The Official Indiana Pacers Thread

The slack we've seen with Hibbert has been picked up by Lance Stephenson. That guy is off the hook right now. He's been their MVP, and he's 5th in minutes, LOL. I know he's not putting up big numbers, but he's like 10:1 positive plays to negative plays. What's going to happen when Granger comes back?

Also George Hill has been playing well.

Pacers have a better winning percentage without Paul George.

The Pacers are clearly better without him and Dominic McGuire/Gerald Green are better.

Damn, Lance Stephenson getting some real minutes, and gets 17 on 13 shots, 7 rebounds and 4 steals.

Great performance last night against the Heat. I know we're right in the middle of the dog days of the NBA season and that there is a pretty good chance Miami is in full-on coast mode, but the Pacers have had their number for far this season. I'm still not convinced Indy can beat them in a 7 game series, but I REALLY hope they get another shot at them this year.

It looks like Danny Granger's return is finally imminent. Hopefully there won't be too many growing pains phasing him back into the lineup, because the margin between the 3rd best team in the East and the 6th is razor thin right now. Also, if Hibbert can somehow resurrect his game to even 75% of what it was last season, this team still has some decent room for improvement in the final couple months.

They match up well with the Heat. Didn't they give them the toughest series last year in the playoffs?

They match up well with the Heat. Didn't they give them the toughest series last year in the playoffs?

The Pacers have pretty good size, and the Heat are the worst rebounding team in the league IIRC. That's a matchup that works to Indy's favor. Last year, they had the benefit of catching them with Bosh out of the lineup and were actually up 2-1 before LeBron went into Beast Mode for basically the rest of the series.

Damn, I'm surprised to see they have the lowest RPG. That's crazy...probably the best stat for looking at that is rebound %, where they are tied for 23rd.

To rebound poorly and still be the top seed means they score incredibly efficiently (#1 in FG%, and #2 in 3pt %), and do not turn the ball over (#4).

Saw an interesting trade proposal last night on the NBA pregame show. Danny Granger for Monta Ellis straight up. Thoughts? I personally love it for the Pacers, just seeing your thoughts?

It'll probably never happen, just fun to think about.

Fantastic. All year the Pacers have quietly gone about their business and flown under the radar all the while playing their way into the second spot in the East. Now, tomorrow they'll finally get some airtime on ESPN, but for all the wrong reasons.

Fantastic. All year the Pacers have quietly gone about their business and flown under the radar all the while playing their way into the second spot in the East. Now, tomorrow they'll finally get some airtime on ESPN, but for all the wrong reasons.

Was it a bad brawl? I looked on youtube earlier and couldn't find it. I always hear that Hibbert is probably the nicest guy in the NBA, so seeing that on the crawler surprised me

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiDctmHq5GM&[/youtube]

Definitely wasn't as bad as i thought it was gonna be

Certainly could have been worse. Thankfully everybody stayed on the bench and no fans got involved. Still hard to watch it and not be reminded if the Malice at the Palace that destroyed one of the better Pacers teams and set the franchise back 5+ years.

Certainly could have been worse. Thankfully everybody stayed on the bench and no fans got involved. Still hard to watch it and not be reminded if the Malice at the Palace that destroyed one of the better Pacers teams and set the franchise back 5+ years.

I still cant believe Artest went into the stands to fight a fan

I still cant believe Artest went into the stands to fight a fan

It was wrong of Artest, no doubt, but it was also cowardly of that Pistons fan to throw a cup of beer on a player that was just trying to stay out of trouble. Ironically, the fan he attacked was the wrong person.

VN Store

Back