'09 GA LB Dexter Moody

The longer this drags out the more i think they are going to pass on him. Right now they have a small window of time to be out hitting the '10 recruits so i doubt Moody is a top priority right now.

I think Tennessee can afford to wait awhile.

There's a small market for guys who have marginal grades, hit on coaches wives, and can't stick to a "behavioral agreement" with his previous school for more than a few weeks.

Looks like the options are
1) UT w/ a year in some academic assistance program,
2) JUCO,
3) Jail or
4) Finding that full service gas station in S. Carolina

i wonder if the staff may be planning to take this kid but are just letting the situation sit for awhile to avoid any negativity, being that it is a very important time, image wise, for recruiting. taking this kid in a hurry may give the impression of desperation, or something. i dont know... thoughts?

You would think that they would only need to make a decision by the time freshman report, so they awhile

new update at Scout says he'll be a Vol if offered. Moody has been informed that a decision on whether or not he'll be offered will come by the end of next week.

he also said, that if he passes a graduation science test in July he'll be eligible this fall.

Scout.com: Will Dexter Moody end up a Vol?[/QU ...sounds like if he makes the grades he will be offered.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

i wonder if the staff may be planning to take this kid but are just letting the situation sit for awhile to avoid any negativity, being that it is a very important time, image wise, for recruiting. taking this kid in a hurry may give the impression of desperation, or something. i dont know... thoughts?

i agree with that totally. you dont want to seem so eager to grab up georgia's sloppy seconds...

“I took an unofficial visit to Tennessee last week,” Moody said. “It was great; I like it there a lot. I feel that it’s the right place for me.”

Moody has always wanted to play in the SEC. “That hasn’t change,” Moody said. “Marshall is the other school I’m still considering. Hopefully I get the offer from Tennessee and become a Vol."

Sounds good to me...

The best thing I like most is that he really wants to be a vol. If its just to get revenge on Georgia.... I don't care. I like it. As long as he plays the same way against everyone. I trust they guys that they won't offer this guy unless they will use him. Personally from what I've seen, I want him. However, If the staff doesn't think we need him, then I will agree. I would really like him to crush any QB Georgia has this coming year.

I don't know if it will help our Rivals rankings much, but if you include him in our class on Scout, we would have the #5 class and almost the #4...

Anyone know when his HS graduates, so we know when he has made the grade or not academically? Thats the only reason I can think of that CLK would be stretching this out....shouldnt take this long to investigate the incident that happened. If he qualifies grade wise, this seems like a no brainer pickup to me. Make sure the kid knows he is on a ZERO tolerance plan, that the first time he so much as jay walks across Kingston Pike he is outta here.

There's noneed to offer if he's not goingto qualify. That's what CLK is waiting on, to see if his grades are gonna pan out and that will determine if he meets the requirements for fall. I'd like to get him in school, I think he can come in and help. This escapade I belive will and has humbled him. Hopefully, his worst days are behind him.

There's noneed to offer if he's not goingto qualify. That's what CLK is waiting on, to see if his grades are gonna pan out and that will determine if he meets the requirements for fall. I'd like to get him in school, I think he can come in and help. This escapade I belive will and has humbled him. Hopefully, his worst days are behind him.

Wrong.

i would think that Kiff would have told the kid no by now, if that were the case. our staff doesnt really seem like a hesitant bunch. i think there is a chance he will be offered.

If they will sign Hood, you would think they wouldn't have any qualms about signing Moody.

VN Store

Back