Official Major League Soccer/US Men's National Team Thread

Talk about a nightmare of a trip. Bradley gets hurt, we get thrashed, and Jozy, Cameron, and Besler will miss the Mexico match. Thank gawd Mexico blew it and lost and Jamaica held Panama.

Even after running off a 12 game win streak (against some good and some bad teams) we clearly still have a lot of work to do

It's going to be tough without Jozy, Besler, and Cameron. I'm hoping Bradley can play, but if not I think Mix should get the start. I also think we need a true striker up top like Bacon. As much as I like Dempsey I didn't like where he was last night...

Anyway, Mexico might have given us a gift. They fired El Chepo this morning; however, this might unite El Tri even more.

4 more called in for the match against Mexico. Goodson, Corona, Torres, and Davis. Brooks has been released back to his club. Not sure if that's a good sign at this point. He's still able to play for Germany

Please don't say Dempsey is better

I think it could be argued that Dempsey is straight across a better player. However, I think Bradley is the most important player for the USMNT.

Jozy might be the only other one in the running for that title. You need a Spain level midfield to win against the worlds best without a high level out and out striker, and Jozy is the only one we've got.

4 more called in for the match against Mexico. Goodson, Corona, Torres, and Davis. Brooks has been released back to his club. Not sure if that's a good sign at this point. He's still able to play for Germany
I think there was a deal with his club that he could only be available for one game and I think that was for Costa Rica. I read something about it somewhere, but I don't remember exactly the reason.

Can someone explain the Besler yellow? I didn't see it and can't pull up any video at work.

Probably the biggest joke of a call ever. The CR player is walking right beside Besler, bumps into him, and falls down in a heap. How CONCACAF allows a Mexican ref to do a USA game is beyond me. Conspriacy or not.

The yellow on Besler is the biggest joke ever. I really wish there were a way to protest that card. Also would like it to where the next time the official reffing the game is not from the country in which we play in the next match.

original.gif

The yellow on Besler is the biggest joke ever. I really wish there were a way to protest that card. Also would like it to where the next time the official reffing the game is not from the country in which we play in the next match.

I want to know why they can rescind red cards but not yellow??

VN Store

Back