The Bruce Pearl Thread

Would you be for Bruce Pearl's return if Martin is fired after next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt there's anyone on here who doesn't appreciate what Pearl did for the program. People elevating him to deity status are ****ed up in the head.

If by 'deity status' you mean Pearl-ball was fun to watch...well. I guess I'm ****ed somewhere...prolly my eyeballs.

None of the stuff about calls/texts and extra hotel nights came out though until after NCAA originally started sniffing around. What was that about?

It never came out to the public, but both were self reported by the university. They were not reported during the investigation. Like many other secondary violations that every school reports year in and year out. Obviously, the NCAA didn't think too much of the extra time the recruits were here since it never made the 22 page report of their investigation.

Just curious...would you call a coach a cheater that tried recruiting other student athletes from other schools? What about evaluating a recruit during an open workout while that recruit is visiting the school. Both are NCAA violations.

Last edited:
The funniest thing about everyone that criticizes Pearl for being such a liar and cheat is that if he didn't man up and admit to the NCAA that he lied to them and just kept to his story of "he didn't know" then it probably doesn't get escalated to as big as it did and he may still be coaching today. His "biggest" mistake was probably admitting that he lied.

Martin + Pearl would probably = the best basketball coach ever. That's all about all I have to say on this.

The funniest thing about everyone that criticizes Pearl for being such a liar and cheat is that if he didn't man up and admit to the NCAA that he lied to them and just kept to his story of "he didn't know" then it probably doesn't get escalated to as big as it did and he may still be coaching today. His "biggest" mistake was probably admitting that he lied.

His mistake was lying in the first place. Simply admitting that he had recruits to his house would get him a slap on the wrist.

His mistake was lying in the first place. Simply admitting that he had recruits to his house would get him a slap on the wrist.

This. People act like it wasn't huge deal with him lying lol. Had he known how to reasonably handle the situation, just a slap as you said. No getting fired.

This. People act like it wasn't huge deal with him lying lol. Had he known how to reasonably handle the situation, just a slap as you said. No getting fired.

He lied yet came clean days later.

People are still waiting for Calipari to come clean. Could happen any day now...

All of you shut it!... Martin is quickly becoming Kevin what's his name.....oh yea....Crappy team you keep believing is better than it really is....

I become more convinced every day we should have just stuck with Pearl and rode out the punishment. Not like we've been making the NCAA Tourney anyway.

I become more convinced every day we should have just stuck with Pearl and rode out the punishment. Not like we've been making the NCAA Tourney anyway.

Absolutely. It would be great for the program, the university's reputation, and all of the student athletes involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back