⚽️ LADY VOLS SOCCER

I found the answer to my question. And it’s a big yes.

This is really interesting. Thanks for sharing! I played Classic in NC, and it was thought at that time (or sold to us as) to be top flight. Interesting to see how that’s changed and think about how it might change with USL and the NWSL pulling top potential recruits.

Reactions: MAD
Happy for Tillett. Here's hoping she can quickly move up to a first-division Swedish team--and IMO she's good enough
to do it.

ManCity was flat in the first half and gave away a cheap goal. Played much better in the second, dominated play for much of the half, but couldn't put the ball in the net. Shaw is an outstanding scorer and talent--but IMO she could be even better. With her size and height, she gets a lot of chances on headers--but misses a lot of them, maybe more than she should.

This is really interesting. Thanks for sharing! I played Classic in NC, and it was thought at that time (or sold to us as) to be top flight. Interesting to see how that’s changed and think about how it might change with USL and the NWSL pulling top potential recruits.
That’s impressive that you played in the Classic League, and yeah it’s changed so much and will keep changing with the addition of the USL Super League like you pointed out.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
LVFL Danielle Marcano had a goal in a 3-0 win for Fomget.

IMG_6891.jpeg

IMG_6886.jpegIMG_6885.jpeg

Her goal is at the 1:50 mark in the video.

Last edited:
Reactions: turbovol
@brittannica I thought this was a good article on what we were discussing the other day.

A Fast Track to the Pros for USYNT Standout Kennedy Fuller​

IMG_6889.jpeg

Over the past ten years, it’s become increasingly common for elite players in girls’ soccer in the US to skip college and head straight to the pros. Lindsey Horan and Mallory Swanson paved the way, with players like Trinity Rodman and Angel City’s Alyssa Thompson following in their footsteps. With the advent of the NWSL’s U-18 Entry Mechanism, even younger players—including ACFC’s Casey Phair and Gisele Thompson—have been entering the league in recent years.

Kennedy Fuller has taken it a step further: in order to devote herself fully to her dream of playing professionally, the 16-year-old Texas native finished high school in two and a half years.

“Being able to finish high school opened up a lot of doors,” says Fuller. “Since last year, I've been training with a bunch of clubs, trying to progress a little bit faster. Not having to worry about school just opened up whatever options came up.”

Initially, Fuller’s goal was to enroll in college early, but as the midfielder started receiving invitations to train with professional clubs, she quickly found she was good enough for that level. Before arriving in LA just a few weeks ago, she’d had stints with Washington, Kansas City, San Diego, North Carolina, and Chelsea.

It was at Angel City, though, where Fuller felt the most at home. “I chose Angel City because the culture and the environment that the team creates is very welcoming and warm,” she says. “There’s not a big gap between the older players and the younger ones—it's very cohesive and they work really well together. It's just a fun environment.”

The feeling was mutual: Fuller quickly impressed Angel City’s coaching staff. “She's an unbelievable talent,” says First Assistant Coach Eleri Earnshaw. “I can't wait for people to watch her. She's a true [No.10]—a goal-scoring, assisting 10.”

Fuller’s scoring ability is hardly a secret; she’s played a key role for the US Youth National Teams at both the U-15 and U-17 levels. She helped lead the U-15s to victory at the 2022 Concacaf U-15 Championship, scoring nine goals and earning the tournament’s Golden Ball award in the process. In 2024, she was the co-leading scorer at the U-17 Concacaf tournament, notching eight as the USA again came out champions.

In other accolades, Fuller was also named the 2023 Gatorade Player of the Year for the state of Texas—an award presented by Mallory Swanson—as well as being named player of the tournament at the 2023 Montaigu Tournament, an annual U-16 competition held in France, en route to a US win.

At that 2024 tournament, held in Mexico, Fuller got a firsthand look at the growth of the women’s game, and at what awaits her at BMO Stadium this season. “Being able to play Mexico in the final, in Mexico, was awesome,” she says. “It was a cool experience to be able to play in their home and against their fans. Obviously you’re nervous to step on the field and represent your country, but there's another level of nerves to have to play with their fans in the stadium.”

