Petition to rehire Bruce Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.
AJ Johnson just got arrested, he has to be a good boy for what 6 months and charges are dropped?

Littering isn't a huge deal, but it would probably be in his best interest not to do so no?

Point being, when you've gotten yourself under a microscope, you better not look even the wrong way or you're gonna get smacked, and that's what happened.

Thats some philosophy major critical thinking right there. Perfect illustration.

And still doesn't change ticket gate.

According to an anonymous source, a Tennessee basketball player received extra tickets to UT’s March 6 home game against Kentucky during CBP's final year at UT. The infraction constituted a secondary violation by the coaching staff (per the source) but the “infraction” was handled internally, with the price of the tickets reimbursed by the player.

Per the NCAA Compliance Manual, Rule 16.2.1.1 - Institutional Events in the Student-Athlete’s Sport, an institution may provide four complimentary admissions per home or away intercollegiate athletics event to a student-athlete in the sport in which the individual participates (either practices or competes), regardless of whether the student-athlete competes in the contest. Moreover, the Rules require that Complimentary Admissions shall be provided only through a pass list for individuals designated by the student-athlete. “Hard tickets” shall not be issued. A violation of this administrative procedure shall be considered an institutional violation per Constitution 2.8.1. (Rule 16.2.1.2) The individual using the complimentary admission must present identification to the person supervising the use of the pass list at the admission gate. The individual then shall be provided a ticket stub or other identification of a specified reserved seat or seating area or treated as a general-admission ticket holder. (Rule 16.2.1.2.1) However a violation/infraction shall not affect the student-athlete's eligibility unless he received something of value for the extra benefit.

Bruce Pearl was the head coach when the aforementioned ticket “infraction” occurred however he did not participate in the administration of the “pass list”. In fact, UT has a website in place per NCAA requirements for student-athletes to obtain their complimentary admissions known as “The Guest Management System for University of Tennessee Athletics”. The student- athlete must use his or her “login” and “password” to access the system. If a men’s basketball player encounters a problem using the system, the website instructed him to contact Karen Seal at UT, not Bruce Pearl.

It is laughable to lay the blame for the ticket infraction at Pearl’s feet. “Hard tickets” are not even distributed to student-athletes. The infraction was a minor, was reported to the NCAA and that was the end of it except for the media members that piled on and fans such as yourself.

Reactions: 2 people
Lmao if Stokes got busted with extra tickets, there would be Zo is in charge this ultimately falls on him posts. You know, he's in charge of the basketball program, so this ultimately is his responsibility.

The hypocrisy is crazy.

The point is simple, Pearl was on thin ice, and he broke the ice with his actions after the press conference.

W_D say..
24000! BOOM! National media picking up on it(9 new re publishes today!.. BOOM !!
BBB !!
Bones never lie.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Lmao if Stokes got busted with extra tickets, there would be Zo is in charge this ultimately falls on him posts. You know, he's in charge of the basketball program, so this ultimately is his responsibility.

The hypocrisy is crazy.

The point is simple, Pearl was on thin ice, and he broke the ice with his actions after the press conference.

I wouldn't say a word about a ticket infraction with any current player because they would reimburse the university the price of the tickets and go on. The point you fail to grasp is that the ticket infraction was reported to the NCAA as it supposed to be shortly after the occurrence. It was not until the information was released to the media that there were any questions about it. There was no sanction whatsoever for the alleged Hopson "ticket-gate".

I guess I must have missed all the threads and criticisms of CCM and his three secondary violations. I must have also missed the outrage of the media and faith Vol fans such as yourself.

And all of those posts I made calling CCM out for 3 secondary violations..... wait a minute I did not make any posts criticizing CCM and staff for that.

I wouldn't say a word about a ticket infraction with any current player because they would reimburse the university the price of the tickets and go on. The point you fail to grasp is that the ticket infraction was reported to the NCAA as it supposed to be shortly after the occurrence. It was not until the information was released to the media that there were any questions about it. There was no sanction whatsoever for the alleged Hopson "ticket-gate".

I guess I must have missed all the threads and criticisms of CCM and his three secondary violations. I must have also missed the outrage of the media and faith Vol fans such as yourself.

And all of those posts I made calling CCM out for 3 secondary violations..... wait a minute I did not make any posts criticizing CCM and staff for that.

