The Memphis Grizzlies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current roster situation:

13 guaranteed contracts

3 non guaranteed (Reed, Greene, Akognon)

2 Draft Rights: (Calathes, Timma)

Timma definitely won't be here. We need another big. I don't know if Reed makes the team or not, but that 15th spot would have to be a big I would think.

Timma definitely won't be here. We need another big. I don't know if Reed makes the team or not, but that 15th spot would have to be a big I would think.

I would believe that the team will open the season with 14 players and leave the 15th spot open. I know Timma won't be here, but I included him anyway. Reed and Greene will be here for training camp, but they will definitely be cut.

I would believe that the team will open the season with 14 players and leave the 15th spot open. I know Timma won't be here, but I included him anyway. Reed and Greene will be here for training camp, but they will definitely be cut.

Calathes makes 14. We need a 5th big. Especially with Zbo's age/recent injury history.

Calathes makes 14. We need a 5th big. Especially with Zbo's age/recent injury history.

We'd probably better enjoy watching Z-Bo play this year. I'm thinking we'll shop him end of season/playoffs. I say playoffs, but hell, I expect it out of this roster..

Reactions: 2 people
What do you guys know about Franklin? I don't remember seeing any chatter about him. We've been talking about needing a shooter for some time. Is he a gun, slasher, defensive guard?

What do you guys know about Franklin? I don't remember seeing any chatter about him. We've been talking about needing a shooter for some time. Is he a gun, slasher, defensive guard?

He's a slasher. Great rebounder for a guard and great defender.

You have to admit that Wroten did not show against marginal defense in the summer league.

I didn't watch a second of the summer league after they announced Franklin and Leuer weren't playing because our team was absolute garbage and summer league is practically useless. Selby and Wroten ran the summer league last year. Seems to have worked out well so far for both of their NBA careers. I think people are greatly overreacting to a couple of exhibition scrimmages in a practice gym.

I'm not overreacting. Just commenting on what we've been able to see so far, practice gym and limited game minutes. Hasn't exactly shown yet. Maybe he will, but it is telling that the FO is pursuing additional options, IMO.

I'm not overreacting. Just commenting on what we've been able to see so far, practice gym and limited game minutes. Hasn't exactly shown yet. Maybe he will, but it is telling that the FO is pursuing additional options, IMO.

You don't want to hand a job to a kid with a lackluster work ethic. I understand bringing in competition for him. I understand having anther option if Wroten does bomb. But he has undeniable talent. To act like calathes is going to come in and wroten's days will instantly be numbered is comical to me.

Wroten was picked in the first round and plays in the NBA. Calathes was a second round pick and was pretty good in some league in Europe. Dallas thought so much of him that they signed Gal Mekel to a nice contract instead.

Reactions: 1 person
I think he hung 34 points or so against one team in summer league, but disappeared in others. I think there's potential, lacking consistency.

You don't want to hand a job to a kid with a lackluster work ethic. I understand bringing in competition for him. I understand having anther option if Wroten does bomb. But he has undeniable talent. To act like calathes is going to come in and wroten's days will instantly be numbered is comical to me.

Wroten was picked in the first round and plays in the NBA. Calathes was a second round pick and was pretty good in some league in Europe. Dallas thought so much of him that they signed Gal Mekel to a nice contract instead.

Let it be known that Calathes was on his way to being drafted in the 1st round, until he became clear that he was going overseas.

He was projected as a 1st round talent and late 1st round pick

Williams, Miller, Bayless, Q-Pon would sure give the Grizz a lot of shooting off the bench.

Hello guys, IMO.... ( since you asked).... Mr Wroten has a tremendous amount of upside, but no one can find the ON (and stay on) switch. With his talent, he should be way ahead of where he is. That's why the big boys are grasping for all of these other options. My old bud, CLH ( y'all know I'm crazy about him) saw this last year. I say we package Wroten and Prince and get us someone that can ball like Zach Randolph!
Now, there ya go
Stephen A - Started from the Bottom (Zach Randolph can ball) - YouTube

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back