⚽️ LADY VOLS SOCCER

Wow---never seen a fall schedule released this early. Hell, the Vols don't normally release theirs until late summer.
I'm planning to watch the game against Duke.

Thanks for finding this.

Reactions: MAD
Wow---never seen a fall schedule released this early. Hell, the Vols don't normally release theirs until late summer.
I'm planning to watch the game against Duke.

Thanks for finding this.
If I wasn’t so far away, I’d love to go. Lived in Durham for a few years, really nice campus.

You see they have UNC scheduled twice. One conference game one non conference.

Someone suggested it’s what teams will start doing because of all the crazy travel with conference games out in California now.

If I wasn’t so far away, I’d love to go. Lived in Durham for a few years, really nice campus.

You see they have UNC scheduled twice. One conference game one non conference.

Someone suggested it’s what teams will start doing because of all the crazy travel with conference games out in California now.
I could see picking up midweeks out there on an eight/nine day trip.

This is great, hope it will include teams from the new USL Super League as well.
That would mean possible NWSL vs USL S matchups.

This is such a wonderful podcast with LVFL M.A. Vignola.

IMG_6992.jpeg

Reactions: brittannica
I happened to see last night that the Jefferson Cup--a big showcase tourney for girls--was starting today in Richmond.. I decided
to check it out, which I hadn't done in several years. Richmond also hosts the ECNL championship finals every year, which I should check
out but never have.

They have different competition levels at these showcases, so I picked 2 U16 games featuring highly ranked teams. I was watching a talented Bethesda (Maryland) team play New England Surf and noticed a Penn State coach sitting next to me. Turned out to be Penn State head coach Erica Dambach. I was surprised that there weren't more coaches at this game as Bethesda has a lot of talented players/athletes. Bethesda beat New England 1-0. New England wasn't as talented, but worked very hard, pressed Bethesda for much of the game and managed to hold its own, though it lost in the end. Bethesda has at least four players that I'm sure will end up signing with major programs. I overheard Dambach asking a Bethesda official about a particular player--she just pointed to the player on a roster sheet. Don't know who she was interested in seeing--but she's hurt and didn't play.

At halftime of the Bethesda game I walked over to watch U16 Penn Fusion (good ECNL club) play U16 North Carolina Courage. Two teams with strong national rankings. There were a lot of college scouts at that match--UVA head coach Steve Swanson, plus reps from UNC, Georgetown, Kentucky, South Carolina, Clemson that I noticed, plus at least half a dozen others. Not long after I got to the field, Dambach showed up and sat down in her chair on the sideline, so I knew I'd picked a good game.

I thought North Carolina would be the better team--but it was Penn who was more impressive, and won 5-3. Very well coached team, with some dyna ic players. At one point Dambach just popped up in directly in front of me--having gotten up from her chair and moved down the sideline to watch the action. I couldn't resist and asked her how Fusco was doing for the Nittany Lions and mentioned that I followed Tennessee. She wasn't interested in talking, but replied, "Jordan is really great," and then repeated that sentence, but said nothing else. She clearly wasn't in a chatty mood. Can't blame her! Had she been, I might have asked her: "So what's the deal with the Latina kid we got from your program? Any good?" Actually, I probably wouldn't have asked her that.

I watched a good U17 North Carolina Courage team play and beat a team from northern Virginia. Defintely some college prospects on that Courage team--and UVA coach Steve Swanson was checking out some of them.

I saw on the college reps list that Kirt would be at the tourney, but I did not see him or any Vol reps today. I might have missed him: There are 8 fields and games going on on all of them, so he could have been watching other games.

Reactions: MAD and brittannica
I happened to see last night that the Jefferson Cup--a big showcase tourney for girls--was starting today in Richmond.. I decided
to check it out, which I hadn't done in several years. Richmond also hosts the ECNL championship finals every year, which I should check
out but never have.

They have different competition levels at these showcases, so I picked 2 U16 games featuring highly ranked teams. I was watching a talented Bethesda (Maryland) team play New England Surf and noticed a Penn State coach sitting next to me. Turned out to be Penn State head coach Erica Dambach. I was surprised that there weren't more coaches at this game as Bethesda has a lot of talented players/athletes. Bethesda beat New England 1-0. New England wasn't as talented, but worked very hard, pressed Bethesda for much of the game and managed to hold its own, though it lost in the end. Bethesda has at least four players that I'm sure will end up signing with major programs. I overheard Dambach asking a Bethesda official about a particular player--she just pointed to the player on a roster sheet. Don't know who she was interested in seeing--but she's hurt and didn't play.