With the addition of Fuller, Angel City will have four players under the age of 20 on its roster, the most of any NWSL team. For the club, that represents a commitment to building both for the upcoming season and the longer-term future. For Fuller, it means she has multiple teammates around her own age, something most of the teenage players in the league don’t have.

“It's really fun—they just create an environment that you love to be in,” she says.

Angel City also has its share of veterans, and Fuller says Ali Riley and Sydney Leroux are two players she looks up to. “They’ve been very supportive and very helpful with me,” she says. “They would have supported me whether or not I decided to sign. And as a young player, it’s really cool seeing the way they carry themselves on and off the field, and to learn from them in person. I’ve seen their ability to nourish the team culture and their individual relationships within the team.”

Asked to describe herself as a player, Fuller says, “I'm energetic and I'm spunky, and I think that I'm a very creative player, whether that's on or off the ball. I think I use my voice really well—I like to talk and to lead.”

Fuller’s grandmother on her mom’s side is Vietnamese, and she recently got to travel to Vietnam with her mom and grandma. “We're able to experience a little bit of [Vietnamese] culture with my grandma and my mom, but getting to actually go and to taste the food and see how differently they do things was so cool,” she says. “Being able to do that with my mom and my grandma was even cooler. Not many people get to do that.”

She calls her move to California “fun and exciting,” adding that she’s looking forward to the quintessentially LA sport of celebrity spotting. “I’m excited to experience the Cali life.”

Reactions: brittannica
LVFL Bunny Shaw and Man City face Tottenham in the FA Cup at 11 AM EST.
Match will be available for free on the FA Player

University of Tennessee midfielder Dakota Brown commits to play for W League RVA​

A redshirt freshman, Brown returns to the River City as an intuitive force in the midfield.

IMG_6897.jpeg

RICHMOND, Va. —
W League RVA is pleased to announce that University of Tennessee midfielder and former Richmond United player Dakota Brown will join the team in its inaugural season pending league and federation approval.

“I was beyond excited when I heard I was getting the opportunity to play for this team,” Brown said. “Richmond has always been my second home and I can’t wait to play with new people and even some of my old teammates this season. I am most excited to play on a team with high quality players that will not only make me better but inspire young girls all around the area. Opportunities like this don’t come around often and I want to make the most of it for myself and the fans!”

Originally from Culpeper, Va., Brown played for Richmond United throughout her high school career. She was ranked No. 46 overall and the No. 19 midfielder by Top Drawer Soccer and IMG Academy. With Richmond United, she won four Elite Clubs National League (ECNL) Conference Championships.

In 2020, Brown was one of only 36 players nationwide to earn a roster spot and play in the ECNL National Selection Game. Additionally, she earned an invitation to the 2019 ECNL National Training Camp in Portland.

“Dakota is a creative midfielder that solves the game with her soccer intelligence,” W League RVA Head Coach Kimmy Cummings said. “Her personality on the ball allows her to connect with other midfielders in possession which will suit the overall style of play fans can expect to see in City Stadium. She has experience at many different levels within the game and I’m excited to have her joining the roster!”

In 2021, Brown was named to the ECNL All-Conference Mid-Atlantic Team and she was invited to the 2021 U.S. Youth National Team Regional ID Camp. After attending that, she received another invitation, this time to the 2021 U-18/19 U.S. Women’s National Team Virtual Camp.

“Dakota has all of the attributes you look for in a midfielder,” Sporting Director Madeline McCracken said. “She is tenacious, athletic, and tough. She is a technical player who suits our player profile in every way. She has the ability to be a game changer when she is on the field. Dakota will provide us with versatility in the middle of the field as well as depth and diversity in many areas of an already talented roster.”

Brown is currently a sophomore at Tennessee but remains a redshirt freshman. The Virginia native only appeared in four matches in 2022 to maintain her eligibility. Despite her limited play, Brown still made an early impact for the Lady Volunteers. On Aug. 31, 2022, she made her collegiate debut to help Tennessee snag the win over Bowling Green and returned to the pitch on Sept. 11 of that same year to shut out Queens University of Charlotte.

