2013 NC WR Marquez North (UT signee)

Most Memphis guys go elsewhere. You dont see Herron having a hard time with the pressure. That may change with the new regime's stance but as of now I don't think its an issue. Remember Morris is ALREADY commited to UCLA.

Running backs coach Jay Graham was in to see Marquez North on Tuesday. Tennessee did a great job with North over the week first with his unofficial visit and then the follow up in home, now they have to hope it was enough to hold off UNC as North visits the Tar Heels this week. North Carolina will have around 20 visitors on campus this weekend with almost all of them being current commitments so expect a lot of peer recruiting in Chapel Hill this weekend.

VQ

Man I really want to land this guy. I'm stoked about the potential of our future passing attack with North and Harris on the outside and Jenkins in the slot. That trio could be very good together.

My favorite part is that they all bring something different to the table. North is the physical guy who excells in the mid-range and keeps the chains moving, Harris is the lanky athlete who can make the tough catches and big plays, and Jenkins is the burner who can beat you deep on any given play or can take a screen or short crossing route to the house. I know all these guys have the ability to do it all in the passing game. This is just a quick little summary of why I think they could be a good blend and play well together when they are all out on the field at the same time.

Most Memphis guys go elsewhere. You dont see Herron having a hard time with the pressure. That may change with the new regime's stance but as of now I don't think its an issue. Remember Morris is ALREADY commited to UCLA.

Because of its distance from Knoxville (roughly 400 miles), Memphis has always been a difficult market for UT to penetrate. Even when Fulmer had his recruiting machine working at optimal efficiency, we secured commitments from Memphis players occasionally but never with great regularity.

Are/were you a fighting farmer by chance?

If you strong ties to Memphis, invest. Fulmer never did. Go to Union in Jackson and have a free clinic for HS coaches in west TN. Have a camp over there. You have to build equity with people.

Reactions: 2 people
If you strong ties to Memphis, invest. Fulmer never did. Go to Union in Jackson and have a free clinic for HS coaches in west TN. Have a camp over there. You have to build equity with people.

That is a great idea. You should email the coaches that idea. Phenomenal marketing and fence mending scheme

Are/were you a fighting farmer by chance?

Ha no. I am a stone's throw from the high school now but I went to high school in Alaska. Im a Chugiak Mustang.

I do wish Lewsiville's high school had a better football team though.

Ha no. I am a stone's throw from the high school now but I went to high school in Alaska. Im a Chugiak Mustang.

I do wish Lewsiville's high school had a better football team though.

I lived in Flower Mound back in the 90's and it seemed like Lewisville was competing for state every year back then. I was in middle school at the time, but my sister played soft ball there before Flower Mound high opened. She still has this ridiculous blanket from one of the fundraiser a they had. Maroon and white with pitch forks all over it, haha. The big rivalry back then was Lewisville and Marcus.

Because of its distance from Knoxville (roughly 400 miles), Memphis has always been a difficult market for UT to penetrate. Even when Fulmer had his recruiting machine working at optimal efficiency, we secured commitments from Memphis players occasionally but never with great regularity.

Im not sure Fulmer recruited Memohis real heavily. Especially back in the '90s. So much crooked stuff going on, ask Alabama and all the runners they have had over there. Fulmer knew what was going on over there.

The problem seems to be if we were to "invest" in Memphis recruiting, it would come at a very high price. With all the HS coaches, and handlers(many of which are the HS coaches), along with the all around shady dealings(see J. Robinson's recruitment), I can understand why alot of coaches avoid the area. Are the 2-3 guys you may pull out of there yearly worth the NCAA issues that seem to follow? That is what the coaches have to weigh. If so many Memphis HS coaches did not have their hand out, I'm sure it would be very different.

Reactions: 1 person
The problem seems to be if we were to "invest" in Memphis recruiting, it would come at a very high price. With all the HS coaches, and handlers(many of which are the HS coaches), along with the all around shady dealings(see J. Robinson's recruitment), I can understand why alot of coaches avoid the area. Are the 2-3 guys you may pull out of there yearly worth the NCAA issues that seem to follow? That is what the coaches have to weigh. If so many Memphis HS coaches did not have their hand out, I'm sure it would be very different.
Had a very lengthy heated discussion on this subject a year ago. IMO the dirty issue surrounding memphis is a little overblown now. It was really bad but things have been cleaned up. Even with it being more on the up and up i still think memphis should be far behind the ATL area in area of importance regarding time and money spend recruiting in those two areas.

@Niebuhr247: RT @annahick: Students (at #UNC hoops game) with a Marquez North chant. 4-star WR from Charlotte //// #Vols #Tarheels

Booooooo.

Someone needs to tell Marquez to get a good look at their fans now cause he won't see'm come football season.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back