The Golf Thread

What are the chances you open with two straight 63s only to have 7 players still within 5 strokes of you? Looks like it is going to be a fun weekend. I've worked some with current players, but can't say I know any of the players like you know Henley. That's pretty cool GA.

Lets be clear here. Russell probably wouldn't have a clue who I am. He's about 12-13 years younger than his brother who I know well. Although . . . The guy that fit me for my irons is his swing coach, so I've got that going for me. :crazy:

If he breaks par for the weekend and managed to top 10 I think you have to call this week a huge success for him.

Henley is flat out a machine right now. Insane for a rookie playing his first event to close like this.

Now 4 birdies in a row!? Tim Clark has made 3 in a row and has LOST ground. Just crazy good golf.

The money is great, but I don't think you can put a price tag on a rookie winning early and getting exempt. Really takes the heat off so he can just go play.

Played 18 with the 913D3 8.5° with the ALDIILA RIP Phenom 70/3.2 Stiff Shaft. Loved it. The sound was even better than my 910D3 and I had a lot more control with the lower kick point and slightly heavier shaft of the Phenom than my Diamana Blue 65 mid kick. My 910D3 is a 9.5° and I was surprised at how similar my trajectory was with the 8.5°.

I think what I'm going to do is try out the Phenom shaft in my 910 and see what kind of results I get.

I bought the 913 D2 8.5 and love it. I could not play the 910 (the shape just did not suit my eye). I think that you will find the 913 line a little straighter (though not necessarily longrer) than the 910. I have a diamana 'ahina X-flex. It is a great combo...what I have lost in distance I have made up for in fairways hit.

If McIlroy breaks up with that tennis chick, racks up injuries, loses a bunch of weight and starts wearing bad sunglasses, we'll know.

The chick he was with in his prime wasn't much of a prize IMO. He looks to have at least gained his weight back.

i thought this was a pretty good one, reminds me of the old larry bird vs michael jordan commercials

not sure why i cant get the embed to work

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NCDYjHtEcU&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Last edited:
My local guy just put up a smooth 64. That means in his first 5 rounds as a member of the tour, he's got a win and a stroke average of 64.0. :superman:

VN Store

Back