No American Flag?

1) Not a fan of the author or the article itself.

2) They are banning other flags as well.

3) If a flag (whether the US flag or another flag) presents a "barrier", you're not "unamerican" as the other charges, you're just a *****. Fits the stereotype of California pretty well.

Reactions: 1 person
California and New York are the leaders in dumbass bans and dumbasses period.

Reactions: 2 people
Nothing like sh!tting on the country that gave you everything.

They'll be complaining when they graduate that America sucks because no one is hiring medieval art history majors with a minor in 1349 Bubonic Plague literature...or maybe they just found out they wont have any work outside of waiting tables after college and they are upset.

Reactions: 5 people
“Designing a culturally inclusive space aims to remove barriers that create undue effort and separation by planning and designing spaces that enable everyone to participate equally and confidentially,” read the resolution authored by Matthew Guevara.

So culturally inclusive now means anti-American. Good to know.

They should remove all of their federal funding as well..you know..to destroy barriers and promote cultural inclusiveness..

Reactions: 4 people
Nothing like sh!tting on the country that gave you everything.

Maybe they are anti government not anti country. The flag does represent a government that has done terrible, terrible things. You may choose to ignore them. I have very conflicted feelings about the flag. It represents some great things as well.

Reactions: 3 people
Is the student govt office/lobby not the property of the University, ergo the State of CA? If so, then how do these students have any say so over the American flag on display at a state institution? A punk spends a little time in college and he believes he's an elite thinker when all he really has is a bad case of rectal cranial inversion. Dumb@$$ gonna dumb@$$.

Maybe they are anti government not anti country. The flag does represent a government that has done terrible, terrible things. You may choose to ignore them. I have very conflicted feelings about the flag. It represents some great things as well.

It also represents the federal funding that they are getting, the grants, the student loans, the pours border that their forefathers poured across illegally, etc. They can pound sand.

Love it or leave it!

The same thing could have been said to Patrick Henry, Andrew Jackson, Lincoln, William Lloyd Garrison, Grimke sisters, Harriet Tubman, MLK, Malcolm X, Mother Jones, Eugene V Debs, Mario Savio, Cesar Chavez.

Some of our greatest Americans we told the same thing.

Reactions: 8 people
It also represents the federal funding that they are getting, the grants, the student loans, the pours border that their forefathers poured across illegally, etc. They can pound sand.

So they need to revere the government that transfers wealth? Sounds like conservative thinking to me.

The same thing could have been said to Patrick Henry, Andrew Jackson, Lincoln, William Lloyd Garrison, Grimke sisters, Harriet Tubman, MLK, Malcolm X, Mother Jones, Eugene V Debs, Mario Savio, Cesar Chavez.

Some of our greatest Americans we told the same thing.

Most of those you listed I would say were working to make this a better country. I can't draw the parallel that banning our country's flag somehow makes this a better country.

And one final thought about the vandals who keep taking down the flag in the dark of night. I wonder if Mr. Zomorrodian has considered asking the university’s ROTC program for help. I suspect a handful of young soldiers might be able to nip that problem in the bud.

+1

Most of those you listed I would say were working to make this a better country. I can't draw the parallel that banning our country's flag somehow makes this a better country.

Hindsight tells you today that they were working for a better country, but at the time, many of their actions were viewed in the same context as what these students at UC are doing.

So they need to revere the government that transfers wealth? Sounds like conservative thinking to me.

It's called not biting the hand that feeds you. Let's just call the brass tacks principle of what they are doing what it really is.

Horse ****.

There is in no way, shape or form any cultural bias against flying a national flag on US soil on a US university that very likely received federal funding in some shape or form. And even taking the economic factors out of the equation, that's still a university on US soil. So either they make a move to voluntarily remove themselves from the United States and become the Republic of Irvine or STFU and accept the facts as they stand.

I agree with other posters. Either accept it or GTFO. You don't like the symbol of your nation because of things they might have done in the past? GTFO and live somewhere else that's not so supposedly imperialistic.

It's called not biting the hand that feeds you. Let's just call the brass tacks principle of what they are doing what it really is.

Horse ****.

There is in no way, shape or form any cultural bias against flying a national flag on US soil on a US university that very likely received federal funding in some shape or form. And even taking the economic factors out of the equation, that's still a university on US soil. So either they make a move to voluntarily remove themselves from the United States and become the Republic of Irvine or STFU and accept the facts as they stand.

I agree with other posters. Either accept it or GTFO. You don't like the symbol of your nation because of things they might have done in the past? GTFO and live somewhere else that's not so supposedly imperialistic.

What if it's also stuff the country is doing in the present? I don't want them to ban the flag because I prefer freedom of speech but the government deserves none of my acceptance. I feel like accepting would be immoral.

Last edited:
What if it's also stuff the country is doing in the present? I don't want to ban the flag cause I prefer freedom of speech but the government deserves none of my acceptance. I feel like accepting would be immoral.

Do you pay your taxes? By your definition you are accepting the .gov's right to take your money. Is not that immoral also?

VN Store

Back