Aja Wilson Visit.

Volfan2012

Aja Wilson will make an official visit to Tennessee for the LSU game tomorrow night. Hopefully the crowd will be fired up and we'll play a great game to start the SEC season.

I don't know. I think, or maybe my hope, is that the choice is between us and South Carolina. I know Coach Elzy was just watching her play this past weekend. Elzy is smart and I don't think she would be wasting her time if she didn't think we still had a shot. She has picked an awesome game to attend, with Parker's jersey being retired, huge crowd, and hopefully a solid win.

Her official visit to UConn was months ago and nothing was really mentioned about it.

Again, all we have are our hunches and opinions. The only person that really knows is A'ja.

I don't know. I think, or maybe my hope, is that the choice is between us and South Carolina. I know Coach Elzy was just watching her play this past weekend. Elzy is smart and I don't think she would be wasting her time if she didn't think we still had a shot. She has picked an awesome game to attend, with Parker's jersey being retired, huge crowd, and hopefully a solid win.

Her official visit to UConn was months ago and nothing was really mentioned about it.

Again, all we have are our hunches and opinions. The only person that really knows is A'ja.

A'ja doesn't even know yet. If she did, she would either announce already or she would quit taking visits.

Flew in from SF today via Chicago. CP and her family were on the flight from Chicago. Also, a young girl from Clovis, NM (after a little research, I think it was Danni Williams) was on the flight to visit the Lady Vols. She got up enough nerve to go talk to CP -- I'd say they talked for a good 30 minutes while we waited for the plane to de-ice.

Reactions: 4 people
keep spying out the recruits AmobeaVol,good work,of course some pics would be nice in your spying :search:

keep spying out the recruits AmobeaVol,good work,of course some pics would be nice in your spying :search:

Taking pics would be creepy. I was just passing the time on the tarmac. I thought it was cool that Candace was nice enough to spend some time with the girl.

I don't even really follow women's basketball much, but thought someone who does might care.

That is all.

It is creepy, but necessary. There are a lot of dirty jobs out there and somebody has to do them. Policemen stop criminals, firemen put out fires, and you can take creepy pictures from the back of the plane! ARE YOU WITH ME!:)

Tricked me into clicking on Lady Vols thread :biggrin: - thought this was about Al Wilson visit (need to get better glasses and stop living in the past).

Reactions: 1 person
I was positively tricked to - life is full of surprises and as a result read a good story about a great player - and perhaps a future recruit. thanks for the contribution.

She said atmosphere at the game is huge in her decision. I think with LSU coming in to start SEC play and Candace's number getting retired this should be one of the best Womens Basketball atmospheres of the regular season.

Tricked me into clicking on Lady Vols thread :biggrin: - thought this was about Al Wilson visit (need to get better glasses and stop living in the past).

I thought it was in regard to the classic album by Steely Dan.

The Harttford Courant is reporting that A'ja has postponed (will reschedule) her visit to South Carolina next weekend. Probably means nothing. I just thought it was interesting and it is the first we have heard about A'ja in some time.

Aja Wilson will make an official visit to Tennessee for the LSU game tomorrow night. Hopefully the crowd will be fired up and we'll play a great game to start the SEC season.

Gino will arrange for her to tour ESPN then he will lie to her and tell her that the entire U.T. coaching staff are NOT hetrosexual and she should not come here.

She will commit to U Conn and win one or two Nationa Championships.......

Par for the course for Gino!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 people
The Harttford Courant is reporting that A'ja has postponed (will reschedule) her visit to South Carolina next weekend. Probably means nothing. I just thought it was interesting and it is the first we have heard about A'ja in some time.

She postponed the visit because of a scheduling conflict. She has a game next weekend so that is why.

She said atmosphere at the game is huge in her decision. I think with LSU coming in to start SEC play and Candace's number getting retired this should be one of the best Womens Basketball atmospheres of the regular season.

Good point! And if she were to pick Connecticut, some of the lonely atmospheres she would encounter over her next 4 years of college would take place in the likes of Cincinnati, Memphis, Houston, Temple, Rutgers, UCF, South Florida, SMU, and Louisville. There: a cricket sanctuary; here: a stage!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I don't know what she thought about the team coming out as flat as a pancake with no energy to play the game. The coaches never were able to get them going last night until the technical fouls and then it was to late. I can accept losing if you play your best we didn't even seem to be trying on defense last night. A really horrible performance by the team with a top recruit in the house. There is just to much talk about how good were gonna be and how much we want to win and then no effort in a big game.

Reactions: 4 people
Good post by volfan2012.Aja had to have been impressed by the game atmosphere,by the large crowd,and by Candace's number retirement.Then the game began with a team playing with no effort and no concentration.This team,as for the last six years, seems purposeless and without leadership.Games are forty minutes long,and when one sees a team play for five minutes how they should have played for the entire time,you wonder why the concept of playing with purpose for the length of the game doesn't dawn on the players.As fans,we see how good this team can and should be.As an example,for the last five or so minutes of the game,Izzy Harrison was the best player on the floor.Most of the rest of the game she played with no desire.How to channel the fight and desire displayed by this team in the last five minutes of the game becomes a challenge for the coaches and players.As we all know,talk is only hot air until it's backed by action, and it's time to produce, starting with the head coach and her staff.By the way,it was good to see Holly into the game enough to get a technical called on her even if she didn't know why.She should have had one much earlier because of the atrocious refereeing going on.That way the players know she has their backs.

well it seems to me,they should be telling aja that she is needed to shore up the team

That should be the approach we need you to make the difference of where we are now and the National Championship. We have the crowds, the tradition, the facilities, and we need to you to win us some titles.:)

Good post by volfan2012.Aja had to have been impressed by the game atmosphere,by the large crowd,and by Candace's number retirement.Then the game began with a team playing with no effort and no concentration.This team,as for the last six years, seems purposeless and without leadership.Games are forty minutes long,and when one sees a team play for five minutes how they should have played for the entire time,you wonder why the concept of playing with purpose for the length of the game doesn't dawn on the players.As fans,we see how good this team can and should be.As an example,for the last five or so minutes of the game,Izzy Harrison was the best player on the floor.Most of the rest of the game she played with no desire.How to channel the fight and desire displayed by this team in the last five minutes of the game becomes a challenge for the coaches and players.As we all know,talk is only hot air until it's backed by action, and it's time to produce, starting with the head coach and her staff.By the way,it was good to see Holly into the game enough to get a technical called on her even if she didn't know why.She should have had one much earlier because of the atrocious refereeing going on.That way the players know she has their backs.
Perhaps Harrison is only capable of sustained effort for 5 minutes. Everyone has their limits. I can't understand why a coach getting a technical for doing something stupid after a player does something stupid motivates a team. It just puts them down a few more points.

It was interesting when LSU and the refs tried unsuccessfully to give the Lady Vols the game and the LVs responded back not wanting to take it.

From reading the posts, seems like new refs would fix all the LV problems.:yes:

Simmons getting called for a foul was a bad call by the ref.
Simmons getting called for a technical was a bad call by the ref.
Holly getting called for a technical was a bad call by the ref.

I can forgive the first bad call but not the technical fouls. The refs are now making the game about them and the game is not about them. I believe that was 5 points given away by the ref. In a close game against a competent opponent when you are having an off night is a kiss of death. Incidentally, we lost by less than the 5 points the refs gave away.

Sure, we can write pages and pages about how LSU played well and we missed some free throws and Simmons sat too long in the 2nd half and too many turnovers and blah blah blah blah blah. At the end of the day, though, players need to decide games. Refs need to call the game (correctly) and stfu.

VN Store

Back