2013 PG Emmanuel Owootoah

bleedingTNorange

I'm a terrible talent evaluator (no idea what to look for), but here are my meaningless 2 cents:

Looks pretty athletic. Definitely a solid player, good at creating for others and occasionally for himself. Nice finishes around the basket.

It says in the video description that he can hit a jump shot, but I don't think he even shot one in the whole video. May just be a coincidence though.

If he was to come into this state listening to that kind of crap, let him stay in Canada.

BTO...what's your opinion of him?

Game was from last February, his junior year, would like to see film from his senior year (just became eligible recently).

He had about 7-8 assists ATLEAST, in the highlights of that game, so good to see a HS kid that can get that many assists in a single HS game.

The fact UCLA has offered and programs like Arizona have been calling makes me think he's probably pretty good. His coach also knows a thing or two about good PGs, he's played with and coached a few good ones.

Based on the video, he is not a difference maker. He has average ability at best. He can not dunk. He has average quickness and shooting ability. I say pass.

Reactions: 2 people
don't care unless the guy can SHOOT the ball and it goes in the BASKET. It is painfully obvious the only thing we need and lack is pure shooters. PERIOD. If he can shoot, go get em CCM!

Based on the video, he is not a difference maker. He has average ability at best. He can not dunk. He has average quickness and shooting ability. I say pass.

Idk about all that. I don't think he would get the looks that's he's getting if he was average. I think we need more videos before you can make that judgement. He gets to the lane and makes damn good passes. I'm not saying that he should automatically sign with us but the looks from schools speak for its self.

Reactions: 1 person

If he had average ability why would schools like UCLA and Arizona be after him?

Since when does a PG need to dunk to be effective?

Average shooting ability? What in the video supports that statement?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

He can leave the dunking to MCCrae and Hubbs for all I care. Give me a PG with a 4 to 1 Ast to Turnover ratio and the ability to read a defense and get the ball where it needs to be and I am satisfied.

He can leave the dunking to MCCrae and Hubbs for all I care. Give me a PG with a 4 to 1 Ast to Turnover ratio and the ability to read a defense and get the ball where it needs to be and I am satisfied.

People are too caught up in seeing UK and other top schools have uber athletic PG's and think that all PG's are like that. Do I want that yes to a degree but like you said give me a heady PG that limits turnovers and puts people in the right position and gets them to score and I'm all for it.

If he can get the ball past mid court offer, its heck when you cant get past midcourt, when the game is on the line, with a good point guard we are looking at this team with at least 3 more wins.

canada has put some pretty solid basketball players in the college ranks the last few years...Gonzaga has 2 of them I believe..baylor has 1 and a few more are out there

canada has put some pretty solid basketball players in the college ranks the last few years...Gonzaga has 2 of them I believe..baylor has 1 and a few more are out there

Tristan Thompson, Cory Joseph, Andrew Wiggins, Xavier Rathan-Mayes, Montague Gill-Caesar to name a few recent ones.

“@AdamZagoria: Tennessee will watch 2013 PG Emmanuel Owootoah tonight and UConn coaches will call after his game, coach Rod Rhodes tells @SNYtv”

Video wasn't that impressive. Just being honest.

Which part, the 10 assists in a high school game?

Here's the thing with that video, its all from one game. Usually these videos are highlights from a bunch of games, that video was one game.

That's also from his junior year...the fact Arizona and UCLA wants him tells me all I need to know.

Tracy Webster is at his game as we speak...Kansas is also getting into the mix and will be in to see him next week.

So UCLA,UCONN, Arizona and Kansas are recruiting him...yea I'd say he's a take.

If you want a dunker check out PG Darius Malbon Hickory HS in NC.
Lists interest in TN.
Dunks and shoots the 3.
Kid puts up the points.
Doubt we're looking at him.

VN Store

Back