‘18 QB Grad Transfer Keller Chryst (UT commit 3/1/18)

Pass. JG is better than him

Doesnt hurt. JG needs to be pushed. We need depth. JG hasn't had a healthy season his last 3 seasons he actually played in. So the you think do I risk running McBride and Shrout out there or feel better about a Thomson or Chryst.... yep I'll take the latter. JG can cry like a beotch if he wants but if he is scared then he ain't the next QB to win us a championship

Reactions: 2 people
McBride and Shrout are sufficient IMO

Right. Because last year we were one snap away from playing a walk on that no one had even heard of. So this year we should roll with a guy who won two starts last year (against UMASS and Southern Miss. A true freshman in Strout, and a true sophomore who played about 30 snaps in McBride. You managed to spew the dumbest post in a thread where D4H also contributed. Congratulations.

Reactions: 1 person
How tf do you have time to watch ALL of these players. He’s better than any QB on our roster. Just like your Barnett analyzes, right?

Stanford is a pretty big program that has played some big games the last couple of years. I like to watch more than just Tennessee play. So I typically get to see the major programs play at least a couple of times each year.

There is a reason Chryst is transferring. He's not good enough to play at Stanford. I personally don't want a guy who can't play at another major program. Its not like he's got Andrew Luck ahead of him. I will say this about him, he definitely looks the part. He's tall, strong, and decently athletic. He just lacks the IT factor and instincts. Much like JG.

The best QB on our roster is Will McBride. He has the best instincts and IT factor. He reminds me of Penn State QB Trace McSorely. Neither are pro QBs but they can be really good college QBs.

Doesnt hurt. JG needs to be pushed. We need depth. JG hasn't had a healthy season his last 3 seasons he actually played in. So the you think do I risk running McBride and Shrout out there or feel better about a Thomson or Chryst.... yep I'll take the latter. JG can cry like a beotch if he wants but if he is scared then he ain't the next QB to win us a championship
JG has only been here two years. When Butch finally allowed him to play he showed how much better he was than dormady. Personally I thought he showed the potential to be a very good starter. If Friend can fix the oline, then I think we’ll see JG take a huge step forward this year

Stanford is a pretty big program that has played some big games the last couple of years. I like to watch more than just Tennessee play. So I typically get to see the major programs play at least a couple of times each year.

There is a reason Chryst is transferring. He's not good enough to play at Stanford. I personally don't want a guy who can't play at another major program. Its not like he's got Andrew Luck ahead of him. I will say this about him, he definitely looks the part. He's tall, strong, and decently athletic. He just lacks the IT factor and instincts. Much like JG.

The best QB on our roster is Will McBride. He has the best instincts and IT factor. He reminds me of Penn State QB Trace McSorely. Neither are pro QBs but they can be really good college QBs.
JG will be much better this year

Absolute kiss of death for McBride, not that he needed it. He was awful in his short amount of playing time and will never play another meaningful snap at Tennessee barring injuries to JG, Shrout and any possible grad transfer we may bring in.

Btw, you know who else said McBride has the “it factor”? Lyle Jones....lol. Sounds about right...you and Lyle

Last edited:
JG has only been here two years. When Butch finally allowed him to play he showed how much better he was than dormady. Personally I thought he showed the potential to be a very good starter. If Friend can fix the oline, then I think we’ll see JG take a huge step forward this year

JG was hurt his Jr/sr yrs of HS and didn't finish either season. He redshirted the first yr here. He got hurt thisnyear. So like I said 3 straight yrs he played he has missed games

Reactions: 3 people
how? we still have a joke Offensive Line.

Actual D1 QB coaching and a legit, big boy, SEC offensive scheme imo. I agree that the OL blows, but I think we can see some improvement there as well with a P5 coaching staff.

He is younger. He has never been coached well while this guy has. Both have had their struggles. I prefer the younger that failed under bad coaching

Agree. And what did JG really fail at last year? First and foremost was his ability to feel pressure in the pocket/holding the ball too long/taking unnecessary sacks.....all of that can be coached out of him imo. When he actually stepped up and threw the ball, good things happened.

What has JG proven to you that a guy at a better program, who played pro style, with more experience, better stats, and more wins would automatically take a back seat to him?

The better question is what has Chryst shown you? With arguably two of the better backs, offensive lines and an one of the most brilliant offensive coaches in recent PAC12 history, he’s been pedestrian at best in an offense that quite honestly didn’t ask him to do much.

Agree. And what did JG really fail at last year? First and foremost was his ability to feel pressure in the pocket/holding the ball too long/taking unnecessary sacks.....all of that can be coached out of him imo. When he actually stepped up and threw the ball, good things happened.

He did some good things but the worry is he really doesn't have the feel for the Position needed to win. I want this kid as depth in case he can't be taught those things but we need JG to win the Job and develop for the future.

What’s your thoughts on Chryst?

I personally don't have an informed opinion on him. Would need to watch some High School film and some of his College tape. Can definitely (and will tomorrow) reach out to my buddies on the west coast for their opinion on him from high school and their opinion of him now. Their opinion will count significantly more than mine. They also gave me their rundown on JT.

Is Chryst the P5 QB you were hinting at in the Wagner QB thread?

He is NOT the 2nd transfer I had previously referred too.

The better question is what has Chryst shown you? With arguably two of the better backs, offensive lines and an one of the most brilliant offensive coaches in recent PAC12 history, he’s been pedestrian at best in an offense that quite honestly didn’t ask him to do much.

Nothing. I’m not proclaiming one way or another about Chryst or JG. You seem sure he wouldn’t be needed here, was asking your reasons why.

VN Store

Back