Vol uniform/helmet design discussion (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The names had no outline... they were just in a darker orange. That was a bad idea.

They should have just went all orange, with no names.

Im surprised the idea got passed through all the proper "outlets" and no one said, "Hey orange with a darker shade is still horrible to read/look at."

dumbk.jpg

Last edited:
so manti teo thread gets moved from football forum but this remains here? can we move this thread to the shopping specials and latest fashion designs forum?

I agree with the names. Would have rather them not been on at all but really liked the uniforms overall and would like to see a version of them on the football field.

The names had no outline... they were just in a darker orange. That was a bad idea.

They should have just went all orange, with no names.

Im surprised the idea got passed through all the proper "outlets" and no one said, "Hey orange with a darker shade is still horrible to read/look at."

dumbk.jpg

It's actually the same color, but the different materials cause it to appear slightly darker on TV and in certain lights, much how the orange pants always appear to be a different shade than the numbers on the road football uniforms.

The letters on the basketball uniforms also turn darker as they absorb sweat, while the jerseys change little because they are made of a sweat-wicking material.

It's actually the same color, but the different materials cause it to appear slightly darker on TV and in certain lights, much how the orange pants always appear to be a different shade than the numbers on the road football uniforms.

The letters on the basketball uniforms also turn darker as they absorb sweat, while the jerseys change little because they are made of a sweat-wicking material.

C’mon spill! How black are the new jerseys?

And on a serious note, can Jones do anything about this year’s look?

The names were definitely hard to read. That may have been intentional. Kind of the name in the front being more important than the name on the back kind if thing. No idea but that's how I took it.

I think the latest mock up is pretty cool. The number would be hard to read from a ways off though. Looked awesome on the court last night. Can we put "TENESSSEE" on the front like it was on the hoops jersey too (outlined in white)?

I'll add our name in a little bit and post the orange-out uni again.

C’mon spill! How black are the new jerseys?

And on a serious note, can Jones do anything about this year’s look?

He could, but from what I understand, there are no plans to change the uniforms, other than the all-orange option being back on the table.

He sees our trademark uniforms as part of our identity, and doesn't want to change that. As he said to a group of former players when the question came up, "This isn't Cincinnati"

Reactions: 1 person
The names were definitely hard to read. That may have been intentional. Kind of the name in the front being more important than the name on the back kind if thing. No idea but that's how I took it.

I think the latest mock up is pretty cool. The number would be hard to read from a ways off though. Looked awesome on the court last night. Can we put "TENESSSEE" on the front like it was on the hoops jersey too (outlined in white)?

Here ya go, I also put a white helmet on with orange facemask just to show it.

FootballVolUniformOrangeOut2_zps8dba3c72.jpg

Like the jersey. A LOT. Gotta keep the orange helmet though.

to be an all orange out, I'd agree to an all orange helmet, white strip and Power T on the sides. For it to be new mixed with old, then the traditional white helmet would be good, with white or orange mask.

to be an all orange out, I'd agree to an all orange helmet, white strip and Power T on the sides. For it to be new mixed with old, then the traditional white helmet would be good, with white or orange mask.

The "ORANGES DON'T MATCH" people would go nuts when an orange helmet hit the field. Zero chance of a glossy or matte orange helmet appearing anywhere close to the jersey.

UT did a matte orange baseball helmet a few years ago, after a couple of weeks of use, it wasn't anywhere close to the jerseys, and looked even worse under the lights at night games.

The "ORANGES DON'T MATCH" people would go nuts when an orange helmet hit the field. Zero chance of a glossy or matte orange helmet appearing anywhere close to the jersey.

UT did a matte orange baseball helmet a few years ago, after a couple of weeks of use, it wasn't anywhere close to the jerseys, and looked even worse under the lights at night games.

Ahhh, I can see that, epecially the wear and tear on helmets like that, the fading and whatever causing the orange to no longer match up. And yeah, matte, gloss, metallic, any of them on a helmet wouldn't quite match the jerseys.

He could, but from what I understand, there are no plans to change the uniforms, other than the all-orange option being back on the table.

He sees our trademark uniforms as part of our identity, and doesn't want to change that. As he said to a group of former players when the question came up, "This isn't Cincinnati"

glad to hear this although im in the once a year special uniform camp.

I may be the only one but I can't get a grip on the white helmet with orange mask. It looks to much like the Bo Jackson Auburn helmets. For some reason it just looks dated to me.

I think something like this would be cool...kinda like Boise State wrapped their logo around the helmet a couple seasons back, but keep tradition...

now that is a good change, i think most could handle a change like that to the helmet for a game or two a season

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back