‘20 SC PF P.J. Hall

P.J. Hall decision imminent. It's starting to make sense why we canceled his visit. Probably was a longshot to land him.

P.J. Hall decision imminent. It's starting to make sense why we canceled his visit. Probably was a longshot to land him.

Not surprising. I was fairly certain that the GT visit was never going to happen, and Tennessee cancelling his visit likely moved up his timeline.

I’ll guess VT

I was told it would be either Clemson or VT when I was at Dorman for a football game 11 days ago and that he would announce in two weeks from that time. I hadn't seen or heard of an announcement date anywhere else and thought the guy was full of it. According to 247 Sports, it is Clemson.

Last edited:
Not sure what happened here, but I would consider Clemson 4th out of the 4 he was considering. I would rather play for Rick Barnes, in the SEC, or for a new head coach who I was familiar with (and think is a good coach) than play at Clemson. Can't say Brownell is bad, but that's a tough gig in the ACC. Just personal opinion.

Not sure what happened here, but I would consider Clemson 4th out of the 4 he was considering. I would rather play for Rick Barnes, in the SEC, or for a new head coach who I was familiar with (and think is a good coach) than play at Clemson. Can't say Brownell is bad, but that's a tough gig in the ACC. Just personal opinion.
I think his spots ran out at Florida and Tennessee and so between VT and Clemson he probably felt Clemson was closer to winning now and close to home also.

I am no scouter of talent, but I do worry if we really did turn away a big man with an excellent three point shot for Cardwell. I’m sure Cardwell is great but I think having an offense with 5 guys that can shoot the three (I’m imagining Hall as a small ball 5 here) would’ve been a lot of fun and been a way to keep up when teams get hot from three, which was the reason for most of our losses last year

I am no scouter of talent, but I do worry if we really did turn away a big man with an excellent three point shot for Cardwell. I’m sure Cardwell is great but I think having an offense with 5 guys that can shoot the three (I’m imagining Hall as a small ball 5 here) would’ve been a lot of fun and been a way to keep up when teams get hot from three, which was the reason for most of our losses last year
Drew Pember. Drew Pember can hit 3s. I recall a thread where someone went to watch Drew Pember play a high school game and he said that Drew Pember could stroke it from 3.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Drew Pember. Drew Pember can hit 3s. I recall a thread where someone went to watch Drew Pember play a high school game and he said that Drew Pember could stroke it from 3.
Sure but Hall could be a small ball 5, right? Seems like Pember doesn’t have the size for that (nor the recruiting pedigree of Hall). Can Plasvic shoot threes?

Yes he can shoot

It’s the other things about him that will be an issue

VN Store

Back