How have Bama become this good?

Actually, Stephen, the NCAA Committee on Infractions described the University of Alabama, in 2009, as a "serial repeat violator" with an "abysmal infractions track record" and an "extensive recent history of infractions cases unmatched by any other member institution in the NCAA" (More on UA's textbook appeal: NCAA Committee on Infractions tagged UA as a 'serial repeat violator' with an 'abysmal' record | al.com). Having said that, Saban is an extraordinary coach and consistently outrecruits the rest of the country.

Bear Bryant was a legendary coach at Alabama but, in my opinion, Saban has elevated Alabama's play to a consistency that can be described as more truly machine-like. They win the way Neyland did quite frankly, with stifling defense and a tough running game. The fact that their offensive lines typically are so good that McCarron almost never gets his jersey dirty certainly doesn't hurt either.

Reactions: 2 people
They had a 5 star running back playing scout team this week.

How is that even possible in a system with rules devised to even the recruiting playing field?

Reactions: 6 people
They had a 5 star running back playing scout team this week.

How is that even possible in a system with rules devised to even the recruiting playing field?

There's really only one answer but there's a lot of folks who don't want to upset the applecart so some journalist will have to catch them with a smoking gun.

I know this may sound like a silly question, so please forgive me.....

Can someone explain how Bama are as good as they are?

Is it really just good coaching and recruiting or are they violating some rules here?

I just get the impression that if the NCAA did a proper investigation, they would come down like a ton of bricks....

Maybe I am just trying to find an excuse for the loss, I don't know, but they are in a different league to the rest of the sport, to the point where it is becoming suspicious.....

Any explanation would be great.

GO VOLS.

recruiting. 4 and 5 star kids. Dooley was recruiting 2, 3, and some 4 star kids. It add up over the years.

I am going to make a return to the zone soon, just been too captivated in the Football topics recently. What's up with my grammar?

? If you're talking about "Bama have" and "Bama are", the Brits use plural forms of verbs for teams, even when the team name is singular. True, sounds strange.

This would explain it.

Saban is a great football coach. A stage 4 prick, but a great coach. They have a good football tradition. From an NCAA compliance standpoint, It's my opinion that they can basically do whatever the hell they want as long as Emmert is on the throne of the NCAA.

Exactly what I was going to say...good coaching, good player development & they're excellent at cheating.

Reactions: 7 people

Is it really just good coaching and recruiting or are they violating some rules here?

I just get the impression that if the NCAA did a proper investigation, they would come down like a ton of bricks....

Maybe I am just trying to find an excuse for the loss, I don't know, but they are in a different league to the rest of the sport, to the point where it is becoming suspicious.....

GO VOLS.

It all comes down to one thing, Nick Saban. He rebuilt LSU and has done the same at Alabama. He is the best coach and highly rated recruits want o play for him. When you can recruit as good as he can, you become that good.

Julio Jones was driving a tricked out late model escalade ( with no job) while his single mom raising younger kids worked as an assistant manager at Church's fried chicken.

It really isn't that hard to figure out. Bama is dirty, always has been and always will be.

Reactions: 12 people
It all comes down to one thing, Nick Saban. He rebuilt LSU and has done the same at Alabama. He is the best coach and highly rated recruits want o play for him. When you can recruit as good as he can, you become that good.

You have to think about the circumstances that most elite prospects are coming from. Future prospects in the pros and payola are what they're looking for. I'm sure we played the game plenty when we could get away with it.

Julio Jones was driving a tricked out late model escalade ( with no job) while his single mom raising younger kids worked as an assistant manager at Church's fried chicken.

It really isn't that hard to figure out. Bama is dirty, always has been and always will be.

Is that true??

Reactions: 3 people

GO VOLS.

yea we have been cheating ..we really
have NFL players and we pay them well

Reactions: 4 people
yea we have been cheating ..we really
have NFL players and we pay them well

dee-liner-friwnds-flash-cash-300x297.jpg

Yes you do.

Reactions: 4 people
dee-liner-friwnds-flash-cash-300x297.jpg

Yes you do.

Someone is, anyway.

They used to have a pretty sweet pipeline to the Memphis high schools. It blew up when, ten years or so ago? Boosters were paying HS coaches to point their players toward Bama, if I recall correctly, and I might not. But someone was running a racket there. It made quite a splash in the Memphis papers.

Bama fans used to get furious when this was brought up. We'll see if our Bama troll on this thread bites. :)

Reactions: 3 people
I need to research the background of Saban and his coaches, because I know nothing about Bama and their history really. Since becoming a fan of CFB Saban has dominated. I want to see a different champion.

Go watch 'Gamechanger.' Hate to recommend it, but it will give you good Saban insight. Dude is relentless. He's methodical. His work ethic is unmatched.

VN Store

Back