The Golf Thread

I'm trying to sell my old set if you know anyone interested. Ping i3 Blade 3-PW, Black Dot, Z-Z65 shafts with GP Multi Compound Grips, Titleist 905T 9.5 Degree Driver, 16 Degree Adams Original Tight Lies Fairway Wood, Cleveland 53 and 56 degree wedges, a Ping Anser 4 putter and a blue/silver/black Ping Xtreme Hoofer Stand Bag.

Last edited:
A range finder is good as long as they have those reflector deals on the flagsticks. My gps app & the course markers get me close enough.

Reactions: 1 person
A lot of the range finders don't need the reflectors any more.

A buddy of mine has the callaway one. My Golfshot app is pretty much spot on with what he gets. I guess it's personal preference & it'll be something new to play with. I find myself not even bothering to look at anything if its a regular course I've played & know from experience what to hit. I'll look to get an idea of the yardage if I find myself off the beaten path.

Played 18 with the 913D3 8.5° with the ALDIILA RIP Phenom 70/3.2 Stiff Shaft. Loved it. The sound was even better than my 910D3 and I had a lot more control with the lower kick point and slightly heavier shaft of the Phenom than my Diamana Blue 65 mid kick. My 910D3 is a 9.5° and I was surprised at how similar my trajectory was with the 8.5°.

I think what I'm going to do is try out the Phenom shaft in my 910 and see what kind of results I get.

Reactions: 1 person
Little brother of a guy I grew up with went out yesterday in his first PGA Tour event as a full fledged member and laid a smooth 63 on them.

that's awesome

what's his name, I'll keep an eye out for him this year

Russell Henley . . . Followed his 63 with another 63 today. He's playing out of his mind. Blows my mind that the little kid that used to run around while we played basketball is leading a PGA Tour event.

Russell Henley . . . Followed his 63 with another 63 today. He's playing out of his mind. Blows my mind that the little kid that used to run around while we played basketball is leading a PGA Tour event.

What are the chances you open with two straight 63s only to have 7 players still within 5 strokes of you? Looks like it is going to be a fun weekend. I've worked some with current players, but can't say I know any of the players like you know Henley. That's pretty cool GA.

What are the chances you open with two straight 63s only to have 7 players still within 5 strokes of you? Looks like it is going to be a fun weekend. I've worked some with current players, but can't say I know any of the players like you know Henley. That's pretty cool GA.

Anything in the 60s would be good. I use to hang with Robbie Biershenk on occasion that was on the big break before. His brother Tommy got his card & is on tour.

VN Store

Back