“But I got to stop wishin', got to go fishin' Down to rock bottom again Just a few friends, just a few friends” (pictures)

@GoDucks349
You can put pictures here so the rest of us can live vicariously through you.

Here's a nice video of a very fun section of the Rogue River. I've only been through this area in a raft. It's beautiful.

OPB (Oregon Public Broadcasting) has a show called "Oregon Field Guide" that is probably one of my favorite shows on TV. It's a great source for exploring Oregon.

Reactions: malinoisvol
[/URL]

Here's a nice video of a very fun section of the Rogue River. I've only been through this area in a raft. It's beautiful.

OPB (Oregon Public Broadcasting) has a show called "Oregon Field Guide" that is probably one of my favorite shows on TV. It's a great source for exploring Oregon.
Here's a video that will give you a feel for the Stealhead on the North Umpqua. This is near Steamboat Inn lodge that I mentioned earlier. I hooked into one of these bad boys on a trout fly setup (8 1/2' Sage, dry line, 3# tippet) a number of years ago. I had a couple witnesses, my wife and a good friend, and it was the longest 20 seconds of my life before he ran right at me, went airborne about 2 feet in the air, shook his head and threw my fly.

This is the upper McKenzie where my wife and I use to always go for our anniversary. We'd use a guide and just have a great day flyfishing together. My wife has had back issues for quite a few years now and she doesn't do well in boats/rafts anymore. We're in our mid 70s now and just don't get out flyfishing much anymore.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back