Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple things from Stripling...He is getting to know all his new players and acknowledged the challenges with that group not having the same position coach for consecutive years. Stripling said he is putting an emphasis on building relationships with them but said he had been impressed with how much they have wanted to jump in right now and watch tape, learn, etc.

Stripling said he has had to remind them that he has some recruiting responsibilities to manage.

Alot of of talk about the 4-3 front. Stripling said that it would be a multiple front and that they would be in some three man looks but mostly a 4 man front. He also said that he would not have uniform guys meaning that he would have a rush end and a strong end. Inside it would be a bigger tackle and a quick tackle. That's similar to what Kiffin's defensive front did and what Wilcox did his first year couple of years when he moved Malik inside.

-Hubbs

Based on what?

Just because he was more motivated to show up our biggest rival, which also happened to be his former team, does not indicate he played half assed verses the rest of the schedule.

Seriously sick of seeing our players get bashed for something as stupid as they opted for the NFL verses meeting with a new coaching staff that they knew would never coach them.

If he actually came out and said something derogatory about the University, then you have a beef but...nothing has been said, that we know of, yet people make assumptions based on a very small piece of information?

smdh

could not agree more - if he knows he is going to the NFL really what is the point of meeting

he came in when we needed his type body to move to a 3-4 - it is not his fault that Sal turned out to be terrible and rarely put players in a position where they could make plays

we should be appreciative of him coming and playing as well as any other DL on our team and wish him the best in the NFL

Reactions: 1 person
Based on what? This is his livelihood now. Its going to be how he survives and for u to make the blanket statement that he will be out of shape has no merit. He must have told u that when he goes to pro day he's going to go there out of shape and that he wasn't going to train. Really?

My judgment is based on his history as a player. If you knew anything about Sentimore's history as a player, teammate, or worker, we wouldn't even have this argument.

I understand that but he also has too many question marks to be a high draft pick. 1st rounders are sure things. A smart GM won't take a project or possible potential early in the first round. Thats why I said late first rounder, but morelikely 2nd and early 3rd at the worst.
You seem to be the only one saying CP has too many question marks. CP does not have a problem holding on to the ball at all. His route running will be improved. Every expert I've seen has him as a high first rounder. There's more than enough film on this kid that tells people he's getting drafted high.

So, the Eagles and Brian Kelly are talking. If Butch Jones were to keep following Kelly(He won't), but if he did, would we be hearing Gruden rumors again?

If Kelly goes to the NFL, lookout for James Franklin to head to South Bend.

I think he knows routes and reads well enough that Peyton can trust him. CP is a ways off from that IMO. ZRo was an exaggeration, but I really think Peyton would choose a more polished WR over the freak athlete who won't always run the right route.
I think people enjoy making critical comments about players just to get a reaction. To say Peyton would pass on a CP like talent as if he lacks the leadership skills to help develop and exploit that talent is absurd. Attention seeking behavior at best.

could not agree more - if he knows he is going to the NFL really what is the point of meeting

he came in when we needed his type body to move to a 3-4 - it is not his fault that Sal turned out to be terrible and rarely put players in a position where they could make plays

we should be appreciative of him coming and playing as well as any other DL on our team and wish him the best in the NFL
All of this has nothing to do with him not producing as a player and student

Can somebody please explain to me how Brian Kelly can leave the Notre Dame job and go anywhere in the NFL and have it not be a lateral move at best? I hate ND with a deep-seeded blinding rage, but let’s face it: it’s one of the best jobs in football-any level. So you’d leave a place where 5-star recruits are-quite literally-praying to get to play there to be the head coach of Arizona? That’s a step up?
Its the NFL dude. It's the pros. Of course its a step up. College to the pros will never be a lateral move. Its a step up because it is harder to win in the pros and to get those five star players. Its a league full of superstars.

Reactions: 1 person
Just heard a good interview on The Zone in Nashville with CBJ. He sounds just like another coach but I can't put my finger on it, maybe Don Meyer?

I think people enjoy making critical comments about players just to get a reaction. To say Peyton would pass on a CP like talent as if he lacks the leadership skills to help develop and exploit that talent is absurd. Attention seeking behavior at best.

Lol anyone whose opinion isn't yours is seeking attention. No one said he would pass, he would just take others first.

Just read the new article on VQ about what the NCAA has proposed regarding recruiting restrisctions being cut, it's unbelievable. Things are about to get even crazier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back