“Dakota’s composure, her ability to maintain possession as the six, and her ability to intervene and intercept balls with her speed, quickness, and anticipation when we’re out of possession are all things that stood out to us,” Lady Vols Head Coach Joe Kirt said of his midfielder and what has stood out to him throughout her time in Tennessee. “Both in and out of possession we feel she plays at a really high level.”

Horan is a very talented at heading the ball. You don't mark her closely, you pay.

I wish we had some players who could head the ball for the Vols--or at least go up and go after it. I'll bet we've had some 500 corner kicks
since Bunny left the program, and I can remember 2, maybe 3 well-headed balls for goals.

RE Marcano: I'm sure I've said it before, but had I been advising or coaching her years ago, I would have tried to convert her to the 10 position, to fully achieve her soccer potential. She hasn't because she's been good at using her speed and quickness to score goals from the forward position--the center forward position, mostly, in college (though it took her a few years) and now in the Iceland and Turkey leagues. Problem is, I'm not sure any bigger clubs in big European leagues would take her seriously as a CF because of her size--she's small, barely 5'3".

Think of Bunny Shaw as the ideal CF--tall, athletic, strong, can not only run but be physical in and around the box, can shoot with power, and she's a good header of the ball---which is something CF's should be able to do, because you've got wingers and others who send crosses into the box, and crosses into the box are often meant to be headed. That would be difficult for Marcano at a higher level, and her speed wouldn't be as much of an asset playing against considerably better defenders than I imagine she's facing in Turkey. Her petite size wouldn't matter so much as an attacking mid--and her quickness and attacking ability would be an asset, though I wonder if she has overall skill set for midfield now--as it requires foot/ball skills, and a lot more passing and reading of the game. It might be hard for her to switch now given how long she's been playing forward--but she might be able to do it.

I think about this (if you're wondering) because I wonder whether Marcano might be good enough to be offered a contract with a club in a better league. She got some good exposure playing with Puerto Rico in the Gold Cup, so maybe it will happen. Or maybe, like Carlyn Baldwin, she'll play/stay in Turkey for many years. I doubt it, for some reason. It's pretty unusual for anyone to do what Baldwin has done--play in a somewhat lesser league for as long as she has. I'd be very curious to know how much money Baldwin makes and what the conditions/facilities are like at her Braga club. Maybe they're decent. I doubt she's paid much--but that may not be a big issue for her (she comes from a well-to-do family), and she gets to live in Europe, and travel in Europe, which can be a very nice thing, and it has obviously agreed with her.

Last edited:
Gonna post this scam it helps any of you connected with someone going through this process.

DM: Absolute crooks. Their process ▶️ Go to a showcase. ▶️ Find recruit. ▶️Tell recruit they have 10 D1 programs looking for a player like them. ▶️ Recruit says “who are they?” SRUSA says, let’s see your video and profile before we “present” you. SRUSA then says, we can’t send your video like this… let’s fix it. $2500 later. Then Don posts on social media to his “Network…” Found a top D1 prospect. DM me for info… They need to be exposed and regulated.

-GA Club Director

Stay away folks and save your money. When you have club coaches sending us DM’s, it’s getting out there these recruiting services are not wanted at the showcases. Scams! You can do it ALL yourself. Especially if you’re a club player that attends college showcases, already seen by colleges. You don’t need them! Why do you think they’re at ecnl, mls next, and ga events? Because there’s a good chance you’re getting recruited without them and so it’s easier for them to say they “helped”. Those “176 programs” in need for 2024’s, here I’ll save you $2,500, it’s all the D2’s, D3’s, NAIA’s and JC’s publicly stating they still need 2024’s. A former disgruntled employee of theirs is saying the price is closer to $3,000 now. Don’t do it.

SCAM 👇

IMG_6947.jpeg

IMG_6948.jpeg

Reactions: brittannica
Really a shame that if people can find a way to scam folks who just want their kid to have a chance at the next level they will. Ugh. Thanks for sharing!

VN Store

Back