Game Thread WCWS Lady Vols vs Oklahoma

Even better that its free...I want to play no joke

It's harder than I remember it from middle school recess. In an adult league, there's a pitcher trying to make it hard for you to do anything with it, instead of the opposing classmate who was rolling it nice and steady for everyone.

haha...bc I'm not a coach I'm not rational...haha...for the record I am a Train Dispatcher...its my job to make decisions every minute of an 8 hr shift...the lives of fellow railroaders depend on me to make the right one

so you think its rational to think you know how to coach a team better than the Weeklys. its like me saying I know how to run a train better than you. do you really not see this?

You play deep on those slappers and they drop one in shallow OF in front of you, it could be a double. They can get from the plate to 2nd base in less than 6 seconds. With a conventional hitter, you would certainly back up.

so you think its rational to think you know how to coach a team better than the Weeklys. its like me saying I know how to run a train better than you. do you really not see this?

I think it's rational to say a fresh pitcher should be brought in to pitch the 11th inning...definately the 12 th...or should I just blindly follow like a sheep? Now you don't agree with me is perfectly fine...but there are others who do...

I think it's rational to say a fresh pitcher should be brought in to pitch the 11th inning...definately the 12 th...or should I just blindly follow like a sheep? Now you don't agree with me is perfectly fine...but there are others who do...

if you will admit, it might not of been the right call to pull Ellen. its a guess, admit its a guess. just like I don't think it would of mattered.

You play deep on those slappers and they drop one in shallow OF in front of you, it could be a double. They can get from the plate to 2nd base in less than 6 seconds. With a conventional hitter, you would certainly back up.

Not when you keep it in front of you. That's the whole point - to hold the batter to a single instead of having a base hit turn into a double, which was what happened.

They would have given up a run regardless but poor coaching also allowed the batter to reach scoring position. Hopefully, poor positioning like this will be corrected in the next game.

I'm not qualified to take their jobs and don't want them to leave us, but I'm still going to exercise my right to complain about the OF needing to play deep with the tying run at the plate.

Last edited:
if you will admit, it might not of been the right call to pull Ellen. its a guess, admit its a guess. just like I don't think it would of mattered.

Switching pitchers when it was 3-0 is a tough call. I've not followed the team enough to know how often Ivy has entered during a game with a lead to get a save. But, I would have switched pitchers at 3-3.

Since misery loves company, this actually wasn't the worst choke of the night (albeit it was on the biggest stage). Florida Atlantic baseball blew an extra-inning lead twice against #1 overall seed UNC in a game that would've advanced them into the Super Regionals.

I'm not qualified to take their jobs and don't want them to leave us, but I'm still going to exercise my right to complain about the OF playing deep with the tying run at the plate.

and its my right to complain about your statement. :hi:

They don't need to stand at the wall, but they should at least be at whatever 'normal depth' is in softball.

Not when you keep it in front of you. That's the whole point - to hold the batter to a single instead of having a base hit turn into a double, which was what happened.

They would have given up a run regardless but poor coaching also allowed the batter to reach scoring position. Hopefully, poor positioning like this will be corrected in the next game.

I've seen Raven do it before. In baseball, it would never happen, but remember it's only 120 feet from home to 2nd in softball, not 180 feet.

and its my right to complain about your statement. :hi:

Tonight reminds me of Game 2 of the 2007 WCWS when we had a girl on 3rd base with 0 outs, and Ralph Weekly spent the rest of the inning with his eyes closed, because he was too nervous to watch. Cameras caught him, and the announcer acted like it was cute. My reaction was that if the coach is that nervous, how under control is the team?

Weeklys are awesome and have built an excellent program for us. But, they've been easy to question in the NC games. I'm glad we have them though.

Catch an easy popup and the "bad officiating" doesn't matter

Not necessarily. Catch that popup and the next batters face Ellen differently. Catch that popup and Ellen pitches differently. Nobody knows how the game would have ended if that ball was caught. Everyone knows what would have happened if the call was made correctly at 3rd.

In 2007, Monica couldn't be touched in the first game against Arizona...now she is a power pitcher who gives maximum effort every pitch...she proved Arizona couldn't hit her if she was rested...game 2, our second pitcher should have pitched and let Monica rest, bc once again she was a maximum effort pitcher...game 3, Monica would have been rested and untouchable...but no...they pitch her in game 2 and she loses velocity on her pitches in the later innings and game 3 they kill us bc she is worn out...

I love what the Weekly's have done with our program...I hope they stay...but I also hope they learn not to choke in the big games with their decisions....

In 2007, Monica couldn't be touched in the first game against Arizona...now she is a power pitcher who gives maximum effort every pitch...she proved Arizona couldn't hit her if she was rested...game 2, our second pitcher should have pitched and let Monica rest, bc once again she was a maximum effort pitcher...game 3, Monica would have been rested and untouchable...but no...they pitch her in game 2 and she loses velocity on her pitches in the later innings and game 3 they kill us bc she is worn out...

I love what the Weekly's have done with our program...I hope they stay...but I also hope they learn not to choke in the big games with their decisions....

That Arizona lineup would've destroyed Megan Rhodes.

When you take Game 1, you want to slam the door shut in Game 2. Since the WCWS switched from a 1-game final to a 3-game final, every team that lost Game 2 after winning Game 1 went on to lose Game 3.

Last edited:
I'd also like to note that I don't really think that drop was so much on Gibson. It appeared that Brown was playing it all the way. My guess is that she suddenly realized she didn't have it and Gibson had to react.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back