense if he was even the only bust (so far) on this particular team. You could argue that Vinson, Donald, and Paige are far worse busts than Crompton... at least he's been good enough to get on the field and show us bad play. Those guys haven't even been that good.

Before anyone goes off... I'm not giving up on those guys and would love to see A-L-L of them do great. They all have the potential... I just tire of the focus on one guy as if he's the only reason UT stank it up on offense last year.

why make an argument over me using one player as the most recent and obvious example? i was just stating how the star rating can be hit and miss and its up to the coaches to truely evaluate the talent. you're wasting time writing all that.

So was Coleman, Ainge, Schaeffer, and Clausen... Brooks, O'Neal, Morley,.... all 5*.

OTOH, a ton of 3* have passed through without making a significant contribution too.

I really don't know why some consider it so en vogue to pick Crompton out of the crowd... it would make sense if he was even the only bust (so far) on this particular team. You could argue that Vinson, Donald, and Paige are far worse busts than Crompton... at least he's been good enough to get on the field and show us bad play. Those guys haven't even been that good.

What do you mean by saying all those QBs are 4 stars? I'm not getting it...

The reason most people don't trash Donald (he recieves quite a bit) and Paige as much as Crompton is because they are both sophmores and Crompton is a senior. He is expected to be half way decent as a 5 year/4 star senior...

VN Store

Back