'19 TN DT Tymon Mitchell

Nothing is controversial about wanting those players. Acting like we're screwed because we didn't get them is what the issue with yer take was imo.
I didn't act like we were screwed, I responded to the first person who questioned me, that we could make it up elsewhere.
So you disregard the fact that it appeared he was UT's to lose and then after a few camps Pruitt decided he wanted other DT's more than Mitchell?
You don't know what Pruitt decided.

I didn't act like we were screwed, I responded to the first person who questioned me, that we could make it up elsewhere.
Neither do you.
And your first post...no, you didn't say we are screwed, you said the way Pruitt is recruiting instate is "unacceptable." I questioned you because I believe you to be wrong.

I said it was unacceptable as a trend, if you read any of my multiple response posts I explained what I meant. I also expressed confidence in Pruitt like 10 posts ago. Honestly, I think some of you guys are carrying over a fight you have had with previous posters on this thread (which I have just gone back and read to try to understand the sensitivities here), to this conversation with me. I simply want us to be good and to get back to being good as soon as possible. To do that, we need bodies along the lines, big bodies, the more the better, and we need to develop this depth as quickly as possible, so I hate like hell seeing the Mays and the Mitchell's, who we ought to have a pretty good shot at getting go elsewhere. Especially, Georgia. It makes us have to pull off some tougher recruiting assignments, it seems to me the sustainable path to adequate depth for us is to get these high percentage in-state lineman, and then win our share of 50/50, 30/70, 10/90 propositions out of state like Wanya, who was a huge coup, if we can hold on to him.

Neither do you.
I never acted like I had inside knowledge of Pruitt's thoughts either though, and I never buy this "oh, he went somewhere else, we didn't want him anyway" spin. That's sour grapes loser talk. It's garbage when Grayson Dawg comes in here slinging it about Wanya Morris and it's garbage for our folks to say it about Mitchell or Norton.

I said it was unacceptable as a trend, if you read any of my multiple response posts I explained what I meant. I also expressed confidence in Pruitt like 10 posts ago. Honestly, I think some of you guys are carrying over a fight you have had with previous posters on this thread (which I have just gone back and read to try to understand the sensitivities here), to this conversation with me. I simply want us to be good and to get back to being good as soon as possible. To do that, we need bodies along the lines, big bodies, the more the better, and we need to develop this depth as quickly as possible, so I hate like hell seeing the Mays and the Mitchell's, who we ought to have a pretty good shot at getting go elsewhere. Especially, Georgia. It makes us have to pull off some tougher recruiting assignments, it seems to me the sustainable path to adequate depth for us is to get these high percentage in-state lineman, and then win our share of 50/50, 30/70, 10/90 propositions out of state like Wanya, who was a huge coup, if we can hold on to him.
Do you not like who we have committed now with Elijah Simmon 345lbs. Middleton 6'7" 290. Cox 310. Savion Williams 314lbs. Then smaller super athletic Clemons and Harris. We good IMO.

Shewww. Thank goodness we get to rehash this in-state debate again. I was afraid it would go away.

Do you not like who we have committed now with Elijah Simmon 345lbs. Middleton 6'7" 290. Cox 310. Savion Williams 314lbs. Then smaller super athletic Clemons and Harris. We good IMO.
I like all those guys, we just need more for the wars to come.

Pruitt had a chance to push hard on Mitchell if he wanted. He did at one point. When he decided he didn't want to come compete at camp Pruitt looked the other way and found a kid who wanted to camp to replace him. And also pursuing the Memphis DT that came to camp with a jacked up hamstring and didn't use it as an excuse not to come.

If you don't camp and someone at your position camps and look just as good as you if not better they will take the kid that camps every time because they know what they are getting

Pruitt had a chance to push hard on Mitchell if he wanted. He did at one point. When he decided he didn't want to come compete at camp Pruitt looked the other way and found a kid who wanted to camp to replace him. And also pursuing the Memphis DT that came to camp with a jacked up hamstring and didn't use it as an excuse not to come.

If you don't camp and someone at your position camps and look just as good as you if not better they will take the kid that camps every time because they know what they are getting
Maybe, or maybe Pruitt read the tea leaves and decided his time was better spent somewhere else at this point. Mitchell's been on our board for awhile, if we had landed him today many booms and cornbreads would have been wielded.

