Don't Let Up [Video Narrated by Admiral Schofield]

I don't agree with that. Winning is fun. But not every experience in life is a win. And if you can't enjoy moments simply because they are great moments, then you are missing out.

It was a great sporting event atmosphere, and I would never erase it from memory.
If that Oklahoma loss occurred during period with a bunch of great, memorable wins or championships, I bet the thing you remember most about that game is simply that we lost. I remember the losses to Florida during the glory years as huge disappointments, not great sporting events. If we had some big wins to speak of over the last few years, we don't make a hype video centered around that game.

That's what's sad...that game is one of the pinnacles of Tennessee football over the last decade. We had a blue blood CFP team on the ropes for 3.5 quarters and the crowd was nuts, but didn't get the W. It was the most fun, entertaining loss we've had in an era of a ton of them. That's cool that the crowd was loud and they measured just how loud it was, but we still lost. Our fanbase, and I include myself, is beaten down and we don't even realize we're beaten down sometimes. In fact, the most fun Tennessee game I personally attended until the 2016 Florida game was the 2006 LSU game, which was a loss.

I wasn't there for that one but the Last minute FG for the win against the gators was the loudest I've ever seen anywhere. It can't be described when its on in Neyland, and I hope its on on Saturday

Reactions: FlVols
If that Oklahoma loss occurred during period with a bunch of great, memorable wins or championships, I bet the thing you remember most about that game is simply that we lost. I remember the losses to Florida during the glory years as huge disappointments, not great sporting events. If we had some big wins to speak of over the last few years, we don't make a hype video centered around that game.

That's what's sad...that game is one of the pinnacles of Tennessee football over the last decade. We had a blue blood CFP team on the ropes for 3.5 quarters and the crowd was nuts, but didn't get the W. It was the most fun, entertaining loss we've had in an era of a ton of them. That's cool that the crowd was loud and they measured just how loud it was, but we still lost. Our fanbase, and I include myself, is beaten down and we don't even realize we're beaten down sometimes. In fact, the most fun Tennessee game I personally attended until the 2016 Florida game was the 2006 LSU game, which was a loss.
They used that game for reference because it was a night game and it was loud for sure, and because Oklahoma players made statements about Neyland afterwards. Yeah we should've won but either way win or lose it was a great game and an unbelievable experience. I just don't understand why everything is always turned into a negative on here. I understand everyone wants us back to where we were in the 90's and early 2000's but it's not going to happen all of a sudden and threads like "how long should we give Pruitt and Co. before we look for our next coach" ain't going to get us back any quicker. I love when the Vols win as much as anyone else but win or lose being at Neyland and experiencing that kind of environment is amazing.

"The noise was a constant oppressive force. I could literally feel it on my skin."

I've always remembered that quote from one of the Oklahoma linemen.

We need to install a decibel meter beside the jumbotron. That would be motivation to break some records.

Thatd be really cool

That's a great video, lot of production value. However, it shows how far we've fallen. We lost that game he's talking about. We made a hype video centered around a game we lost, and lost in very disappointing fashion.

In a previous era of Tennessee football, that game would be purged from memory. Instead, the reaction of a lot of fans, including myself, is "Oh yeah! Remember how loud the crowd was that night? And we almost won; that would have been a huge victory!"

But 05, Admiral's comments, the video, they weren't about that game. They were about the atmosphere of Neyland stadium. They were about the nature of the venue, not the activity on the field. Those are separable elements.

Those comments could've been about the 2016 Florida game. Or the 2015 Georgia game. Any home game with high excitement, particularly any night game.

See? Separable elements. Don't know why you'd insist on squishing them back together.

But 05, Admiral's comments, the video, they weren't about that game. They were about the atmosphere of Neyland stadium. They were about the atmosphere of the venue, not the activity on the field. Those are separable elements. Don't know why you'd insist on squishing them back together.
Admiral read from Darlington's blog post, which he wrote after that game and was specifically about that game.

Sorry, but the first thing I think about when I think about the 2015 Oklahoma game is blowing that lead and losing. Oklahoma came in, felt the noise on their skin, had their snap counts disrupted, it never let up, etc...and they still won. If you watched that video not knowing what the outcome of the game was, you'd think we surely won. Buzzkill.

It's a great hype video, but let's actually win a big game.

That was the year I think we were beaten by two playoff teams. Oklahoma by 7 and Alabama by 5. We lost two more that year, Florida by 1 and to Arkansas by 4. If I looked it up correctly. Very close to a perfect season. I don't like losing any games but we were competitive that year. I think it was a great video. Go VOLs

Damn, I’ve rewatched it multiple times, and has got me stirring each time. I can’t be there Saturday, but I wished I could miss family stuff to be there. Young man sure has a bright future.

I've always remembered that quote from one of the Oklahoma linemen.

We need to install a decibel meter beside the jumbotron. That would be motivation to break some records.[/QUOTE]

If Volnation can unite to drive off a child molester enabler, maybe we can unite to get a decibel meter...maybe we can start a petition...Anybody in?

Last edited:
Reactions: Knox_Vols17
WHOOOO I've watched this 3 times now and I swear it pumps me up even more every time!

I didn't want to start a new thread but I can't seem to find a video I watched the other day..

I think it was posted within the last few months.. Was a hype video.. About the heroes of Tennessee football. I remember one part of the video John Ward says "He caught it! Where did he catch it!? In the endzone!" and it was basically a video about the past up to the present players of UT Football

Anyone got a link?

I didn't want to start a new thread but I can't seem to find a video I watched the other day..

I think it was posted within the last few months.. Was a hype video.. About the heroes of Tennessee football. I remember one part of the video John Ward says "He caught it! Where did he catch it!? In the endzone!" and it was basically a video about the past up to the present players of UT Football

Anyone got a link?
Not sure if this Facebook link will work.

Reactions: bolvols
I just watched this again... goosebumps. I won't be there tonight, but I hope volnation gives em heck. Let's hope our Vols are able to continually stoke the fire by making plays on the field.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back