4008 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on How long does C. Martin have to show improvement?. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. Does he get 3 or 4 years? With all the talent we should have on the floor next year and ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2013, 05:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

How long does C. Martin have to show improvement?

Does he get 3 or 4 years? With all the talent we should have on the floor next year and we still look as bad as we do now, does he get a 4th year?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2013, 05:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeard82 View Post
Does he get 3 or 4 years? With all the talent we should have on the floor next year and we still look as bad as we do now, does he get a 4th year?
For me, if he doesn't make the tournament next year, he's as good as gone. So no. If we look like we do now next year, he'll be out of here, and deservedly so.

That's how I see it anyway.
VN Likes: 5
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2013, 06:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

I think a fair amount of time for most cases is 4-5 years but Martin is the right guy for the job no need to discuss
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2013, 06:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
GBO or GTFO

it pretty much rides on next season. If we suck, boot him.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2013, 06:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:

all of that talent next year ,tour crazy this team is as talented as any practice team and Hubbs is the only talent they are adding and davis will surprize next year
pg golden/ hubbs

2 hubbs/mcrae
3 mcrae /richadson/davis
4 stokes/davis
5maymon/yemi/stokes

then moore and landry, chevious is lmu talent should be gone
stokes should do alot better with maymon back and hubss replacing your guys local hero mcbrick should give the VOLS an outstanding 3 point shooter or someone who can drive to the bucket and finish.mcrae having hubbs a freshmen finally pushing him to get better.should make jim better on the other wingdoes or could mcbee make anyone better not on your lif unless it is making opposing plsyers look good as they drive around him or that jog from corner to wing .the vols wont be much more talented but with a star in the making in hubbs starting at the 2 and some at the pg because he can dribble better than anyone on current roster and mcrae gets even better as he plays the three and stokes and maymon inside and golden at pointson moor and yemi coming in for defense vols will be top 3 in SEC nezt seasin and i hope martin can land a couple stars in the next ckass

Last edited by volfan414life; 01-13-2013 at 07:10 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2013, 06:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volfan414life View Post
all of that talent next year ,tour crazy this team is as talented as any practice team and Hubbs is the only talent they are adding and davis will surprize next year
pg golden/ hubbs

2 hubbs/mcrae
3 mcrae /richadson/davis
4 stokes/davis
5maymon/yemi/stokes

stokes should do alot better with maymon back and hubss replacing your guys local hero mcbrick should give the VOLSS an outstanding 3 point shooter or someone who can drive to the bucket and finishmcrae having hubbs a freshmen finally pushing him to get better.does or could mcbee make anyone better not on your lif unless it is making opposing plsyers look good as they drive around him or that jog from corner to wing .the vols wont be much more talented but with a star in the making in hubbs starting at the 2 and some at the pg because he can dribble better than anyone on current roster and mcrae gets even better as he plays the three and stokes and maymon inside and golden at pointson moor and yemi coming in for defense vols will be top 3 in SEC nezt seasin and i hope martin can land a couple stars in the next ckass
What the hell did I just read?
VN Likes: 16
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2013, 06:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
pg golden/ hubbs

2 hubbs/mcrae
3 mcrae /richadson/davis
4 stokes/davis
5maymon/yemi/stokes

stokes should do alot better with maymon back and hubss replacing your guys local hero mcbrick should give the VOLSS an outstanding 3 point shooter or someone who can drive to the bucket and finishmcrae having hubbs a freshmen finally pushing him to get better.does or could mcbee make anyone better not on your lif unless it is making opposing plsyers look good as they drive around him or that jog from corner to wing .the vols wont be much more talented but with a star in the making in hubbs starting at the 2 and some at the pg because he can dribble better than anyone on current roster and mcrae gets even better as he plays the three and stokes and maymon inside and golden at pointson moor and yemi coming in for defense vols will be top 3 in SEC nezt seasin and i hope martin can land a couple stars in the next ckass
Ummmm What the hell did you say?
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
pg golden/ hubbs

2 hubbs/mcrae
3 mcrae /richadson/davis
4 stokes/davis
5maymon/yemi/stokes

ha...i see what you did there! actually...wait...that makes no sense at all.
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronvol View Post
ha...i see what you did there! actually...wait...that makes no sense at all.
His English comprehension or his theory of how the team will be constructed? lol
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2013, 07:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
This We'll Defend

Thru next year. He needs to make the tourney
Old 01-13-2013, 08:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
This We'll Defend

Quote:
Originally Posted by utfan72408 View Post
What the hell did I just read?
looks like it was typed by a 12 year old
Old 01-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
GBO or GTFO

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Wtf?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #13 (permalink)

Same - through next year and he needs to make the dance. Show the ability to recruit a couple of good PG's might help, along with a couple guys that can actually make a jump shot.

I had high hopes for Zo as an overachiever. Not feeling it lately.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #14 (permalink)

To hell with rebuilding. You can win now in basketball. CM Is another Wade Houston!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:

He will get next year, but, I think his ceiling even with great players is around 20 to 24 games. He is not the answer.
Reply With Quote TOP