Petition to rehire Bruce Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever re-hired someone you fired?

Yes...

I have done it multiple times.

Sometimes you have to send a message that they are not bigger than the business.

Then when they figure it out and call you up asking for a second chance, if you feel they mean it, you give it to them.

Reactions: 2 people
Certainly for Bruce Pearl coming back, but it can't happen until CCM totally fails. I hope he doesn't fail I want Tennessee to make the NCAA. If he wins the last four games our rpi will be 43 and sos 27. That is a tournament team. So if that happens all the BBB talk is no longer valid because Tennessee will not fire CCM if he makes the NCAA. He will be back to coach the team next season. So right now it is wait and see what the team does and until that is determined all talk of Bruce or any other coach has no value.

We could also use some life in the track program. It would be wonderful to have some speedsters there who join football too like in the past. I think Butch would smile about some additional speed from a Sam Graddy or Willie Gault. I for one am cautiously optimistic Tn has turned a corner in baseball and football and will find a BB coach to do the same. We need Bruce or a clone to sell this again and build excitement. I was hesitant about Martin when I heard his style, but had he won like Wisconsin or Bobby Knight then I guess we could have embraced it. He didn't so it is time to put some fun back into bb.

IF the powers that be fire CCM, they have to at least consider Bruce in the conversation because of all the talk, locally and nationally. If they don't even consider Bruce, I'm afraid there won't be enough mattresses in Knoxville to go around for the Big Bruce Burn.

Just thinkin out loud here but what if the plan was the university knew pearl was gonna get suspended 3 years for his actions so they hire a guy to stable the program a few years to keep the basketball program out of the ncaas eyes till the suspension of a coach is done

Just thinkin out loud here but what if the plan was the university knew pearl was gonna get suspended 3 years for his actions so they hire a guy to stable the program a few years to keep the basketball program out of the ncaas eyes till the suspension of a coach is done

When Cuonzo was hired I heard that mentioned but I didn't really give it much credibility but after seeing how this has played out it makes one wonder. The way Coach Martin has that "I really don't care" demeanor, I'm beginning to entertain that as a possibility. Not as far fetched as it once was IMO.

First off, I signed the petition. Second, what Coach Pearl did back then was wrong. Third, who hasn't screwed up in their life before? Fourth, those not wanting Bruce back because of his error are the ones that take a morning stroll across their local body of water with only the soles of their feet getting wet. Fifth, it is time to end the suffering of the gonzo era. Fire him and bring back Bruce Pearl.

Reactions: 3 people
First off, I signed the petition. Second, what Coach Pearl did back then was wrong. Third, who hasn't screwed up in their life before? Fourth, those not wanting Bruce back because of his error are the ones that take a morning stroll across their local body of water with only the soles of their feet getting wet. Fifth, it is time to end the suffering of the gonzo era. Fire him and bring back Bruce Pearl.

Witch Doctor heard a couple talking about rehiring someone youve fired..good point..BUT the beauty is Hart never has hired or fired Pearl..clean slate. Not like the AD who Petrino left then had to rehire him..thats grovelling. Not for Hart, he can be the hero of Vol nation!
BBB
Bones never lie.
80-90% of Vol fans want Pearl Back!! (wild guess, but I would venture true) Keep posting that petition, its a vote of support now! go vols!!

Last edited:
e8ar8lWe have posters on here that say they will support Pearl if he is brought back but their actions portrayed as being a devils advocate is just another ploy to smear Pearl.

Witch Doctor say...
Also support the idea of Cuonzo staying on as an assistant. really hes never going to get a chance this big again..realistic, and hes going back to a 300k gig for life..just dreaming...I know, its a good dream though. makes me want to buy a lot of DANG popcorn for some odd reason!! haha
Bones never lie.
*the simplest answer is the right one 90% of the time.Common sense really? . Bruce is coming home I do believe.W_D not always LISTEN to commons sense and.IM guessing REALLY?? but ..think about it. Hart iss a salesman..BOOM?..kidding about the CM asst.

I see no way Cuonzo would accept an assistant job HERE.

Reactions: 1 person

It's a good conspiracy theory but I can't see that being a reality. In truth it may work out that way but I can't believe it was actually planned out that way.

Your fourth point misses the point that most anti-Bruce people make. But frankly I've grown tired of expressing the fact that I can disagree with rehiring Pearl without being a Martin defender, a judgmental hypocrite or simply a hater.

Reactions: 3 people
Your fourth point misses the point that most anti-Bruce people make. But frankly I've grown tired of expressing the fact that I can disagree with rehiring Pearl without being a Martin defender, a judgmental hypocrite or simply a hater.

Well said, even though I'm BBB.

Yes...

I have done it multiple times.

Sometimes you have to send a message that they are not bigger than the business.

Then when they figure it out and call you up asking for a second chance, if you feel they mean it, you give it to them.

I've done the same thing and they have worked out great. I've also done it and regretted it 2 weeks later.

PHP:
You have never been one that I have read to cast stones. I have no problem at all with diverse opinions. I just think it is ridiculous for some to continually harp on Pearl's previous mistakes as if they have never made any.

Reactions: 1 person

Nobody says you can't be a Pearl hater and a Cuonzo hater at the same time. Your opinion is as valid as anyone's. If everybody had the same opinions this place would be pretty dull.

PHP:
You have never been one that I have read to cast stones. I have no problem at all with diverse opinions. I just think it is ridiculous for some to continually harp on Pearl's previous mistakes as if they have never made any.

The problem with that is that the "haven't you ever made a mistake?" argument is a complete red herring and is usually an attempt to minimize Pearl's mistake down to "just a BBQ".

I don't like the moralizers either, but like it or not, the hypocrites still have a point when talking about Pearl's past. It's just a matter of how willing you are to look past it.

Try not to cry, lol. I realize Pearl's actions had a large role in the current state of our bball program - but CM has taken us to a new low every year. It's time for Bruce.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6ApObKl0s8&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Reactions: 5 people
The problem with that is that the "haven't you ever made a mistake?" argument is a complete red herring and is usually an attempt to minimize Pearl's mistake down to "just a BBQ".

I don't like the moralizers either, but like it or not, the hypocrites still have a point when talking about Pearl's past. It's just a matter of how willing you are to look past it.

Done looked past and forgiven on my part LOL

IMO, any successful coach is a snake. You almost have to be. I have no issues with Pearl coaching here but I wouldn't mind taking a look around. Point is...I do NOT want Martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back