‘20 SC PF P.J. Hall

I’d be shocked if he ever contributes. We should have recruited that PG on bearden. That dude was legit as hell. Best player in the state tournament that also included James wiseman

He has skills, but does he have an attitude that wouldn't be disruptive? The rosters the last several years have been among the classiest, least selfish groups that I've ever seen at UT.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I’d be shocked if he ever contributes. We should have recruited that PG on bearden. That dude was legit as hell. Best player in the state tournament that also included James wiseman

He has skills, but does he have an attitude that wouldn't be disruptive? The rosters the last several years have been among the classiest, least selfish groups that I've ever seen at UT.

Reactions: onevol74
Watched him all week last spring and he was an outstanding H.S. player but he is about at his ceiling. He is so small I just don’t see who he guards at the next level and he doesn’t have an outside shot

Watched him all week last spring and he was an outstanding H.S. player but he is about at his ceiling. He is so small I just don’t see who he guards at the next level and he doesn’t have an outside shot
Outside shots can be developed with ease. See Admiral as a prime example. The dude can straight hoop. Florida took his commitment for a reason

Outside shots can be developed with ease. See Admiral as a prime example. The dude can straight hoop. Florida took his commitment for a reason
I won't argue the merits of Glover as a D1 player, let alone an SEC player, but 13 other SEC teams DIDN'T take him for a reason, too. We will see if Florida and Mike White were smarter than every other SEC coach and 300+ other D1 coaches that passed.

Reactions: cardvolfan
I have been coaching basketball for 16 years.... developed with ease 🤣🤣🤣 The kid has obviously played a lot of basketball so he has attempted to have a good outside shot. That typically means there is a disconnect somewhere. So no he will not easily develop an outside shot. Now if the reason he has no outside shot is because he has never put in any work on it then sure he has a shot if he puts in the work. Most non-shooters at his age that end up developing a good outside shot it's because they took up basketball late or grew up as an old school post player. Neither of those things apply here. Even if he beats the odds and develops it then he is still battling a lack of size and poor attitude. There were reasons that he had limited high major opportunities to continue his basketball career.

I have been coaching basketball for 16 years.... developed with ease 🤣🤣🤣 The kid has obviously played a lot of basketball so he has attempted to have a good outside shot. That typically means there is a disconnect somewhere. So no he will not easily develop an outside shot. Now if the reason he has no outside shot is because he has never put in any work on it then sure he has a shot if he puts in the work. Most non-shooters at his age that end up developing a good outside shot it's because they took up basketball late or grew up as an old school post player. Neither of those things apply here. Even if he beats the odds and develops it then he is still battling a lack of size and poor attitude. There were reasons that he had limited high major opportunities to continue his basketball career.
I don’t care how long you’ve been coaching basketball. I know the game just like you do. Kids develop late with certain aspects of their game. He’s never had to learn how to shoot because he’s always been more explosive than anybody in the entire state. He will put in work to develop a shot just like admiral did. Just like countless other division 1 prospects have done. To say he won’t be successful because his size is laughable. Now the attitude or off court issues I know nothing about and could be valid. What is 100% valid is the guy is the TRUTH when he steps on the court

I won't argue the merits of Glover as a D1 player, let alone an SEC player, but 13 other SEC teams DIDN'T take him for a reason, too. We will see if Florida and Mike White were smarter than every other SEC coach and 300+ other D1 coaches that passed.
I agree. There’s gotta be baggage somewhere off the court because his game on the court is off the charts

Also he knocked down like 10-11 threes in the state tournament. Pretty impressive clip for someone that can’t shoot at all

This. The reason Admiral developed a shot was based on a lot of hard work. You don’t develop a shot with ease.

Mike White took 2 guys last year that we ultimately passed on and another one in this class. Last year, he got a couple of high level recruits, so he was trying to fill a class.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
Developed with ease. Your statement is inaccurate. I trust Barnes over White any day of the week.
Yeah with ease was the wrong word to use. I meant in terms of his form and release he can develop a shot. It’s not going to be difficult for him if he puts in the work

Yeah with ease was the wrong word to use. I meant in terms of his form and release he can develop a shot. It’s not going to be difficult for him if he puts in the work
See now that makes more sense. Nobody without a good outside shot is developing it with ease. If he goes all Kevin Punter or Admiral Schofield and puts up a a ridiculous amount of shots every day then he could, could, become a good outside shooter.

VN Store

Back