Maybe, or maybe Pruitt read the tea leaves and decided his time was better spent somewhere else at this point. Mitchell's been on our board for awhile, if we had landed him today many booms and cornbreads would have been wielded.
Either way, doesn't really matter. Every time a Tennessee kid commits somewhere else somebody starts a new thread or comes in his thread and talks about how unacceptable it is to lose instate kids. It's a silly repetitive argument that gets annoying. Sure Mitchell is a good prospect and Pruitt may have wanted him. I know I did. He was one of my favorite DT prospects we've been mentioned with this year. But that has absolutely zero to do with where he's from. I like instate guys as much as the next guy. For a state like Texas or Georgia. Getting instate guys is priority number 1. For a state like Tennessee who is far inferior to many of those states at producing high school talent, it is no where near priority number one from a geographical recruiting standpoint. I don't think you've been unreasonable in yer statements. I'm just explaining why you are getting the response you are. It's not about posters being sensitive about this issue. It's that yer original take gets posted in every instate thread and then an argument about instate recruiting drags on for days in said thread. And yeah, the we didn't want him anyway gets thrown out way too much, but sometimes there is some indication of it. Like in the beginning we were going hard after Mitchell then we didn't seem to be recruiting him very hard at all. Maybe like you said, Pruitt read tea leaves. But honestly how often does a coach stop recruiting a guy he really wants because he thinks he might be leaning another direction. Is that more likely than Pruitt liked him and a couple other guys about as much and said "Ok, first come first serve." And the other guys wanted to be here more so they are. We do technically have 2 DL commits from Tennessee as well if that makes this any more "acceptable". Haha.

How many DTs do you want to take? We have 4 true DTs committed right now and 18 overall. You rather have this dude over Wright? Bogle? Crouch? Curry?
He'd be our highest rated DT today, Alabama and Georgia, if you watch they rotate those lines, they both probably played 12 against us a piece last year, they cross train them. If Mitchell wanted to come here we'd have found a place for him. I'll drop a "boom" if we get a Crouch, etc. though.

Sleegro, thanks man, when I went back and read several back pages of this thread I understood a little better that I was probably taking some fire for some other folks. It was kind of fun though, like one of those old kung fu movies where ten ninjas jump out and attack Bruce Lee in rapid succession, lol.

We were his leader this summer. We saw more kids at camp over the summer. We decided to push for a commitment from a different DT and stopped pushing for him. That all happened way before he committed to UGA. So it's kind of hard to claim this is a "we didn't want him anyways" when all this happened way before he committed?
That happens. Sometimes fans claim "we didn't want him anyways" and its not true. It's sour grapes. But that is not the case with most of these instate kids. That is what these sky is falling because of instate recruiting guys keep failing to grasp.
We did want some instate kids that are committed elsewhere. We missed on a few. But not many. CJP does not care about recruiting rankings. He passed on multiple 4 stars instate because he didn't like them.

I never acted like I had inside knowledge of Pruitt's thoughts either though, and I never buy this "oh, he went somewhere else, we didn't want him anyway" spin. That's sour grapes loser talk. It's garbage when Grayson Dawg comes in here slinging it about Wanya Morris and it's garbage for our folks to say it about Mitchell or Norton.
Norton, we want...Mitchell, we don't; that's the brass tacks, man. And that's not, "sour grapes loser talk", it's just the way it is. Pruitt fell off Mitchell awhile back; Norton, he is still recruiting.
The question I guess you have to answer is: do you believe Pruitt has made a mistake by falling off Mitchell and some of the others? Im guessing your answer is yes, because you called it "unacceptable."
I believe there is only two instate kids, committed elsewhere, that we truly are hot on the trail to flip, those being Norton and Maurice Hampton, and maybe Kane Patterson, but if we can flip a Pappoe or land a To'oto'o, then no harm at all.
The others, it's TRULY not that big of a deal.

Sleegro, thanks man, when I went back and read several back pages of this thread I understood a little better that I was probably taking some fire for some other folks. It was kind of fun though, like one of those old kung fu movies where ten ninjas jump out and attack Bruce Lee in rapid succession, lol.
No worries. It's all love. And some hate. Actually lots of hate. But we all want the same thing on game day. Haha

Reactions: LaagerVol
Norton, we want...Mitchell, we don't; that's the brass tacks, man. And that's not, "sour grapes loser talk", it's just the way it is. Pruitt fell off Mitchell awhile back; Norton, he is still recruiting.
The question I guess you have to answer is: do you believe Pruitt has made a mistake by falling off Mitchell and some of the others? Im guessing your answer is yes, because you called it "unacceptable."
I believe there is only two instate kids, committed elsewhere, that we truly are hot on the trail to flip, those being Norton and Maurice Hampton, and maybe Kane Patterson, but if we can flip a Pappoe or land a To'oto'o, then no harm at all.
The others, it's TRULY not that big of a deal.
Missed opportunity for brass tax. Imo

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
You’re not Bruce Lee in this scenario. You’re the guy out back in the alley, catching a beatdown.

Stay down.

Why is unacceptable that a player goes to a rival school when he did not have a commitable offer from TN?

VN Store

Back