You honestly don't understand the difference in the 2 situations?

Which donors?

You tell me.

Multiple Knoxville media outlets are saying it's not gonna happen, and that they've been told by high level donors they would never bring him back.

I admit, I personally don't know any of them, but wouldn't it sell their station more to speak the complete opposite if they were making up lies?

I see the Clay Travis article, and some national ones, but they're just giving an opinion on what Tennessee should do. Have you heard anyone around Knoxville saying they're hearing it's likely???

There is no difference between the two miniscule violations. They used it against Pearl as a PR move is all.

Lmao if you truly don't think there's a difference.

Like I said, AJ Johnson gets pulled over driving drunk, what happens? What of McRae does the same?

Same outcome for both? When you're already in trouble, you've got a lot less wiggle room than someone who's not been in any trouble.

If you care to know about how athlete drug testing is administered please check out my post on page 97. To say Pearl covered up a positive drug test by one of his players is laughable and misleading. No one associated with the AD and the basketball program is permitted to disclose the results of a drug test. If there is a failed drug test, there are set penalties for each violation including suspension and expulsion from the program. So when a player has a positive test (s) and suspension, neither the coaches nor the administration can divulge that the suspension was due to positive drug test so they have to say violation of team rules or injury. That is not a cover-up; it is UT Athletic Department Policy.

So yes they were trying to discredit CBP considering the AD leaked the info to the media and spun it as a Pearl cover-up knowing that the local media hacks would not take time to investigate the matter.

Lofton failed a drug test -- that's how they found out he had cancer --extra testosterone showed up on the test but it was due to the cancer.

Witch Doctor like to hear (beside Basillo) who said it wasnt going to happen saying BIG money donors told them...I hate bs name names I dont live in that radio market or paper..not seen anything besides basillo MAKING wild claims..nothing new lol
anyone know? anyone else hearing this on multiple news outlets around knoxville? lol
BBB
Bones never lie.
who else said the BIG MONEY DONORS told them it wouldnt happen? who?
cue Jeopardy theme music lol

Last edited:
Lmao if you truly don't think there's a difference.

Like I said, AJ Johnson gets pulled over driving drunk, what happens? What of McRae does the same?

Same outcome for both? When you're already in trouble, you've got a lot less wiggle room than someone who's not been in any trouble.

If Pearl got caught driving drunk, I would not want him as my coach. Driving drunk is risking lives.....dont think it compares to two extra tickets he may or may not have known about.

Reactions: 1 person
You tell me.

Multiple Knoxville media outlets are saying it's not gonna happen, and that they've been told by high level donors they would never bring him back.

I admit, I personally don't know any of them, but wouldn't it sell their station more to speak the complete opposite if they were making up lies?

I see the Clay Travis article, and some national ones, but they're just giving an opinion on what Tennessee should do. Have you heard anyone around Knoxville saying they're hearing it's likely???

Who besides Basilio?

Lofton failed a drug test -- that's how they found out he had cancer --extra testosterone showed up on the test but it was due to the cancer.

I thought he had a physical prior to the start of the NCAAT and that's how it was found. I didn't know he failed a drug test.

You tell me.

You are really using the radio stations around town lol? I know one donor that for a fact didn't support the firing of Pearl and that's H T Hackney. All the other "donors" that didn't support him are hearsay.

I don't even think Basilio is a hardcore no anymore.

Speaking of his show, Dale Ellis was on it today. Did anyone listen? They'll likely have it up later.

Wish we had his number retired earlier in the season. I'm afraid TBA will be a ghost town Sat. Especially if we poop the bed tomorrow.

Last edited:
Also....Clay Travis is saying big boosters want the Pearl to return. I know it's Clay Travis but...this is fun to watch!

Wish we had his Number Retirement earlier in the season. I'm afraid TBA will be a ghost town Sat. Especially if we poop the bed tomorrow.

They should have had his jersey retirement Pearl's first game back to give Ellis the proper applause he deserves from 20k instead of 10k fans.

I thought he had a physical prior to the start of the NCAAT and that's how it was found. I didn't know he failed a drug test.

Pretty sure he had a drug test too and that he was going to get in trouble for it initially but that the failed test wound up setting off further tests that proved he wasn't doping but discovered the cancer. The type of cancer he had would've caused a positive test result of a drug test. Maybe they gave him a drug test as a part of that physical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back