At halftime of the Bethesda game I walked over to watch U16 Penn Fusion (good ECNL club) play U16 North Carolina Courage. Two teams with strong national rankings. There were a lot of college scouts at that match--UVA head coach Steve Swanson, plus reps from UNC, Georgetown, Kentucky, South Carolina, Clemson that I noticed, plus at least half a dozen others. Not long after I got to the field, Dambach showed up and sat down in her chair on the sideline, so I knew I'd picked a good game.

I thought North Carolina would be the better team--but it was Penn who was more impressive, and won 5-3. Very well coached team, with some dyna ic players. At one point Dambach just popped up in directly in front of me--having gotten up from her chair and moved down the sideline to watch the action. I couldn't resist and asked her how Fusco was doing for the Nittany Lions and mentioned that I followed Tennessee. She wasn't interested in talking, but replied, "Jordan is really great," and then repeated that sentence, but said nothing else. She clearly wasn't in a chatty mood. Can't blame her! Had she been, I might have asked her: "So what's the deal with the Latina kid we got from your program? Any good?" Actually, I probably wouldn't have asked her that.

I watched a good U17 North Carolina Courage team play and beat a team from northern Virginia. Defintely some college prospects on that Courage team--and UVA coach Steve Swanson was checking out some of them.

I saw on the college reps list that Kirt would be at the tourney, but I did not see him or any Vol reps today. I might have missed him: There are 8 fields and games going on on all of them, so he could have been watching other games.
That sounds like a great experience.

Reactions: brittannica
Congrats to LVFL Carlyn Baldwin on a goal for SC Braga’s in their big 3-1 win over Famalicao.

IMG_6999.jpeg

IMG_7003.png

2024 NWSL Regular Season Schedule

• The season kicks off on Saturday, March 16 with Kansas City Current vs. Portland Thorns FC. Watch on ABC at 12 p.m. ET.
  • The full schedule can be found here.
How do I watch live games from the 2024 NWSL Regular Season?

• Friday night matches airing on Prime Video are available to US fans here.
  • Saturday night double-headers airing at 7:30 and 10 p.m. ET on Scripps-owned ION network are available to US fans here.
  • For games airing on CBS, US fans can watch here. US Fans can also stream on Paramount+ here.
  • For games airing on ESPN, US fans can watch here. Matches on ESPN and ESPN2 will also stream on ESPN+.
  • For games airing on NWSL+, US fans can watch here.
  • Fans outside of the US can watch on NWSL+.
Introducing NWSL+

• NWSL+ is free and is available online and on streaming TV distributors Apple TV, Fire TV and Roku.
    • Download the NWSL+ app on your streaming device by looking for:
      • NWSL on Amazon Firestick
      • NWSL on Apple TV
      • National Women’s Soccer League on Roku
  • In addition to match coverage, highlights, select replays and additional league and club content will also be available for free on the app.

Reactions: turbovol
View attachment 627423

2024 NWSL Regular Season Schedule

• The season kicks off on Saturday, March 16 with Kansas City Current vs. Portland Thorns FC. Watch on ABC at 12 p.m. ET.
  • The full schedule can be found here.
How do I watch live games from the 2024 NWSL Regular Season?

• Friday night matches airing on Prime Video are available to US fans here.
  • Saturday night double-headers airing at 7:30 and 10 p.m. ET on Scripps-owned ION network are available to US fans here.
  • For games airing on CBS, US fans can watch here. US Fans can also stream on Paramount+ here.
  • For games airing on ESPN, US fans can watch here. Matches on ESPN and ESPN2 will also stream on ESPN+.
  • For games airing on NWSL+, US fans can watch here.
  • Fans outside of the US can watch on NWSL+.
Introducing NWSL+

• NWSL+ is free and is available online and on streaming TV distributors Apple TV, Fire TV and Roku.
    • Download the NWSL+ app on your streaming device by looking for:
      • NWSL on Amazon Firestick
      • NWSL on Apple TV
      • National Women’s Soccer League on Roku
  • In addition to match coverage, highlights, select replays and additional league and club content will also be available for free on the app.
From what I can tell, all the matches on ion and NWSL+ are free.
Those two networks I’m not familiar with.

Saw the Angel City vs. Bay City highlights and, sorry to say, Vignola's giveaway (a bad back pass that got stolen) led
to Bay City's goal--the only goal of the game. I think it was her. I do marvel at Vignola's athleticism and pace---she can run. Angel City
certainly had some chances but couldn't put the ball in the net.

VN Store

Back