2491 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on '13 TN OT Christian Morris Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Recruiting. "I was really excited. It was very big because I had always liked Tennessee, I don't have any favorites or ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Recruiting

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
Minister of Defense
 
ORANGE & WHITE's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Piney Flats, TN
Posts: 7,137
Likes: 1,963
Quote:
"I was really excited. It was very big because I had always liked Tennessee, I don't have any favorites or anything, but I have always liked them and watched them and liked how they play and their concept of the game," he said.
- Rivals. Said that he knows Dan Williams and is familiar with us. Said that Pittman told him he needs to keep at it in the weight room to get stronger. He said that they complemented him on his pass protection but want him to build strength to be a road grader needed in the SEC.
ORANGE & WHITE is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
volprof's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 5,677
Likes: 1,956
Does anybody know who our legitimate top targets are at OL this go around? And by "legitimate," I mean that we stand a good shot at getting. I know Bivin might be one, but who else?
volprof is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bud0323's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Franklin,TN
Posts: 821
Likes: 47
Colin McGovern has high interest and I think he's visiting on march 3rd.
__________________
Budvol
bud0323 is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 316
Likes: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud0323 View Post
Colin McGovern has high interest and I think he's visiting on march 3rd.
McGovern, Bivin, and Morris are all visiting on the 3rd. CA OL Dane Crane is visiting this weekend.
schwompal is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
volprof's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 5,677
Likes: 1,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud0323 View Post
Colin McGovern has high interest and I think he's visiting on march 3rd.
Yeah, that's right. I remember reading on the "Spring Visitors" thread that he is currently probable or a possibility at least to show up on Junior Day. Unfortunately, sounds like Bivin might not necessarily be making it. As far as Morris is concerned (since this is his thread), I hope he can develop into a top-notch o-lineman by August, especially if he goes to any camps. Seems to me that by that time most of the recruiting services have pretty much solidified their evaluations and rankings. I just haven't heard much chatter about him up until this offer, so he's still a bit of a mystery to me.
volprof is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
volprof's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 5,677
Likes: 1,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwompal View Post
McGovern, Bivin, and Morris are all visiting on the 3rd. CA OL Dane Crane is visiting this weekend.
So do we know for sure that Bivin is making it? There was some talk about him possibly attending Notre Dame's Junior Day on the 3rd instead.
volprof is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 316
Likes: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by volprof View Post
So do we know for sure that Bivin is making it? There was some talk about him possibly attending Notre Dame's Junior Day on the 3rd instead.
Here's how it stands with Bivin. He was supposed to visit on the 3rd, then 247 said he was supposed to be at Notre Dame, then after that VQ said that Bivin was supposed to be at UT on the 3rd. I am going with VQ and saying that he will be here.
schwompal is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
volprof's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 5,677
Likes: 1,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwompal View Post
Here's how it stands with Bivin. He was supposed to visit on the 3rd, then 247 said he was supposed to be at Notre Dame, then after that VQ said that Bivin was supposed to be at UT on the 3rd. I am going with VQ and saying that he will be here.
Trusting Hubbs over Callahan, huh? haha! Well, let's hope your haunch is right. We need to get in on as many top-tier o-lineman as we can early on. This needs to be a big o-line haul this year. I'm thinking a minimum of three but probably more like four or even five.
volprof is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Montrell Hardy's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 5,646
Likes: 1,069
VQ is much more reliable than 247. However I would consider Bivin to be a huge longshot for Tennessee even though Pittman is one of the best offensive line coaches and recruiters out there. Remember this guy went into Indianapolis in back to back years and pulled James Hurst (5-star) and Kiaoro Holts (5-star by some) to UNC. That's pretty big-time.
Montrell Hardy is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
volprof's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 5,677
Likes: 1,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrell Hardy View Post
VQ is much more reliable than 247. However I would consider Bivin to be a huge longshot for Tennessee even though Pittman is one of the best offensive line coaches and recruiters out there. Remember this guy went into Indianapolis in back to back years and pulled James Hurst (5-star) and Kiaoro Holts (5-star by some) to UNC. That's pretty big-time.
Yeah, I know Bivin is from Kentucky but seems to have more interests in Midwest schools (especially Notre Dame) as I recall reading somewhere else. It'll be interesting to see how it goes down.
volprof is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Montrell Hardy's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 5,646
Likes: 1,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by volprof View Post
Yeah, I know Bivin is from Kentucky but seems to have more interests in Midwest schools (especially Notre Dame) as I recall reading somewhere else. It'll be interesting to see how it goes down.
Yeah he seems to like ND an awful lot. That said, if I'm an offensive line prospect I take Pittman all day over Heistand. It's not even close. Can you imagine all the screaming offensive lineman at ND will now see when you couple Heistand with Kelly?? Good grief.
Montrell Hardy is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
volprof's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 5,677
Likes: 1,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrell Hardy View Post
Yeah he seems to like ND an awful lot. That said, if I'm an offensive line prospect I take Pittman all day over Heistand. It's not even close. Can you imagine all the screaming offensive lineman at ND will now see when you couple Heistand with Kelly?? Good grief.
I don't know what the problem was here last year with our o-line concerns, but I have heard unfavorable things about Heistand. I guess we'll find out this coming year with Pittman what the real problem was.
volprof is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #28 (permalink)
@insidetweeter
 
chavisut's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: BOC
Posts: 33,460
Likes: 2,006
We need a big time haul this class.
chavisut is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
Cause I like to party
 
thunder5's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mount Pleasant, SC
Posts: 7,668
Likes: 584
Saunders, Crowder, Biven and Morris sounds like a good haul to me...

Does anyone know anything about Bryce King from SC? I'd like to see us take a true center in this class
thunder5 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #30 (permalink)
@insidetweeter
 
chavisut's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: BOC
Posts: 33,460
Likes: 2,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder5 View Post
Saunders, Crowder, Biven and Morris sounds like a good haul to me...

Does anyone know anything about Bryce King from SC? I'd like to see us take a true center in this class
Is there a center in that group?
chavisut is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27