D4H's 2017 NFL Draft Review (Best Picks, Best Drafts, and Predictions)

Draft less than a week away -- Need a 2018 draft thread for D4H --- Kelly is going in round 1 or 2 --

That would be rather shocking with how loaded the RB class is

The three main guys I would guess go in the first round are Barkley obviously Guice and Michel

Chubb and Ronald Jones possibly too but I would bet second round for them

This particular site has him way down the board going in rounds 4-6

WalterFootball.com: 2018 NFL Draft: Running Back Rankings

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Future Hall of Famers from the 2017 Draft

QB Josh Dobbs (Steelers) - next Randall Cunningham
RB Alvin Kamara (Saints) - next Marshall Faulk
WR Corey Davis (Titans) - next Jerry Rice
DE Myles Garrett (Browns) - next Bruce Smith
LB Dylan Cole (Texans) - next Zach Thomas
CB Cam Sutton (Steelers) - next Darrelle Revis

I don't know how many of you watched the Texans/Chiefs preseason game but Dylan Cole flashed big time. He's a guy who I identified last year before the draft as a potentially great player even though he went undrafted. Now in Year 2 he could be a breakout star in the league. Its unbelievable how explosive and instinctive he is. He makes plays all over the field. Saying he's the next Zach Thomas was not hyperbole. He looks like he could be that good.

I just wish I hadn't rated Jarrad Davis and Hasson Reddick above him before the draft. Both of them don't look anywhere close to being as good as Dylan Cole. This kid is a future All-Pro. They look like they're just solid starters.

I don't know how many of you watched the Texans/Chiefs preseason game but Dylan Cole flashed big time. He's a guy who I identified last year before the draft as a potentially great player even though he went undrafted. Now in Year 2 he could be a breakout star in the league. Its unbelievable how explosive and instinctive he is. He makes plays all over the field. Saying he's the next Zach Thomas was not hyperbole. He looks like he could be that good.

I just wish I hadn't rated Jarrad Davis and Hasson Reddick above him before the draft. Both of them don't look anywhere close to being as good as Dylan Cole. This kid is a future All-Pro. They look like they're just solid starters.

Do you think Dobbs and James Conner will get a shot this season?

Do you think Dobbs and James Conner will get a shot this season?

I think so. Highly unlikely that Big Ben and Le'Veon Bell stay healthy for another season in a row. Both players have a history of being injury prone. Also Dobbs and Conner have looked in the preseason. Both are poised for breakout seasons.

I think so. Highly unlikely that Big Ben and Le'Veon Bell stay healthy for another season in a row. Both players have a history of being injury prone. Also Dobbs and Conner have looked in the preseason. Both are poised for breakout seasons.

They sure have looked, I tell ya.

I think so. Highly unlikely that Big Ben and Le'Veon Bell stay healthy for another season in a row. Both players have a history of being injury prone. Also Dobbs and Conner have looked in the want ads preseason. Both are poised for breakout of the NFL seasons.
Helped you out with that one

Of the 2 (Big Ben & Bell), which do you think is more probable to get injuried this season and leave the door open for Dobbs/Conner to steal the show? Any predictions as to what the injury(s) might be? Big Ben has proven to be fragile over the years.

Strange, he never played against Iowa State but ok. He did however suck against every decent team he played against, especially Oregon.

They played Iowa last year, and Allen sucked pretty hard. I think that's close enough to give Ramsey some credit.

Plus, Ramsey sees Blake Bortles every day in practice. He's got some expertise when it comes to garbage QBs.

Here is my review of the 2017 NFL Draft.

Elite Players in 2017 NFL Draft (by position)

Running Backs
1. Alvin Kamara (Saints) – All-Pro Talent
2. James Conner (Steelers) – Pro Bowl Talent
3. Joe Mixon (Bengals) – Pro Bowl Talent
4. Christian McCaffrey (Panthers) – Pro Bowl Talent
5. Matt Breida (49ers) – Pro Bowl Talent

Undrafted Free Agents
1. RB Matt Breida (49ers) – Solid Starter with Pro Bowl Potential; reminds me of Cadillac Williams

Is nobody gonna give me credit for hitting it outta the park in my evaluation of Matt Breida?

He currently leads the NFL in rushing. He was an undrafted free agent when I correctly identified him as a potential star RB in the league. He hadn't even made the team and I said he would be a star. In fact I rated him higher than Dalvin Cook and Leonard Fournette. And thus far he's proving me to be a genius.

I just got a great eye for talent fellas.

hatching_chicks_by_sona26-d5arvja.jpg

Is nobody gonna give me credit for hitting it outta the park in my evaluation of Matt Breida?

He currently leads the NFL in rushing. He was an undrafted free agent when I correctly identified him as a potential star RB in the league. He hadn't even made the team and I said he would be a star. In fact I rated him higher than Dalvin Cook and Leonard Fournette. And thus far he's proving me to be a genius.

I LOVE how fervently you downplay small sample sizes unless it helps your argument. He's at 22 carries and a whopping 36% of his yardage at this point has come from one 66 yarder vs the Lions.

And even IF Brieda turns out to be a quality player your "eye for talent" is still a guy bragging about his handful of nice shots on the course after shooting a 180 for the round.

I LOVE how fervently you downplay small sample sizes unless it helps your argument. He's at 22 carries and a whopping 36% of his yardage at this point has come from one 66 yarder vs the Lions.

And even IF Brieda turns out to be a quality player your "eye for talent" is still a guy bragging about his handful of nice shots on the course after shooting a 180 for the round.

He's an undrafted free agent.

Even if this is his high water mark its still great evaluation on my part to have identified him.

What's really hilarious is, without even seeing what troll is posting, based on responses I can still tell what he said.

I agree, I would even go as far as to say that your eye for talent is elite. Still don’t understand why so many people give you a hard time, I honestly think a lot of it is jealousy.

Correct evaluations of Kamara, Breida and now James Conner have proven you to be more accurate that just about any of the “experts” when it comes to evaluating running backs.

Additionally, we’re not even into week 3 and just as you predicted this off-season Dobbs has played at a very high level and solidified his spot as the clear number 2 ahead of Mason Rudolph AND Big Ben is already banged up—two things you predicted all summer.

If Dobbs becomes the starter and leads them to the super bowl I’m going to need proof that you aren’t a psychic.

Keep up the good work and ignore the haters.

Reactions: Dobbs 4 Heisman
I agree, I would even go as far as to say that your eye for talent is elite. Still don’t understand why so many people give you a hard time, I honestly think a lot of it is jealousy.

Correct evaluations of Kamara, Breida and now James Conner have proven you to be more accurate that just about any of the “experts” when it comes to evaluating running backs.

Additionally, we’re not even into week 3 and just as you predicted this off-season Dobbs has played at a very high level and solidified his spot as the clear number 2 ahead of Mason Rudolph AND Big Ben is already banged up—two things you predicted all summer.

If Dobbs becomes the starter and leads them to the super bowl I’m going to need proof that you aren’t a psychic.

Appreciate it.

I actually enjoy the scrutiny. It makes me raise my game when it comes to these evaluations.

Reactions: IndianapolisVol

FlickeringExaltedGerbil-small.gif

VN Store

Back