'19 TN DT Tymon Mitchell

I always find it funny when people reference the great ones that came from Tennessee as justification for why we should go by stars, build the wall and all that. They never want to reference the Chris Donald's and such who have been all world in HS and complete busts at the college level. If you want a new coach, just say it. Otherwise, enjoy the one we have and let him do what he's paid to do.

I always find it funny when people reference the great ones that came from Tennessee as justification for why we should go by stars, build the wall and all that. They never want to reference the Chris Donald's and such who have been all world in HS and complete busts at the college level. If you want a new coach, just say it. Otherwise, enjoy the one we have and let him do what he's paid to do.
I think it's laughable (maybe I should think it's sad🤔), and actually quite mental, when someone who does anything else besides coach football and recruit prospects, think they know more about coaching football and recruiting prospects, than a man who has won 5 National Championships and been a National Recruiter of the Year, by coaching football and recruiting prospects.
Isn't that what is called 'delusions of grandeur'?

You’re not Bruce Lee in this scenario. You’re the guy out back in the alley, catching a beatdown.

Stay down.
Ha! You must be 12 or your grandson posts under your handle. You belligerent guys haven't done anything except claim you "know" we didn't want him anyway and we're "not pushing" for him anymore. Blah, blah, blah. Whatever helps you sleep at night, now, continue your sunshine pumping circle jerk.

And for the record I hope you guys are right, and that this is all part of the master plan and Pruitt spotted some flaw in Mitchell that means he actually is not better than any of the DT's we currently have committed, despite that being the consensus of all of the recruiting services, and despite him apparently being good enough for Kirby Smart, but again a lot your rationalizations are based on hope not reason, which is fine, as long as you don't lie to yourself about it. As I said 20 posts ago, fortunately I think Pruitt is more of a realist than some of you guys are, he doesn't mind facing facts or uncomfortable truths.

Last edited:
And for the record I hope you guys are right, and that this is all part of the master plan and Pruitt spotted some flaw in Mitchell that means he actually is not better than any of the DT's we currently have committed, despite that being the consensus of all of the recruiting services, and despite him apparently being good enough for Kirby Smart, but again a lot your rationalizations are based on hope not reason, which is fine, as long as you don't lie to yourself about it. As I said 20 posts ago, fortunately I think Pruitt is more of a realist than some of you guys are, he doesn't mind facing facts or uncomfortable truths.
Enjoy a pissing contest do you? This is only the 10th thread about in state recruiting. Did you really need to start another?

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
Enjoy a pissing contest do you? This is only the 10th thread about in state recruiting. Did you really need to start another?
I didn't start this thread, nor did I start this argument, or the hostility. Some of this back and forth is good discussion, and some of these folks have arguing styles that are the intellectual equivalent of farting with their armpits.

Lol at people worried about losing TN recruits to UGA. We have 7 of the top 75 GA players and are expected to get one or two more. GA HS football >>>>>>>>>>>> TN HS football so who cares where our fruits come from. Most TN kids didn't grow up fans of TN anyway. Give me the best and Let's ride!

Lol at people worried about losing TN recruits to UGA. We have 7 of the top 75 GA players and are expected to get one or two more. GA HS football >>>>>>>>>>>> TN HS football so who cares where our fruits come from. Most TN kids didn't grow up fans of TN anyway. Give me the best and Let's ride!
Alabama and Georgia each have 7 of the top 100 players in the nation, you'd think we'd have a better shot at getting some of these guys in close proximity, now I know Mitchell is not Top 100, but he's a good player who was nearby and we could have used him IN ADDITION to getting some choice players from elsewhere. As I said many, many posts ago, I agree we can make it up by pulling people from elsewhere, but I hate this "we didn't want him anyway" historical revisionism. I said the same thing to some Georgia fans in the Savion Williams thread a few weeks ago when they started saying they didn't want Savion after he committed to us, even though he had visited them 2 weeks earlier. In this case, just read the pages of this thread, the spin started as soon as it looked like we weren't going to get Mitchell.

The Mitchell/UGA recruitment has been a weird one. They weren't even mentioned until UGA wanted Logue. Then all of a sudden you hear about Norton, logue , mitchell wanting to play together. Just came off to me as Uga knowing we would still recruit Norton and logue but think having all 3 makes it even less likely the other 2 flip.

The staff wanted Norton. Eventually they wanted logue but he was butthurt. They passed on Mitchell

Reactions: SugarCC
I think they definitely wanted and still do want Norton. Beyond that, Charles Moore looks to be very, very, high on their list of DE's. After that I think the board is Joseph Anderson and Logue. Don't be surprised if we are in play for Rashad Cheney when it is all said and done.

At DT, Kristian Williams did very well at camp and gained his offer from UT. Both he and Tymon camped closed to the same time this past spring. It looks as if once Kristian stood out and received his offer, the staff started to cool on Mitchell. Tymon Mitchell seemed to be way down the Georgia DT board from the spring and it tells you the misses that have occurred for them at this position.

Alabama and Georgia each have 7 of the top 100 players in the nation, you'd think we'd have a better shot at getting some of these guys in close proximity, now I know Mitchell is not Top 100, but he's a good player who was nearby and we could have used him IN ADDITION to getting some choice players from elsewhere. As I said many, many posts ago, I agree we can make it up by pulling people from elsewhere, but I hate this "we didn't want him anyway" historical revisionism. I said the same thing to some Georgia fans in the Savion Williams thread a few weeks ago when they started saying they didn't want Savion after he committed to us, even though he had visited them 2 weeks earlier. In this case, just read the pages of this thread, the spin started as soon as it looked like we weren't going to get Mitchell.

We are getting good players committing to us. Who the heck cares about their proximity? Once we start knocking out consistent double digit win seasons and are competing for SEC and National Championships again, we can cherry pick who we want from wherever. Until then, the coaches will take who best fits what they want to do and to heck with their geographical location. That was part of the previous staff's problem. They focused to much on getting in state players when there were better players available. This staff will recruit the best and we are pulling a good portion. Everybody can just ease up on the geographical proximity of the recruits to TN. It matters exactly zero.

Jaylen McCullough is a big get, I guarantee you wouldn't have to look very hard to find some loser talk on the Alabama, Auburn, or South Carolina boards about how they didn't want him anyway.

He'd be our highest rated DT today, Alabama and Georgia, if you watch they rotate those lines, they both probably played 12 against us a piece last year, they cross train them. If Mitchell wanted to come here we'd have found a place for him. I'll drop a "boom" if we get a Crouch, etc. though.

Its evals by coaches and recruiting departments, not rankings by some sporting site sports WRITERS whove never played at a competetive level in lives.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Jaylen McCullough is a big get, I guarantee you wouldn't have to look very hard to find some loser talk on the Alabama, Auburn, or South Carolina boards about how they didn't want him anyway.
Do they have their own unfrozencvman/Tide/Tiger/Cock to call them out on their duplicity?

VN Store

Back