'13 TN ATH Jalen Ramsey (Former USCw, now FSU commit)

He was on 104.5 this morning talking about the army all american game. At the end he said he was still commited to USCw, but is looking around. Didn't say where his visits would be.

Kid never grew up a UT fan. He has never had UT in it. Wasn't a Dooley screw up. He views UT as any other school and has never named a dream school. I don't think he would be persuaded to go to UT and I personally think its a waste of time to pursue him. Gator lock IMO...

Wrong. You keep after the highest ranked 5* kid from your own state till he signs his LOI. Everyone knows his commitment to USC is iffy, so why not try. Strange things happen in recruiting all the time.

Reactions: 2 people
The fact that he has 8 other schools ranked over TN is kinda scary. Even Duke is ranked higher on his list.

From AU QB commit Jeremy Johnson in San Antonio -

"Marquez North to meet (WR coach and CO-OC )Dameyune Craig.
Jalen Ramsey to meet DB coach (DB coach) Melvin Smith."

Wrong. You keep after the highest ranked 5* kid from your own state till he signs his LOI. Everyone knows his commitment to USC is iffy, so why not try. Strange things happen in recruiting all the time.

I think at this point you have to prioritize recruits. Yes, the staff would love to land JR. I would also guess they see that as about a 10% possibility. It would be a big mistake to focus on landing a guy you can't and missing out on a guy who is actually interested. If the coaches are showing JR all the love, another DB prospect could see it and say to hell with all that and look elsewhere. At some point, you have to cut loose the "dreams" and sign the kids you have a shot at. JMO

From MFarrell -

Ramsey is committed to USC and I don't think that will change, barring something unexpected. He visited Florida, Mississippi State, Washington and could now visit Florida State. But the big visit is Jan. 18 at USC. As long as the Trojans hire a solid defensive coordinator who wants to play the defensive style Ramsey likes, I think things will be fine.

From MFarrell -

Ramsey is committed to USC and I don't think that will change, barring something unexpected. He visited Florida, Mississippi State, Washington and could now visit Florida State. But the big visit is Jan. 18 at USC. As long as the Trojans hire a solid defensive coordinator who wants to play the defensive style Ramsey likes, I think things will be fine.

At this point, I want Ramsey to go to USC and stay out of the SEC. Would have liked a Washington flip. That would have been the best of both worlds since we were never seemingly in this one.

According to Jalen's father, the family is hitting Tallahassee this weekend for an official visit.

Could Kiffin run into the same thing Dooley did? That being, struggle to find a DC not knowing if they're gonna have a job a year from now.

Especially next year, because that would mean it is a middle tier bowl which means we've improved and they wouldn't have.

Would also almost certainly end Kiffin's career in SoCal if he lost.

Would be good closure on an ugly chapter of our program as well. Maybe we could meet in the Alamo Bowl since his team enjoys that location so much.

VN Store

Back